New Super Mario Bros. U

Ghost Nappa said:
Joltik said:
Ghost Nappa said:
I must say, I wish there were more new power ups. Seriously, only one new one? And while not new, I would've liked to see the Hammer Suit in this game.

Agreed, also frog suit.

Cape works too, I mean there is plenty of good options for power ups in the game, not sure why they don't use them much in newer games.
I can't see cape in this game because we already have flying squirrel Mario, which is similar. Frog suit would be good. This game needs a power up that helps in water

Good point, as it is pretty similar, although I guess im just fond of the older powerups. Also I'm also pretty glad the shell powerup isn't used much, that thing was horribly broken.

The Shell was literally the best power-up in NSMB and possibly the entire series.

Dusknoir said:
The Shell was literally the best power-up in NSMB and possibly the entire series.

Because it literally made most of the game stupidly easy(even though it was easy already, but it took it to another level), it was ridiculous if anything.

Ghost Nappa said:
I must say, I wish there were more new power ups. Seriously, only one new one? And while not new, I would've liked to see the Hammer Suit in this game.

Agree.

Lack of new power-ups is another reason I am not planning on purchasing this game

So this has an 84 Metacritic score, so I might pick it up. Edge's review said that the Bowser fight was the best one to date, and that it's one of the better Mario games.

SURPRISING World 8 News!

It's just another generic fire world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tux1HawsuNw&t=0m50s

Holy crap!

It's....mediocre, at best!

Legault said:
SURPRISING World 8 News!

It's just another generic fire world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tux1HawsuNw&t=0m50s
Don't know what you were expecting. Saw this coming a mile away.

If you saw this coming from a mile away then this game is too predictable. Which is bad.

Charlie Mulgrew said:
Ohhh a fire world how surprising..

But with Bowser's Castle redecoed as Peach's Castle! Oooooo

Baby Luigi said:
Charlie Mulgrew said:
Ohhh a fire world how surprising..

But with Bowser's Castle redecoed as Peach's Castle! Oooooo
At least it's something different. You see that tower attached to Peach's castle. I could see a battle taking place up there with Bowser ala SMW.

I agree with the level being in Peach's Castle is great, but that's only the few good parts of it.

Baby Luigi said:
I agree with the level being in Peach's Castle is great, but that's only the few good parts of it.

Spot-on. This is especially disappointing considering all that talk we heard of the last world being "innovative" and Nintendo "saving their best for last." Nonsense.

From what I've seen. World 8 is just one level. Peach's Castle. My guess is that there's either levels in there, or Peach's Castle is just one huge ass level.

Legault said:
Baby Luigi said:

Spot-on. This is especially disappointing considering all that talk we heard of the last world being "innovative" and Nintendo "saving their best for last." Nonsense.

Well, this is coming from a company who thinks the gold statue title screen reward is something worthy to get for collecting 1 million coins

Ghost Nappa said:
From what I've seen. World 8 is just one level. Peach's Castle. My guess is that there's either levels in there, or Peach's Castle is just one huge ass level.

No, it's only one level. Have you seen the stepping stones and road leading to it?

GameXplain said they'll be posting the final boss tonight. I am curious. Probably just another "Run away from giant bowser until you find a switch", but still, I want to know.

Ghost Nappa said:
GameXplain said they'll be posting the final boss tonight. I am curious. Probably just another "Run away from giant bowser until you find a switch", but still, I want to know.
Edge said it was really good, so maybe it's actually good for once.

Nabber said:
Ghost Nappa said:
Edge said it was really good, so maybe it's actually good for once.
How about Bowser riding in a Clown Car and throwing Mecha Koopas.

Back