Black/Brown Pianta in Galaxy 2?

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
Please dont ban me for this, this isnt a racism topic :mad:

I was looking over the Pianta page on the mario wiki as always then i realized there was a black/brown pianta picture in front of the Starshine Beach galaxy Grand Pianta Statue.... I then went to that galaxy and never found the pianta... Can someone explaint that.

You either weren't looking hard enough or he appears in another level

Did you try another level? Some things may change in differing levels

I tried all.. Even the Prankster Comet to see if there were any piantas hiding...

As i said, I AM "100% Hardcore Grade A Pianta Finder"

I am also 100% Hardcore Pianta Fan..... As you can tell by the last 2-3 months of posting (which you obviously know) OR my signature.

It looks like the screenshot was taken with an emulator. It's possible it's just an orange Pianta and the lighting setting isn't identical to the Wii's original setting.

I swore I saw a brown Pianta like that in Super Mario Galaxy 2, though

The summary says it's orange, though.

Smg2pianta.png

Certainly looks brown to me. And I doubt lighting is the issue

Lighting is an issue. There's an orange Pianta standing in that exact spot in the galaxy (if it's not orange, it at least is a lighter tan color than the one shown in the image). I just checked.

If I can only check in MY emulator! I would then rip the textures and confirm if that's just an orange Pianta (by checking the textures that are ripped)

Do you want me to check the other missions to make sure this color of Pianta doesn't appear in those?

Please do

Just finished. There are no Piantas of that specific color anywhere, let alone in front of the statue depicted in the picture (the only one there is the orange-tan one).

That picture must have been a hack then

Yeah, there is. I'm guessing that the picture was taken using an emulator, and either the Pianta was hacked to give it that particular color or whoever emulated the game did a crappy job. Lighting doesn't make sense to me as an issue now that I think of it, since other Piantas would be discolored, and there's clearly a yellow one in the background.

What's so special about brown piantas hidden in galaxy 2? those were the chucksters, its not like theyd be new.

I think screenshot taking should be done via YouTube and not emulator. I think the Brown Pinta picture should be removed from the wiki.

New Super Yoshi said:
I think screenshot taking should be done via YouTube and not emulator. I think the Brown Pinta picture should be removed from the wiki.

Yeah what is/was it doing on the wiki if its clearly fake since no one ever found one in game.

The image has been reverted back to a previous revision.

I get a cookie right?

But it looks like someone reverted it from the picture of Dash Yoshi near a yellow pianta to the black/brown pianta.

(Reverted to version as of 07:15, 20 August 2010 Hack or Emulator )

Then someone reverted to the black pianta. (this was taken off the emulator)

The description is just so incorrect. An Orange Pianta And the Source is wrong.

Super Mario Galaxy

Back