New Super Mario Bros. U

Nabber said:
My father and I played the Boost mode challenges. Had a lot of fun in the short time we had until my mother booted us off because we were "selfish" for trying to use the TV for five minutes.

Wow dude, how selfish

I think I'll play this after Nintendo Land, since I've been watching commentaries of this game. I got sucked in because my favourite youtuber decided to play it.

Seems like this game is more of a challenge than other recent Mario games but I suppose that depends on how good the player is.

Yoshidude99 said:
Seems like this game is more of a challenge than other recent Mario games but I suppose that depends on how good the player is.
Yeah, although it was the magic of the fans who made this happen.

Yoshidude99 said:
I didn't really run into any major trouble, except getting the Star Coins.

Nabber said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I didn't really run into any major trouble, except getting the Star Coins.

arent most of them easier than the wii version though? Seems that way judging from an lp i watch.

But then again thats 4 players so hmm....

Well to be honest from just watching gameplay vids, nsmbu dont seem too bad, even though im sick of the ost, but it seems way more impressive than previous installments.

Joltik said:
Well to be honest from just watching gameplay vids, nsmbu dont seem too bad, even though im sick of the ost, but it seems way more impressive than previous installments.

It's much more impressive than New Super Mario Bros. 2

New Year Baby Luigi said:
Joltik said:

dude wario woods was better than that game.

Joltik said:
New Year Baby Luigi said:
Joltik said:

dude wario woods was better than that game.
Doubled.

Cinnamon Pi said:
Wait, this game is challenging as opposed to the recent Mario-titles we've got? Damn, now I really want a Wii U to test that...
Yes. The first time in a Mario game I have run out of time (with two players and finding all start coins)

New Super Mario said:
Cinnamon Pi said:
Wait, this game is challenging as opposed to the recent Mario-titles we've got? Damn, now I really want a Wii U to test that...
Yes. The first time in a Mario game I have run out of time (with two players and finding all start coins)

If the main story doesn't turn out to be challenging for you, then the Challenge mode will be a big surprise.

Christmas Crackin355 said:
New Super Mario said:
Cinnamon Pi said:

If the main story doesn't turn out to be challenging for you, then the Challenge mode will be a big surprise.
Does anyone know what prize you get for getting all the gold in Challenge mode?

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Christmas Crackin355 said:
New Super Mario said:
Cinnamon Pi said:

Does anyone know what prize you get for getting all the gold in Challenge mode?

No idea. Just bragging rights probably, which is fine since the reward is the gold medal itself.

Joltik said:
relying on reviews alone is dumb enough.

Alot of reviews stated that super mario sunshine was a disaster when it came out, same thing for yoshi's island.

So quite frankly, I don't depend on them, ever.

Pretty sure Yoshi's Island received universal critical praise upon release.

It did. Unless Joltik was talking about Yoshi's Island DS. That received poor reviews mainly because it was more of a remake than a sequel and it became unfairly difficult towards the end.

YoshiKong said:
It did. Unless Joltik was talking about Yoshi's Island DS. That received poor reviews mainly because it was more of a remake than a sequel and it became unfairly difficult towards the end.

I thought I just sucked at the game.

Legault said:
Joltik said:
relying on reviews alone is dumb enough.

Alot of reviews stated that super mario sunshine was a disaster when it came out, same thing for yoshi's island.

So quite frankly, I don't depend on them, ever.

Pretty sure Yoshi's Island received universal critical praise upon release.

I actually meant yoshi's story, woops.

Yeah, that one was criticized for being too easy. The fact that you only have to complete one level of the four in each chapter made it seem too easy, making it possible for players to complete it in one sitting. But personally, I think the reviewers have looked past the fact that there is so much more to complete than the main game (including finding the hidden Black and White Yoshis) ;)

YoshiKong said:
Yeah, that one was criticized for being too easy. The fact that you only have to complete one level of the four in each chapter made it seem too easy, making it possible for players to complete it in one sitting. But personally, I think the reviewers have looked past the fact that there is so much more to complete than the main game (including finding the hidden Black and White Yoshis) ;)

yes, i really liked the game though and felt like it had some cool level design. Not to mention adorable ost.

Probably one of the better n64 games.

YoshiKong said:

Don't forget the awful, awful music!

Back