Childhood Memories of Mario

Pyro

Power Star
I remember always calling Roto-Discs the "waffle thingies".

I remember I used to call Petey "Petty Piranha".

*Sigh* Memories of playing Double Dash, the first video game I ever played.

I remember that I used to call Petey "Petal Piranha", because that's how my friend said it was pronounce (he was a constant liar).

I had a friend that was a constant liar.

He told me terrible tales of the shitty fandom being known as Mewthree.

I also had a liar as a friend. When Mario Party 2 came out, he got it, and he told me that Plum from Mario Golf, Metal Mario, Baby Mario, and even Mario's parents were playable. Gosh, I was so gullible. I was just 8.

I'll never forget the day I unlocked the Eternal Star board in Mario Party, and how I beat the game after I completed the board. I felt so happy. It was the very first game I had cleared.

Also, the days I got my videogames... Those were some of the happiest days I've ever had:

Super Mario 64: Got it for Christmas in 1998 (came with Nintendo 64).
Mario Kart 64: My father bought it for me in February 1999.
Banjo-Kazooie: My father bought it for me in May 1999.
Mario Party: Got it on my seventh birthday (August 1999).
Mario Golf: Got it for Christmas in 1999.
Super Smash Bros.: Got it as a present for my First Communion in May 2000.
Pokémon Stadium: Got it for Children's Day in July 2000.
Mario Tennis: Got it for Christmas in 2000.
Paper Mario: Got it for my third-grade graduation in July 2001.
Mario Party 3: Got it for my tenth birthday in 2002 (it was the very first videogame I bought by myself).
Automobili Lamborghini: Got it the same day as Mario Party 3, but that one was bought by my father for himself.

I know you guys don't care about this, but I enjoyed remembering again those days while writing this :')

My friend told me that Mew was playable in Melee (he also said he was a clone of Mr. Game & Watch).

Mario 64 DS - I always remember going in Big Boo Battle and leaving King Boo laughing so i can pretend like theres a ghost. And the BIGGEST childhood memory is playing around in Sunshine Isles pretending I was in isle delfino.. Thats how i liked sunshine.

My first bosses I ever defeated:

Larry Koopa (Super Mario Bros 3)
Belcha (Donkey Kong Country 3)
Giant Robot (Mega Man X2)
Gabby Jay (Super Punch-Out!!)

Re:

Minuette said:

Then that means -

Big Bobomb, Peewee Piranha and Larry Koopa must be my first bosses i defeated not by emulator..

And... Should i repeat the title.

Megaman, Punchout = Mario.... What has the earth come to.

Well, if we're talking not emulator, then my first boss defeated was King Ijnek of the Goblins (Frogger's Adventures: Temple of the Frog).

Minuette said:
Well, if we're talking not emulator, then my first boss defeated was King Ijnek of the Goblins (Frogger's Adventures: Temple of the Frog).

WAIT!!!!!! I just froze from that sentence... Is the the guy where you have to go on the switches in order and he spits fire around...

That was mine too... but...

Boidoh said:
Minuette said:

And... Should i repeat the title.

Megaman, Punchout = Mario.... What has the earth come to.

Boidoh said:
Minuette said:

WAIT!!!!!! I just froze from that sentence... Is the the guy where you have to go on the switches in order and he spits fire around...
Eeyup.

Anyway, my first non-emulator Mario boss that I defeated I think was Petey Piranha.

I thought Bob-ombs were spelled, "Bomb-ombs"

Plus, Luigi was like my absolute favorite character when I was a little kid

Beating mario party cause I didn't even know you could, I just thought it was a casual game without any main objectives lol, so shocked when I saw the credits roll.
Chasing the bunny rabbit in SM64 for what felt like hours whilst listening to the hopping sound he/she made which grew more and more irritating.
Getting 100 extra lives after beating SM64 and thinking 'what are these for?'

I remember looking around the castle for the first time in SM64 at 5 yrs old and wondering what to do in the game, because I hadn't figured out you were supposed to jump in the paintings.

When I was 6 years old, I've got my first Game Console: N64.
I remember how I didn't understand the purpose of that game at all, but that was because the game was fully in English, and I didn't knew any English word at all, back when I was a 6 year old girl.

Awesome Koopa said:
I remember looking around the castle for the first time in SM64 at 5 yrs old and wondering what to do in the game, because I hadn't figured out you were supposed to jump in the paintings.
That's why I made sure to talk to Toad before doing anything.

Z-omb said:
Chasing the bunny rabbit in SM64 for what felt like hours whilst listening to the hopping sound he/she made which grew more and more irritating.
Oh, yeah. I remember that, too.

MIPS was so freakin fast and annoying!

>That's why I made sure to talk to Toad before doing anything.

That's easier said, for English-speaking countries.
In my case, reading what the Toads said was totally useless for me, until I became 10 years old, as schools here won't teach you any English, until your 6th Grade (most people are 10 years old, by then).

I'm still a child, but I remember beating Larry both times in NSMBWii. I also remember finally catching the key to the castle in SM64DS and yelling at the bunny for hours while chasing him. I used to get Luigi in SM64DS and I would just experiment around with the controls and do stunts.
Yes I know the first 2 are kind of stupid (The first 1 even more!) I just like saying it.

I had a liar as a friend (the reason we're not friends anymore is completely unrelated what I'm about to say) and he told me that characters like Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Diddy Kong, Baby Rosalina and Baby Yoshi could be unlocked in Mario Kart DS by using every character to get triple stars in every Grand Prix (that meant 384 Triple Star ranked Cups). He also said that Baby Yoshi would "sing" along to the Baby Park theme while playing as him ("Yo-shi yoshiyoshi yo-shi yo-shi!"). I was pretty gullible back then.

I remember playing Mario Kart 64 at my friends house a lot back when I was 6 years old. I always lost, I never really liked the Nintendo 64 controller.

SKmarioman said:
I had a liar as a friend (the reason we're not friends anymore is completely unrelated what I'm about to say) and he told me that characters like Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Diddy Kong, Baby Rosalina and Baby Yoshi could be unlocked in Mario Kart DS by using every character to get triple stars in every Grand Prix (that meant 384 Triple Star ranked Cups). He also said that Baby Yoshi would "sing" along to the Baby Park theme while playing as him ("Yo-shi yoshiyoshi yo-shi yo-shi!"). I was pretty gullible back then.

I remember playing Mario Kart 64 at my friends house a lot back when I was 6 years old. I always lost, I never really liked the Nintendo 64 controller.

But Rosalina didn't even exist when Mario Kart DS was released |:

Kids can tell you anything.
One even told me, that he was working for Team Rocket in Pokémon Gold.
In order to work for them, you'll need to find some kind of top secret place, battle 1.000 Team Rocket Members, and get a Magcargo.

I didn't believe him, though.

Back