New Super Mario Bros. U

Please have Chargin' Chucks and Rexes. So far the levels look good

I think NSMB2 was just to show a bad NSMB game while NSMBU is showing a good game

Smugleaf said:
- dozens of levels across one world map, like Super Mario World awesome
- map can be panned around and explored at any time ok
- game features an auto-scrolling, Boost Rush mode for more of a challenge Always love a good challenge.
- multiple branching paths that let you pick which way to go awesome
- this is much more than the tradition level choosing, which usually gives you only two paths to choose from wow
- Game Informer spotted 7 worlds: Acorn Plains, Sparkling Waters (tropical), Frosted Glacier, Layer Cake Desert (complete with melting desserts), areas similar to Forest of Illusion and Sky World and a world surround by a tornado those sound cool
- mid-world fortresses guarded by Boom-Boom meh, but I'll put up with it
- end-level castles guarded by Koopalings they better have different fighting styles, like in SMW
- Super Acorn power-up makes you a flying squirrel cool, always love a new power-up
- Bowser kidnaps Peach once again of course, what else would Mario's motivation be
I am not disappoint.

Nabber said:
Decently lengthened? It took me a week to play. That's pretty sad.
Yami did it in 2 days.
Or do you mean 100%-ing it?

Edit: I'd swear there were posts above me. They are moved while typing this.

I split and merged those posts with the New Super Mario Bros. 2 thread, so please continue the discussion there.

Nintendo should consider putting more effort into making the forts, towers, and castles this time. A lot of those courses were one area only, and/or were way too short; for NSMB2's World 3-Castle, you can quickly reach the boss door before the BGM loops with White Raccoon Mario.

MnSG said:
Nintendo should consider putting more effort into making the forts, towers, and castles this time. A lot of those courses were one area only, and/or were way too short; for NSMB2's World 3-Castle, you can quickly reach the boss door before the BGM loops with White Raccoon Mario.
I also don't like the idea of the vertical fortresses. It seems boring to me. I like the fortresses from SMW and SMB3 better

Nabber said:
Yeah, I asked Crash to split the discussion.

Or rather, I was ninja'd.

I think it's safe to say I do a horrible job of breaking the Asian stereotype.

I'm not sure how I feel about NSMBU at the moment, might pass on buying it.

Ever since Boom-Boom returned in 3D Land, I would think that people would want him back in a 2D platformer as well. Maybe Boom-Boom could operate in that he'll try to attack Mario directly, but if Mario jumps on him, Boom-Boom would withdraw into his shell and move back and forth for a while. Unlike with the Koopaling shells though, you can actually jump on Boom-Boom's shell (considering that it has no spikes now), even though it won't do anything.

After Boom-Boom is damaged twice, he'll become enraged, and you can only jump on him once he becomes exhausted; baiting him into ramming a wall could help.

I got to play NSMBU yesterday and it was pretty fun. Being the person with the Game Pad was great because I could choose to help people or make it harder on them. All in all, it was pretty fun. If you want to know more about something (controls, how the graphics look, levels, etc.) just ask.

likesorange said:
I got to play NSMBU yesterday and it was pretty fun. Being the person with the Game Pad was great because I could choose to help people or make it harder on them. All in all, it was pretty fun. If you want to know more about something (controls, how the graphics look, levels, etc.) just ask.
Do you think the game is harder than NSMBW?

Well, I have played the first level, I think it is the same to NSMBW 1-1

But NSMBU have more enemies on first level

YoshiGo99 said:
likesorange said:
Do you think the game is harder than NSMBW?

Course 2 and 3 were harder, the first one was about the same.

YoshiGo99 said:
Please have Chargin' Chucks and Rexes. So far the levels look good

I think NSMB2 was just to show a bad NSMB game while NSMBU is showing a good game

That would just be a waste of money, though I think its just more repetitive then bad.

How can you have states? :-\

Seriously: One thing worth nothing is that if you have the flying squirrel suit and shake to do the double jump thing, you float down slowly automatically, so it slows you down a lot.

You can't play the demos at any state though. If anything, you pretty much have to be in California, or else you're screwed.

Back