Those Mario titles for 3DS/WiiU being late?

Which four Mario game series should be release in the latter 2012 or first hald of 2013 spring ASAP?

• Total voters

Dorayaki

King Bowser
Honestly I think it's not a well-arranged schedule for Nintendo staff to make the second Super Mario mainstream game in the short time, before any other regular Mario spinoffs or subseries. Still, except Luigi Mansion 2 which is a surprise, we haven't seen other new original Mario title in 3DS actually (eg Super Peach in DS). I wonder if this schedule would be used again in WiiU and irritate more Mario fans.

Main series
Even though 2D platform games had been no news during the 64 and GC era, it revives now, but maybe "overrevive" too much. We have NSMBWii('09), Galaxy2('10), 3DLand('11) and NSMB2 / NSMBU ('12). Generally it's the titles we don't need more right now.
We have another new different mainstream game Luigi's Mansion 2 to be releaesed.

Spinoffs:
Kart is the most famous of all, but apparently they only release one in each console. I wonder if there are any news for arcade version?
Party is another case. We knew there were lots of parties in GC era, but the staff seemed to stop and rest in Wii era. Maybe we have to wait for Party 10 in 2015?
In the rest sport titles, Golf and Tennis had been released in 64 and GC, but during Wii and 3DS era we only get one Tennis Open, and not sure if they would make it in WiiU. Baseball and Football are apparently for only one home console.
For Olympics, it seems that SEGA and Nintendo want to make it every two years?

RPG
Not the most famous part of Mario titles, compared to Zelda who is famous for it. Paper series was actually a hit in home consoles, we don't know if the staff would simplify it like Sticker Star in 3DS in the future. There is also not news for Mario&Luigi series.

Subseries
DK series, after DK Country Returns in the end of 2010, we haven't heard any news. We actually had some games in GC, but in Wii and DS we don't have many DK games. And we don't know if Mario VS DK would have a new sequel.
Wario series, generally both Wario Land and Warioware titles give only one in each series recently. But we haven't heard new from DS/3DS consoles.

Actually the staff don't really think some games should be released for a period of time, but only one for one console. For example, we scarcely beat RPG stories too many times because we already got spoilers, and we need new stories in the same console. And for subseries, some subseries-only characters don't get too many appearances (JimmyT, Candy etc) because they have only one appearance in one console (unless they can be playable in Mario sport spinoffs).

Re: Those Mario titles for 3DS being late?

I would love it if retro studios made a Yoshi game. They added a huge amount of effort in Doley kong country returns and I would love to see a Yoshi game like that. But no babies.

YoshiGo99 said:
I would love it if retro studios made a Yoshi game. They added a huge amount of effort in Doley kong country returns and I would love to see a Yoshi game like that. But no babies.
I would like that, or for them to develop a Wario Land game. Both of these series need to be revived.

Dorayaki said:
Honestly I think it's not a well-arranged schedule for Nintendo staff to make the second Super Mario mainstream game in the short time, before any other regular Mario spinoffs or subseries. Still, except Luigi Mansion 2 which is a surprise, we haven't seen other new original Mario title in 3DS actually (eg Super Peach in DS). I wonder if this schedule would be used again in WiiU and irritate more Mario fans.

According to DS era (six years), I hope the second Mario mainstream game for 3DS can be released in 2015, and Tennis Open can be postponed to the next year because Kart 7 already released in this year.
Actually SM3DL is pretty original

I would love the new Wario Land game.
I'm not a big fan of the Made in Wario.

Minuette said:
I would love the new Wario Land game.
I'm not a big fan of the Made in Wario.
Well.... I think it's just late or early because they're recurring titles.

I'm not really sure that Game & Wario is a Warioware sequel?

I voted for the mainstream Donkey Kong and Wario games, as well as an original game. Although, I personally wouldn't mind seeing another Mario VS Donkey Kong title, just as long as they don't rehash the second game's formula for a third time. I'd like it if they were to go back to the gameplay style of the first one and Donkey Kong '94.

Solar Blaze said:
Although, I personally wouldn't mind seeing another Mario VS Donkey Kong title, just as long as they don't rehash the second game's formula for a third time. I'd like it if they were to go back to the gameplay style of the first one and Donkey Kong '94.
It's truly becoming another formula bug as that the staff want to continue the relationship between Pauline and the two heros without other present characters' engagement. However, it's good to explain the present relationship between DK and Mario, since DK is only a spinoff regular with "historical factors" and fans aren't familiar with DK.
The formula can be improved by letting Pauline participate in other spinoffs, and then making Mario and DK quarrel for other reasons or other characters.

I voted for Mario Party, it would be fun to see a 3DS version. I voted for Mario vs. DK, original, and RPGs as well.

I voted for:

*Mario Party (love it to death as long as it doesn't use Mario Party 9's formula)
*Mario Golf (after playing some Mario Golf N64, and after Camelot released Mario Tennis Open, I really want one)
*WarioWare (one for the 3DS would be a clever way to use the 3D)
*Original new game (so sick and tired of New Super Mario Bros. games)

Gummy said:
We absolutely need a new Yoshi game. It's been too long.
I don't mind, even though it's abit secondary as a prequel.

I'm up for an rpg, since sticker star wasn't much of one id like to see one.

Whether its m&l or a new one altogether sounds good.

Didn't enjoy bis that much so hopefully it fairs better this time around.

Another M&L would be awsome,An original platformer that is not NSMB needs to happen.

They need to do an M&L soon. They are the only series that makes Baby Mario a main character in dealing with a Yoshi game! Completely loved that concept for it of bringing the babies, which was Alphadream's idea, so I'm sure they won't let Nintendo change too much stuff like they did in the PM series.

Dorayaki said:
Gummy said:
We absolutely need a new Yoshi game. It's been too long.
I don't mind, even though it's abit secondary as a prequel.

You're responding to a post months old

anyway, M&L 4 would be cool.

Japanese people better not give the title four exclamation points

Mario & Luigi RPG 4!!!!

Joltik said:
I'm up for an rpg, since sticker star wasn't much of one id like to see one.

Whether its m&l or a new one altogether sounds good.
Didn't enjoy bis that much so hopefully it fairs better this time around.
I don't know the reason why the staff make the fourth Paper game simpler than old ones. It wouldn't be larger than a remake of Paper 64.

M&L seemed to fit in handhelds, but this time the staff chose to make a Paper 3DS. We don't know if there is really the possibility for new M&L, Unless in the next handheld Paper game Luigi can be playable and Fawful can be the boss.

I would LOVE a new M&L game for 3DS! I loved M&LBIS, so I want a 4th one as much as I want another Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I also love those original games, and WarioWare is nice. But I defiently want a new M&L.

I would love to see a new mainstream DK game, Mario Party, an RPG title, and a new original Mario game.

Back