• Hell yeah

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • It's too glitchy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IT JUST FREAKING SUCKS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God, why would you want a god awful game to get a remake?

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

IceShadow1199

NOPE, THE PARASOL ISN'T A KIRBY IDEA I SWEAR
Banned User
Should it? It was the first game I ever completed and I would appreciate it if a remake was made...

I disagree, but there should be a new game based off of Super Mario Land

Gogeta said:
With Wario as the main villain

I would rather have Tatanga but I would be fine if that happened as well

Gogeta said:
That would take the spotlight away from Tatanga. Plus, Wario already played a "behind the scenes" type role in that game, when he hired Tatanga to seize control of Sarasaland in order to create a diversion that would give him enough time to take over Mario's castle.

To answer the topic question, I say yes. I would love that so much.

Gogeta said:
Tatanga would be cool too. I think if there's ever a SMG3, Tatanga can be the main villain

That would make so much sense cause

Super Mario Galaxy is on space

As awesome as I think that would be, I just can't see it happening. There hasn't been a single mainstream Mario platformer since the Super Mario Land series to feature someone other than Bowser as the main villain. It's quite a shame, though. It would be nice for them to do something different for a change, other than the same boring, repetitive princess-kidnapping plot.

Yup, I just... agree. I had enough of the princess-kidnapping plot. It's Mario, not a Medieval game. (And Bowser is more of a dragon-turtle since he can breath fire)

Solar Blaze said:
As awesome as I think that would be, I just can't see it happening. There hasn't been a single mainstream Mario platformer since the Super Mario Land series to feature someone other than Bowser as the main villain. It's quite a shame, though. It would be nice for them to do something different for a change, other than the same boring, repetitive princess-kidnapping plot.
I agree. NSMB2 and NSMBU give me the impression that Nintendo are afraid of doing much different with the 2D Mario series, I think they're aware of how popular SMB1, 3 and World are so they're intent on milking that popularity again and again by making games based off them, whilst being unwilling to take a risk by making a game based off the less hyped classic Mario games (SMB2 and the SML games). I think a lot of fans are now tired of the flagpole, the Koopa Kids, fighting Bowser and saving Peach, and now want something different. The first two NSMB games were an awesome nostalgia trip, but now that novelty has worn off, hence why the two upcoming NSMB games aren't exciting me that much. The SML games dared to be different, they knew they couldn't be as grand as the likes of SMB3, so instead that shook things up a bit in order to be memorable and unique games in their own right rather than scaled down versions of the console Marios. It probably would've been easier for Nintendo to make the Land games inferior copies of the NES Marios, but they took a risk by making them different, introducing new villains; locations; gameplay styles; and enemies, it would be great to see them do that again.

A remake of SML would be great, it would be awesome playing that game with 16 bit graphics or NSMB style 2.5D graphics, and with a few extra levels and features. A brand new game based off it would be amazing though.

Gogeta said:
Not a bad idea, SML may be too small a game to base an entire new game off, so a game based off both SML1 & 2 may be better. It's been suggested that Tatanga was merely one of Wario's pawns and he kidnapped Daisy just to distract Mario whilst Wario invaded his castle, hence why Tatanga reappears as a boss protecting one of the Golden Coins in SML2. Maybe in the new game build Tatanga up as the main villain as he kidnaps Daisy again, but then in the end have it turn out that it's Wario pulling the strings the whole time.

^I completely agree, although I still find myself liking NSMBU. NSMB2 just seems lazy to me. However, I wouldn't want Wario pulling the strings again. I would prefer Wario or Tatanga being the villain, that's my deal.

Back