Mario can do everything sonic can do.. Almost..

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
Ive kinda been playing some sonic games recently then i thought if mario could do everything sonic can do... Well, yes. The only thing I THINK mario cant do is spin dash, or maybe he did that in that mario pinball game idk..

Ok so..

Sonic can run faster by boosting - Mario can run faster with the Turbo Nozzle
Sonic can home-attack - Mario can home-attack using a ground pound.
Sonic can ground pound - Mario can do the same
Sonic can turn invincible by gathering the chaos emerald and turning into super sonic - Mario gets a star and turns invincible.

Anyone knows anything else?

Im not sure if this counts but.

Sonic has a dark counterpart and was captured for them thinking shadow was him - Mario has a shadowy counterpart and was thrown in jail for the piantas think shadow mario was him.

If you take into account tools, either of them can do every single thing the other can if they just get their hands on the other's stuff. And the examples you gave aren't very good. Sonic can run fast even without boosting(which he doesn't use a tool for, by the way), ground pound doesn't home in on anything, when has Sonic ever ground pounded like Mario does?, and the last one is just tools. Every other Mario character can get a star and turn invincible and every other Sonic character can collect the Chaos Emeralds to turn super. Except Eggman, I guess.

Broly said:
Mario can't go Super Saiyan
Uniju said:
If you take into account tools, either of them can do every single thing the other can if they just get their hands on the other's stuff. And the examples you gave aren't very good. Sonic can run fast even without boosting(which he doesn't use a tool for, by the way), ground pound doesn't home in on anything, when has Sonic ever ground pounded like Mario does?, and the last one is just tools. Every other Mario character can get a star and turn invincible and every other Sonic character can collect the Chaos Emeralds to turn super. Except Eggman, I guess.

These things were just basic stuff I could remember. And he doesnt really like ground pound really but he does something that breaks stuff on the ground in Sonic Colors DS.

Broly said:
Mario can't go Super Saiyan

Super Mario..

Minuette said:
Boidoh said:
Sonic can run faster by boosting - Mario can run faster by holding down the B button.
Fixed.

NOT fixed.. It doesnt make sence.

MARIO RUNS BY HOLDING DOWN THE B BUTTON.. And in 64 DS im sure he runs by holding Y and in the 3D Home Console games he Runs by moving the control stick all the way...

SO MARIO DOES RUN FASTER BY USING THE ROCKET NOZZLE.. Mario RUNS by holding down said button or moving the control stick all the way.

Sonic runs normally at a similar pace as the Turbo Nozzle. Sonic boosting leaves the Turbo Nozzle in the dust. Sonic's Homing attack can home onto enemies in the air as well as the ground. And Super Sonic if there's no extra rings around lasts 50 seconds. The Starman only about 10.

Northern Verve said:
Sonic runs normally at a similar pace as the Turbo Nozzle. Sonic boosting leaves the Turbo Nozzle in the dust. Sonic's Homing attack can home onto enemies in the air as well as the ground. And Super Sonic if there's no extra rings around lasts 50 seconds. The Starman only about 10.
I agree, there's stuff Sonic can do that Mario can't, but hey, Sonic can't backflip or long jump!

Yoshidude99 said:
NSY said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Toad85 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Mario can't drift
Rennspiel-Mario-Kart-Wii-Drift-600x329-dced971fbd277a19.jpg
Without a Kart. At least Sonic can't flip into 3D.
Ever played Sonic Rush. I remember seeing him flip in that game.
Wasn't that with those spring things? I couldn't get past the first boss of Sonic Rush so I don't know much about it.
Proff Sonic can go into 3D:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=6Yj3G8Pg4DQ[/youtube]

Nah, Sonic still outpaces the Turbo nozzle.

And if Sonic was on equal terms, that is he had a turbo nozzle, then he would far outpace Mario.

Mario's advantage is his jumping power and his ability to upgrade himself with Fire Flowers and the like.

Back