NintendoLand

After looking at a few videos, I have to admit that some of these games look really fun, such as the Metroid one and the Pikmin one. I still wouldn't pay for this game as a standalone, but this definitely beats Wii Sports as a pack-in.

Fassad said:
Paying $50 for a game that's probably $59.99, plus a charging station, an extra 24GB of memory, and a console and controller stand is pretty much a steal.

I agree.

I think that Mario Chase has a lot of potential. You know, one of those games that you don't realize how long you are playing it. Luigi's Ghost Mansion also seems really fun, especially with 5 people. For the Yoshi's Fruit Cart, I'm really curious what this game will really be, along with the Octopus Dance. Donkey Kong's Crash Course looks kinda meh. I'd play it when I'm by myself, but it doesn't look that good. Battle Quest looks really fun, but I'm not sure if it will have a lot of replay value. Metroid Blast looks so cool and lots of fun with friends. Pikmin Adventure is unique, and I think it would be better if the Pikmin had their abilities. On a video, I saw that both blue and red could be in water. The Animal Crossing one looks so fun, and I could see the game taking longer than you'd think it be. Balloon Trip Breeze looks ok for single player but meh. Better than Donkey Kong but still meh. Takamaru's looks kinda cool.

Trailer:

Other gameplay footage:

Metroid Blast:

Pikmin Adventure

Balloon Trip Breeze

So yeah, this game is definitely an incentive for me to get the deluxe version of the WiiU. I believe I said this before, but I never had a problem with this game, and it looks pretty awesome. Maybe I can convince my family and friends to play it with me, because I really want to try out the multiplayer games.

After seeing all the games first hand, I have to say, Takamaru's Ninja Castle and Donkey Kong's Crash Course appear to be my favorites so far, and the "Octopus Dance" intrigues me the most.

OH THREE KAY

One of the final three games is an F-Zero game.

The others are a Yoshi game and a rhythm game.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=189127

press release said:
Captain Falcon’s Twister Race: In this single-player Attraction based on the F-Zero racing franchise, players get a top-down view of the track on the GamePad, which is held vertically and turned to steer the vehicle through a winding, twisting track, as they try to hit checkpoints before time runs out. Driving across dash plates can provide a quick burst of speed, while obstacles like speed spikes, whirlwinds, other vehicles and even bombs can make for a dangerous run.

and that's all i saw

there's also some yoshi and octopus-themed games, but WHO CARES

^Of course it'll be better than Wii Sports.

euan707 said:
So do we think it'll be better than Wii Sports?
Mabye. Solo yes. If my family do end up getting the Wii U then it might be harder to find incentive to play with them. My mum and dad aren't into games as much. On Wii Sports we all played because it was fun and keeping us fit. My sister will probably still play with me like she does on Mario Kart but the game looks much better with 4 players. Either way I still think the game looks really good.

ThreeThousand said:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=189127

press release said:
Captain Falcon’s Twister Race: In this single-player Attraction based on the F-Zero racing franchise, players get a top-down view of the track on the GamePad, which is held vertically and turned to steer the vehicle through a winding, twisting track, as they try to hit checkpoints before time runs out. Driving across dash plates can provide a quick burst of speed, while obstacles like speed spikes, whirlwinds, other vehicles and even bombs can make for a dangerous run.

and that's all i saw
*video*
there's also some yoshi and octopus-themed games, but WHO CARES

I've never properly played an F-Zero game (closest I've been is the small demo in SSBB, and the Microgame in Warioware, inc.) but this looks really fun.

Yoshidude99 said:
euan707 said:
So do we think it'll be better than Wii Sports?
Mabye. Solo yes. If my family do end up getting the Wii U then it might be harder to find incentive to play with them. My mum and dad aren't into games as much. On Wii Sports we all played because it was fun and keeping us fit. My sister will probably still play with me like she does on Mario Kart but the game looks much better with 4 players. Either way I still think the game looks really good.
This, only I don't have a sister, but a brother instead.

Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
Isn't NintendoLand an unofficial Nintendo announcement site?
I beleive so.

Yeah they may have to change their name.

NSY said:
Pokémon Trainer Nate said:
Isn't NintendoLand an unofficial Nintendo announcement site?
I beleive so.

Yeah they may have to change their name.
However, I checked it, and it glitched or something saying:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User nland2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

BACKTRACE

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 97
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/common.php
LINE: 112
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_connect()

FILE: [ROOT]/common_site.php
LINE: 2
CALL: include('[ROOT]/common.php')

FILE: [ROOT]/home.php
LINE: 8
CALL: include('[ROOT]/common_site.php')

In human language: They have Database problems.
In geek language: They'll need to repair their MySQL Database.

I saw the commercial on DisneyXD and it looks cool.

Probably won't get Wii U for a while but I'll get this game when we do

Back