Who here sucked at Melee but became good at Brawl?

Brawl was similar to the original and not to Melee (well that was what I thought as I looked through both) Just that Brawl had better music, stages, more characters but all the level of characters were the same (they just attacked and left no room for you to fight back)

I totally suck at Melee, but let me control Meta Knight in Brawl...heh, feel my wrath. 8) I obliterate anything in my path.

DarkHero Sonic the Dark said:
I pwn in all 3 SSBs, I'm pretty good.....That is all I have to say... O_O
Then say no more. :shifty:

DarkHero Sonic the Dark said:
I pwn in all 3 SSBs, I'm pretty good.....That is all I have to say... O_O
If you pwn at them, I wonder why I pwned you? :shifty:

I Was good At melee And good at brawl But not the first one. I too became a master of Wario :wario: ;D

nikoking said:
I Was good At melee And good at brawl But not the first one. I too became a master of Wario :wario: ;D
I'm the Mario/C. Falcon/Sonic/Ike/Wolf Master. ;D

I became good at Brawl for about a day, then I fell back into my old rut.

I sucked at Melee (mostly cuz i played at my friend's house and didn't know how to recover :-\). In Brawl, I prefer the GCN Controller, but I don't have a GCN Controller, so I use WiiMote+Nunchuck.

PS I pwn with :luigi: and :yoshi:

I'm good at both, but my friend suddenly became better with the Wii-chuck controls.

Despite getting owned by everyone in Wi-Fi I'm still pretty good 8). But they always turn the smash ball off :mad: I want to own with Super Dragon Yoshi! :yoshi:

LANDMASTAHHHH!

Kuriboomba said:
I wish I could play as goomba
Heh, I wish you were blocked. (Oh wait, you are!)

People on "With Anyone" aren't usually good, and you have to wait for like 20 minutes to find a match.

Knife said:
People on "With Anyone" aren't usually good, and you have to wait for like 20 minutes to find a match.
Yeah, really. The only days I actually found people were within 2 weeks of release of the game.

They're either spammers or tourneyfags, most of em anyway. As far as Melee, I've always been adept at it; and I've adapted to Brawl quite fairly if I do say so myself.

Melee was all about speed. Speed demons (Fox) ruled the game.

Brawl, however, is all about mindgames. People like Snake and Meta Knight rule it, although it's possible to play good without just about anybody.

It's a difficult adaption to make. Melee and Brawl are very different. To succeed at Brawl, you have to throw every thing you learned in Melee out the window, because it won't work. Brawl lacks combos, L-Cancelling, and Wavedashing. You have to adapt to not having those techniques.

Free Loader said:
Xpike said:
Cowards use Smash Balls, if can win without one then you're a good player

I always play with Smash Balls turned off. :3

I always have all items off; since I want every match to be a fair match; not a match with items like bombs or invincability (spelt wrong; didn't I?), or any other items. I do, however, play with items sometimes.

MegaMario9910 said:
Free Loader said:
Xpike said:

I always have all items off; since I want every match to be a fair match; not a match with items like bombs or invincability (spelt wrong; didn't I?), or any other items. I do, however, play with items sometimes.

I play with items turned on sometimes. I want matches to be fun and not fair. :p

Smiddle said:
MegaMario9910 said:
Free Loader said:
Xpike said:

I play with items turned on sometimes. I want matches to be fun and not fair. :p

especially since even at L9, some CPUs are too dumb to use items (Bumper ftw!)

Back