Iron Man film series

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Talk about the Iron Man movies here.

Loved the first movie, as did everyone else. Pretty much THE popular Marvel movie that thrust Iron Man into the mainstream pop culture, as I see it (before this, he wasn't nearly as popular or well-known as other Marvel characters like Spider-Man, X-Men, or the Hulk, which ironically, was released the same year and didn't do NEARLY as good as Iron Man).

Iron Man 2 was also good, it continued the story and expanded the characters. Didn't exactly top the first movie, but was still good in it's own right.

Iron Man 3 will be released next year, and there's already some buzz on who will be in it. I won't say who, I'll just leave this link here... Be warned, view at your own discretion:
http://www.thesuperficial.com/iron-patriot-iron-man-3-set-photos-05-2012

What I find interesting is that Iron Patriot is Norman Osborn, aka the Green Goblin from Spider-Man. Since Sony still owns the movie-making rights to all Spider-Man characters and material, I don't know how this is going to work...

So, yeah, talk about these movies, and perhaps how they fit into the broader Marvel Cinematic universe.

The first one was great, but I haven't seen the second since the theaters and I don't remember it.

I haven't seen these, but I am curious. Has the Crimson Dynamo been a villain in either of the first two yet? If not, he needs to be one. Now.

(or I'd even settle with Titanium Man)

Wow, I had the exact same thoughts. However, it looks like
the Mandarin can also be in this movie. He's been teased in the first two for a while and I really hope this is the time we see him.

Red Barchetta said:
I haven't seen these, but I am curious. Has the Crimson Dynamo been a villain in either of the first two yet?

Not nominally, but Whiplash in 2 is supposed to be a mix of him and, uh, Whiplash.

Count Mario said:
Wow, I had the exact same thoughts. However, it looks like
the Mandarin can also be in this movie. He's been teased in the first two for a while and I really hope this is the time we see him.
It's being filmed in China, so yeah, the Mandarin will probably be in it.

Okay, so as it turns out, "Iron Patriot", or rather the costume that looks like Iron Patriot in that screenshot, is really just War Machine with a new paint job:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/8/iron-man-3-the-iron-patriot-is-actually-war-machine.html?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter

The Mandarin is confirmed to be a villain in Iron Man 3:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mandarin-Confirmed-Iron-Man-3-Villain-31931.html

He's pretty much Iron Man's arch-enemy, right? I'd say it's about time.

The first one was one of the best comic book movies ever; the second one was just so utterly irrelevant and pointless that I don't even remember most of it. It felt like such a cash-in.

Troy & Abed in the Morning said:
The first one was one of the best comic book movies ever; the second one was just so utterly irrelevant and pointless that I don't even remember most of it.
good cause i never saw the second one

The second movie isn't bad at all, in my book. In fact, it advances the story, which is more than you can say about most sequels these days. That's really what I was more interested in, even though the action, when it DOES get to it, was pretty good, too.

So, you guys asked for an Iron Man 3 trailer? Well, you're getting it anyway regardless of whether you asked or not.

I think Shotgun, Igor, Gemini, and Heartbreaker are my favorite suits, although in my opinion the Shotgun suit would look a lot better if it had some color. (Design-wise though, I think it's my favorite)

Back