New Super Mario Bros. U

SuperNick3DLand said:
I have heard Superstar 9 might be more of a treat than a challenge, game still looks amazing.

I don't know what's a "treat" about farming for extra lives when you've probably maxed out your lives anyway. It's inexcusable and should be ridiculed by everyone.

Still a great game.

EDIT: I've been up all night playing the Challenge Mode, and it is wonderful. Very creative, and even the easier missions can be tricky, much less the nigh-impossible and hair-wrenching 5* ones.

Nabber said:
Beat the game 100 percent in one day? Do you even have anything else to do?
I never like beating games in a day.

Except for Spyro.

I prefer doing like 2 hours or so each day until I beat it or get stuck....

SuperNick3DLand said:
Why are there 3/21 reviews that give this game a 7/10 or less. It's G4, a guy with a stupid last name, and some Canadian website. They should be ashamed, anything less than a 7.5/10 I think is unreasonable. Seriously I think there are going to be a lot of people who UNDERRATE this game, I mean NSMB2 score is 78% and NSMBU is 82%, I swear if the average gets below NSMB2 average, the world WILL end.

G4 is dumb already

I guess these people grade a little more harshly on their grading scale, but it doesn't really mean they should be ashamed of themselves.

Unless their reviews are total BS

SuperNick3DLand said:
Brad Shoemaker is one of the worst reviewers I have ever seen, he needs to quit. NSMBU 6/10, Nintendo Land 8/10

Basing your opinion of him off of one score?

Just because you disagree with him with one score doesn't mean he "needs" to quit.

Legault said:
I believe it's 82 including the Superstar Road levels. Earlier number was a miscount I found.
Where are you getting 82 levels from, I'm getting 73 levels not including Toad Houses, Challenges, Enemy Courses, etc)

From GameFAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632934-new-super-mario-bros-u/64686788

Whether or not this is trustworthy is another thing. Haven't been bothered to count them myself. :yoshi:

Okay, so that Nabbit guy...does anyone else think Nabber when he appears? Every time I see him, I think of Nabber (obviously cause of close names). Also, the game is more SMW oriented, and is a ton better than the other NSMB's (didn't play 2 cause it looks stupid, and I refuse to buy/ask for it) and is definitely worth getting. I like the more variety there is in the game then the others, and the connected worlds.

Wii U said:
World 9-8 is insane hard and I beaten it

There are a couple Challenges that take the 9-8 level and make it absolutely ridiculous. One forces you to beat the level without running.

Basically I would give a score of 9/10 with all of the footage and facts I have seen. I played Super Mario World today and it still charms me though, Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World are still better no doubt in my mind. I'm comparing a "Perfect/Near Perfect game" to a "Great" game.

Legault said:
Wii U said:
World 9-8 is insane hard and I beaten it

There are a couple Challenges that take the 9-8 level and make it absolutely ridiculous. One forces you to beat the level without running.

Wow, I will try to get least bronze on all of them

Are these like time challenges or does the game restrict you from doing something (i.e. getting hit, not running, etc) to complete the challenge?

Gamefreak75 said:
Are these like time challenges or does the game restrict you from doing something (i.e. getting hit, not running, etc) to complete the challenge?

Several categories of challenges (IIRC, 5), including time trials, coin collecting, and "special" challenges such as the one previously mentioned about not running. If you even tap the dash button, the game kills you automatically.

Since my post got left on the old server. I downloaded this game today. Took forever, but I did.

Back