Am I the only one who thinks Majora's Mask is REALLY hard!

Seriously?

Everyone says they love this game, but I suck at it.

Please either agree with me, or give me tips about the time stuff, where I even go after the Clock Town stuff, and anything else helpful. So basically, just help me with Majora's Mask. I already used a guide for Clock Town and I don't want to use it for the whole game.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
The Inverted Song of Time helps a lot. From Clock Town, you first need to go to the Southern Swamp and hitch a ride to the Deku Palace from the Swamp Tourist Center.
 

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Zelda games usually start out with you having no clue what to do. I think the problem with this game is that there's a time limit for the beginning.
 
Byakuya Togami said:
The Inverted Song of Time helps a lot. From Clock Town, you first need to go to the Southern Swamp and hitch a ride to the Deku Palace from the Swamp Tourist Center.
Yeah but I thought they said something about the Magic Hag or you need something blah blah blah.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
You need to rescue one of the witches (don't remember if it's Koume or Kotake) from the woods nearby their business and give her a Red/Heart Potion. She will then be available to give you a ride to where you need to go.
 

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Try playing this game without a memory card or a corrupted one. (when playing the zelda collector's deition game thing)

it's annoying.
 
Yoko Littner said:
Try playing this game without a memory card or a corrupted one. (when playing the zelda collector's deition game thing)

it's annoying.
I have it on Virtual Console ;)

Byakuya Togami said:
You need to rescue one of the witches (don't remember if it's Koume or Kotake) from the woods nearby their business and give her a Red/Heart Potion. She will then be available to give you a ride to where you need to go.
I thought I saw one flying around in the Lost Woods like area.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Yeah. When you get there, have a potion ready, and follow the monkey.
 
Sora said:
This is easiest game that I have played
Well, I am playing the Virtual Console one with a Gamecube controller if that makes a difference.

I just hate that you have to change the time all the time.
 

ToxBox

Power Star
New Super Mario said:
Sora said:
This is easiest game that I have played
Well, I am playing the Virtual Console one with a Gamecube controller if that makes a difference.

I just hate that you have to change the time all the time.
I play this on N64 and you need N64 Majora Mask, it is easier than VC
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
New Super Mario said:
Well, where do you get a potion?
The cheapest place is the Magic Hags' Potion Shop.
 
Byakuya Togami said:
New Super Mario said:
Well, where do you get a potion?
The cheapest place is the Magic Hags' Potion Shop.
So, I played this went their, said I needed something to put it in.

A bottle right? Where can I get that? I tried the Gorman Brothers but they didn't supply a bottle. And their is a huge rock blocking Romani Ranch....
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Ok, first, you have to go into the woods and find Koume (follow the monkey). Then, you go back to the potion shop to tell Kotake. She will give you the potion, which you then take to Koume.
 
Byakuya Togami said:
Ok, first, you have to go into the woods and find Koume (follow the monkey). Then, you go back to the potion shop to tell Kotake. She will give you the potion, which you then take to Koume.
OK, I'll try that. I'm on Dawn of The Second Day.

If I used the Song of Time, will I have to do all of that over again?
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
^By the way, he's talking about a song that lets you warp to owl statues.
 

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Remember if you use the song of time.

you have to start it all over again.
 

Fujiwara no Sai

Ghost of a man
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
The trick about playing Majora's Mask is to find out about which shortcuts you can use in order to accomplish everything you want in three days.

For example, once you rescue the witch in the woods, you will get a specific item (you get to keep all of your key items forever, they travel through time with you), as well as a way to explore another place in the swamp. If you reset time, you can use the item you got to regain access to the new place immediately, without having to help the witches all over again.
 
Kyouko Kirigiri said:
The trick about playing Majora's Mask is to find out about which shortcuts you can use in order to accomplish everything you want in three days.

For example, once you rescue the witch in the woods, you will get a specific item (you get to keep all of your key items forever, they travel through time with you), as well as a way to explore another place in the swamp. If you reset time, you can use the item you got to regain access to the new place immediately, without having to help the witches all over again.
Oh, ok. That should help.

So what does the inverted song of time do?
 

Fujiwara no Sai

Ghost of a man
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
It slows down the flow of time significantly, giving you about double the amount of time to accomplish what you want.
 

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
Kyouko Kirigiri said:
It slows down the flow of time significantly, giving you about double the amount of time to accomplish what you want.
but do you have to get certain mask and get the remains again if you use the song of time?
 
Top