Paper Mario Dream Team

Z-omb

Spiny
Since paper mario is coming out soon for the 3DS I thought it would be cool if we listed all the partners we would want in the game. Although some might not have a chance at all to be in the actual game it would be cool to see what everyone would want.

Mine are: Grand Goomba
Chargin Chuck
MagiKoopa
Whimp
Sledge Bro
Sumo Bro
Lakitu
Spiky Topman

Mine:

Yoshi (Allows you access to Flutter Jump across midair paths)
Boo (Makes you invisible)
Lakitu (Gives you a ride on its cloud over hazards)
Hammer Bro (Throws hammers at an optional upward angle to hit enemies, switches, etc. beyond reach)
Magikoopa (Uses its wand to reveal hidden items and passages)
Dry Bones (You can kick it in its shell to hit and retrieve objects)
Chain Chomp (Breaks unbreakable objects and extends with its chain allowing this usage across rows of objects simultaneously)
Toad (Tattles information on areas, enemies, and objects)

I think this team would be absolutely perfect for me.

In realistic concerns, I think the staff should put 2~3 main or minor existed characters to be Mario's temporary teammates. It would be unfair if only Luigi, Peach and Bowser had the chance.
Also please remember the example from Thousand-Year Door and Wii, I guess the staff would love to put some original species that respond to story needs, or it would be boring to see typical species only.

My example:
Mario
Toad
Daisy
Kamek
Goombella

original resident from Chain Chomp tribe
original resident from Hammer Bro tribe
original species character A (ex, snow fairy)
original species character B (ex, rock giant)

Mine:

Yoshi (flutter jump)
Toad (tattle)
Koopa (shell toss)
Luigi (high jump)

No i thought of Yoshi and Toad before reading Prof. Mario's post

In addition to my list, I will also add Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi as alternate characters. Luigi allows you to use the High Jump, Wario can use the Ground Pound, and Waluigi can lay bombs on the floor.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, only because I made a sprite sheet out of them that depicts them as partners to Mario.

Other characters I want
Dry Bones
Magikoopa
Hammer Bro.
Buzzy Beetle
Toad

I want completely new partners

Fine with anything as long as a Buzzy Beetle is on the team it's about time one of them becomes playable.

If there was a Paper Luigi game, Torque would make an excellent partner

Boidoh said:
There should also be the ability to change characters like in Super Paper Mario.

Mario
Luigi
Daisy

And my party members are:

Yoshi
Toad
A Pixl
Koopa Troopa
A Boo

I never thought about changing characters that would be awesome, maybe could they have a different team for each character and each team has its own strengths and weaknesses requiring you to switch between them.

Talking about Buzzy Beetle partners, I remember in Super Mario Momotaro that a Para-Beetle was Mario`s partner, that would be a good idea too.

Other characters I want:

Clubba (Brake hard objects *no blocks involved*
Luigi (high jump)
Duplighost
Boo (make you invisible)
Toad (No idea)
Paragoomba (I know there was already winged partners)
Spike Top
Whomp (first strike)

I'd like a Shy Guy as the Goombario of this game (Shym'n)

A Spike (Skips)
A Parabeetle (Perry)
A Boomerang Bro (Randy)
A Magikoopa (Maggs)

I don't have a dream team, but I'd like to see a Thwomp or a Whomp or one of those guys because those are some of my favourites and they've kind of evaded the spotlight for a while. Maybe because people don't think of them as much in the way of characters because they're just rocks. :(

Uniju said:
I don't have a dream team, but I'd like to see a Thwomp or a Whomp or one of those guys because those are some of my favourites and they've kind of evaded the spotlight for a while. Maybe because people don't think of them as much in the way of characters because they're just rocks. :(

I've always thought it would be awesome to have them, they could use the backstory in SM64 about how they have to build the Mushroom Kingdoms roads and all as the reason they turned to Bowser.
One only just missed out on my team! Their voices are awesome too!

BUMPY

I think I'll get a different team this time:

Flurrie or Vivian
Clubba
Dry Bones
Goombario or Goombella
Fly Guy
Whomp
Lakilester
Bobbery or Bombette

Ha ha, within 8 months the next Mario RPG after Sticker Star was revealed to actually be called "Dream Team".

Back