New Super Mario Bros. U

I did the first world (which was disappointing short.) The levels themselves do seem a bit longer, though. I'm not too impressed by anything right now, as I'm just seeing more Mario levels that I'm used to. The level design overall is still better than NSMB2, though.

Challenge mode is a good addition, I hope they bring it back.

That Rush mode thing is fun too, I guess, though I'm not sure how much I'll keep playing that.

Legault said:
Several categories of challenges (IIRC, 5), including time trials, coin collecting, and "special" challenges such as the one previously mentioned about not running. If you even tap the dash button, the game kills you automatically.

That's ridiculous

Baby Luigi said:
Legault said:
Several categories of challenges (IIRC, 5), including time trials, coin collecting, and "special" challenges such as the one previously mentioned about not running. If you even tap the dash button, the game kills you automatically.

That's ridiculous

It's the best part of the game. Mario titles rarely cater to the hardcore, and this is right up my hardcore alley. :yoshi:

Watched world 1 gameplay.

After you beat the second level, a cutscene shows Princess Peaches Castle getting overtaken by Bowser.
You might keep getting a screen that says do you want to show other people your accomplishment.
After you defeat Lemmy, mario beats him up in the map

Like the content were getting here.

SuperNick3DLand said:
Watched world 1 gameplay.

After you beat the second level, a cutscene shows Princess Peaches Castle getting overtaken by Bowser.
You might keep getting a screen that says do you want to show other people your accomplishment.
After you defeat Lemmy, mario beats him up in the map

Like the content were getting here.
Yeah, there are a lot of cutscenes like that. I think they're supposed to build up the suspense but it doesn't really to a good job.
Show other people your accomplishments: these things are a nice addition, but sometimes I just don't really have anything to say, so more often than not I turn these down.
Beating up the Koopalings in the map: don't care for this, kinda wish it wasn't included.

I played 2 levels today.

Need to play more, but I'm so busy with Nintendo Land after school, I haven't even opened one of my other games yet.....

New Super Mario said:
Anyone else notice how Yellow Toad seems darker in this game? I mean, it looks more mustard color almost compared to the brighter color in NSMBW
Eh, must be the graphic changes. Bowser's darker as well.

Hey guys

Don't make a message like that when you see a spammer. Just quietly report it

Nabber said:
that's no fun

I know it isn't fun, but doing otherwise highly discouraged anyway.

I wonder when the DLC will come out for the game. I really liked the looks on a few of the DLC levels for NSMB2 but they weren't that great.

YoshiGo99 said:
I wonder when the DLC will come out for the game. I really liked the looks on a few of the DLC levels for NSMB2 but they weren't that great.

I'd be more curious as how good the dlc will be.

Since alot of dlc out othere is downright terrible, for all we know it may just get as good as palette changes.

I beat the whole first world.

Not sure if I should set my miiverse thing to "just friends" or "everyone".

I'll probably go with friends once I get some more.

Back