What I hate about the SSB series

That has nothing to do with the SSB series as it is the competitive side of the game. Tiers are usually used in Tournaments that are hosted where people actually win cash for making it far. For normal players, tiers don't matter as much especially if you're using items. Though in some cases people might learn advanced moves and combos from strategies they read online.

supermariofan said:
Only 1 thing I hate about Brawl: The *bleep*ing tripping! :mad: I hope they get rid of that in the next one!

Either that, or make it so that you can only trip while on slippery terrain.

MnSG said:
supermariofan said:
Only 1 thing I hate about Brawl: The *bleep*ing tripping! :mad: I hope they get rid of that in the next one!

Either that, or make it so that you can only trip while on slippery terrain.
The only instances you should slip are that, and when you step on Diddy's banana peel.

Super Smash Bros. isn't the only series to have tier lists

Just saying

I'm not really a fan of tiers.

Speaking of which, I saw the newst one.

What the hell happened with Olimar and Ice Climbers?

Minuette said:
Speaking of which, I saw the newst one.

What the hell happened with Olimar and Ice Climbers?
What tier are they in?

Also, tiers were never said to be the truth. They are...

[quote author=SmashWiki]
In gaming, a tier list is a list that ranks all characters in order of their potential to win under tournament conditions, assuming equal skill on the part of each player, based on analysis of the metagame, among other factors. Tier lists are commonly made for fighting games that are played on the high competitive level, such as Mortal Kombat 9. Some games that aren't fighters, but have large character sets, such as the Pokémon series, can also have their own tier lists.

The metagame of each game in the Super Smash Bros. series encompasses all the currently known techniques and strategies that have proven useful during tournament matches, thus, the tier list for each game ranks and measures the expected competitive performance of every character, based upon analysis of these techniques and strategies. The most widely accepted tier lists in the English-speaking community are those produced by the Smash Back Room.

Individual matchups affect, but do not ultimately determine characters' tier list rankings. Often, a particular character will carry a supposed advantage over another character who ranks higher on the tier list — such a matchup is known as a counter. For example, Peach holds an advantageous matchup against Ice Climbers, but suffers from matchups poorer than the Ice Climbers' against nearly every other character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. While she can be considered a counter to the Ice Climbers, Peach is still ranked lower than the Ice Climbers on the tier list (due to poorer overall matchups, among other reasons). Thus, if two players at the top of the known metagame played a match with Peach and the Ice Climbers, the tier list alone could not predict the outcome of the match. Furthermore, tier lists do not rank characters relative to the numerical average of their matchup scores.
[/quote]

Oh, dammit, I thought their was a new 8th tier list, and Olimar had dropped drastically or something.

:-[

...I hate the Super Smash Bros. series mainly because they bore me. They play way too slow, and there is almost no single-player support ever. The only game that ever had some single-player support was Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and even that was abysmal.

I'd love a game that had a good single-player mode, a mode where you could go around and solve puzzles with fighting and stuff, but Smash as it is now? There's no way you can ever, ever get me to play that. Sorry, but no.

Smugleaf said:
Link said:
Some smashers

There are other Smashers?

On-topic, I support Tier Lists, but I think that they need to be less rigid. I.e., if players overuse Diddy in Brawl, he should move down a few tiers, while if someone discovers a strategy to win every time with Pit, he should move up a few.

The way it is right now, Pit will always be Tier D in Brawl, Mario will always be G, and Meta Knight will never be topped.

Meta Knight could possibly be outclassed by a winning strategy discovered for use on his tier rivals as in Olimar, Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers, and Snake.

Meta Knight is not that good IMO. All he does is spam. He's really only useful for me in SSE when I have a high jump to reach. I use mostly because I don't like the other multi jump characters.

Gogeta said:
Meta Knight is not that good IMO. All he does is spam. He's really only useful for me in SSE when I have a high jump to reach. I use mostly because I don't like the other multi jump characters.

You should have seen him competitively. No lag in some attacks, Mach Tornado has top priority, and he has tons of great recovery options. His down smash and side tilt combo are beastly.

>pikachu's meta knight's only even match
>go on wi-fi playing as pikachu
>find a meta knight user
>i win the match
>meta knight gets fucking pissed off

Back