TV Shows and Movies that make you Cringe

I understand that Korra is supposed to have a different approach, but it still doesn't make the show good in my eyes.

As for that spoiler.
I understand that he's Yakone's son, but they haven't explained how he bloodbended without the full moon. And yeah Metalbending was new in the original series but it wasn't as my friend puts it "the most OP move in the series". Because Metalbending doesn't allow you to control the every move of your enemies.

As for blaming the writers, well, they're not doing as good a job as I expected them to do. Simple as that.

Then how about Combustion Man? He had abilities no other character we know of. Yes he had that one weakness that ended up killing him but if you didn't know about that weakness the power to shoot lasers out of your mind would be pretty overpowered. Also what does it matter now that Amon tooks Tarrlokk's bending away? Unless it turns out it's reversible (Which could very well happen sometime) he's not going to be able to do any more of it soon. I would think you'd be more complaining on how Amon was able to resist his bloodbending when you're talking about Overpoweredness.

I just don't think it should be mentioned in shows that make you cringe. It's ok if you have reasons for not liking it. But when I think cringe-worthy shows I think stuff like Problem Solverz or G3/3.5 MLP.

Oh right, I forgot about Amon resisting the bloodbending. But the point is that Combustion Man both had a weakness and wasn't overpowered.

Ok. But my point still stands, you still watch Korra. I'm willing to bet even with your complaints you're going to see the Season Finale sometime. That means clearly the show doesn't make you cringe enough to avoid watching more of it entirely. Which I think this is what the thread was for.

Everything in Disney Channel and Nickelodeon right now. The abuse of the laugh track is nonsensical.

Chihiro Fujisaki said:
Take it from an Aussie; we cannot act. At all.

I don't know, I thought Jesse Spencer did well as Dr. Robert Chase.

Ironically, the first thing that came to my mind was The Last Airbender. One of the few movies that was actually PAINFUL to watch. I don't know why I kept watching it. Especially because we were on a plane when I saw it.

Agent Smith said:
The movie or the show?

Purple Yoshi said:
Ironically, the first thing that came to my mind was The Last Airbender. One of the few movies that was actually PAINFUL to watch.

Ah. I never got around to watching the movie.

I liked the show OK, but I never watched t with a passion or even kept up with it like many others did.

Yeah she meant the Live Action movie. As a fan of the show it was kinda bad. But I think the biggest problem was something they couldn't overcome even if they did have good acting: It's trying to summarize a 20-episode season of a show in only 2 hours.

*coughcoughTransformerscoughcough*

Actually I never got why the live action Transformers got so much hate.

I can't be the only fan who wanted to see Unicron done in live-action style.

Agent Smith said:

At least the first movie had this xD

It doesn't make me cringe, but I find Scooby Doo to be boring. Every episode's the same.

1. The gang arrives in a new location.

2. A monster is terrorizing the locales.

3. The gang splits up (usually in groups consisting of Shaggy and Scooby for group 1 and Fred, Velma, and Daphne in group 2) look for clues, round up suspects, and eventually figure out who the monster really is.

4. The "monster" is arrested and says they would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddlings kids and that dumb dog.

I think Chuggaa even mentioned in his Pikmin 2 LP that the show was on for far too long.

Northern Verve said:
Agent Smith said:

At least the first movie had this xD

I loved the first Transformers movie, I'm probably one of the only people who did, but it was awesome and hilarious and had a magic to it that the other movies didn't. It may have helped that I've never watched the animated series.

Then the series went to shit, but that first one was nice.

The new Spongebob episdoes and the new Fairly Oddparents shows

God, House Fancy, The Splinter, and Penny Foolish are just incredibly idiotic Spongebob episodes. Well, House Fancy actually was quite good until that scene.....

Baby Luigi said:
The new Spongebob episdoes and the new Fairly Oddparents shows

God, House Fancy, The Splinter, and Penny Foolish are just incredibly idiotic Spongebob episodes. Well, House Fancy actually was quite good until that scene.....
Dear God

Scarecrow, I'm another person who enjoyed that movie. Interestingly enough, I wasn't a huge fan of the animated series, at least not to the extent that Bay's deviation from it would piss me off, but I agree that the movies went to shit after the first one (second one would have been better if it wasn't so damn long).

Byakuya Togami said:
Scarecrow, I'm another person who enjoyed that movie. Interestingly enough, I wasn't a huge fan of the animated series, at least not to the extent that Bay's deviation from it would piss me off, but I agree that the movies went to shit after the first one (second one would have been better if it wasn't so damn long).

Definitely agreed. It just got so boring.

I hated the second one, but i thought the first and third ones were pretty good.

I don't get why "hardcore" fans are so pissy about the movies. I consider myself a hardcore fan.

Interesting article: Ruined Forever

Minuette said:
Anser said:
Everything in Disney Channel and Nickelodeon right now.
Everything?

What about Phineas and Ferb, old Spongebob episodes, T.U.F.F. Puppy and Legend of Korra?

From those you mentioned I can only save Phineas and Ferb. The rest sucks.

OH YES, our soap operas. I'm Venezuelan and God... Our soap operas are the cheesiest, ridiculest things EVER. The only good soap opera that has been made in Venezuela was La Mujer de Judas.

Anser said:
Minuette said:
Anser said:
Everything in Disney Channel and Nickelodeon right now.
Everything?

What about Phineas and Ferb, old Spongebob episodes, T.U.F.F. Puppy and Legend of Korra?

From those you mentioned I can only save Phineas and Ferb. The rest sucks.

OH YES, our soap operas. I'm Venezuelan and God... Our soap operas are the cheesiest, ridiculest things EVER. The only good soap opera that has been made in Venezuela was La Mujer de Judas.

Have you even seen Legend of Korra or heck even the original series that's a precursor to Korra? Avatar: The Last Airbender?

Back