Multiplayer: Competitive or Cooperative?

Alligators!

• Competitive

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Cooperative

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

Master Crash

The Dragon of the West
Chat Operator
Pretty straight to the point topic, when playing online or offline, do you prefer competitive or cooperative play?

It all depends on the game, but I've noticed most of the multiplayer games I enjoy are usually some form of co-op. I'm really not interested in competitive Team Fortress 2.

I never did like competition. I find finishing/solving a hard level/puzzle with a friend more satisfying than "pwning n00bs."

I prefer co-op. Not sure if it's to do with the fact I'm a bad loser or something but I just prefer it. I prefer team brawls on SSBB, coop on NSMBW, Team races on MK games, I also prefer Ligh v Dark over Free for all on KIU.

I'm a big competitive guy, so that's the way I roll.

Yoshiwaker likes to co-op though. I'm not sure if that's because he likes it or because he's afraid to face his totally wicked awesome older brother Javelin.

Competitive, but I don't mind teaming with another of my competitors to destroy other competitors.

Doesn't matter to me. Unless some asshole is trying to play competitively in a cooperative game, or some hippie is trying to play cooperatively in a competitive game.

It really depends on the game for me but I prefer Competitive a bit more. I don't like it when I lose because of a lousy teammate.

It's really hard to play cooperatively for me, because most the time when I play cooperatively I typically are more experienced at the game so I accidentally go ahead hoping the others will keep up with me, making the other players, say, die from the edge of the screen. I usually play online when I play any multiplayer, and most of those games only have a competitive mode (with the exception of S4E2, but the one time I did play online I we played through the first 4 levels and then got stuck on White Park Act 1 for the same reason I mentioned earlier).

So yeah, I prefer competitive.

Monobear said:
Competitive, but I don't mind teaming with another of my competitors to destroy other competitors.
^This as well, I don't have a problem with online MKW battles.

I like both really, co-op is really fun on story mode games like fable 2 and borderlands 2.

Competitive scene is also nice for pokemon and other fighting games like tekken, guilty gear, and darkstalkers.

Although I don't have a competitive personality, it is nice to have a good challenge.

I like both too, actually.

Co-op is good for games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii or other games, especially if you have to face a really annoying boss.

On the other hand, competitive mode/vs. mode is fun for Pokémon and games like that, or when you just want to jokingly screw your friends over in an epic battle.

Overall, I can't really pick a favorite.

Back