Brave (Pixar Film)

RandomGuy

Earth Adept
Might as well set up the inveitable topic. :-\

I wanna see the movie but I'm sick of the 100 per day (exaggerating but still) damn commercials they play on Disney!!!

The trailer makes it look bad, but it's Pixar, so I'm sure it will turn out to be great.

That said, I have no idea why they're acting like having a rebellious princess as the main character is anything new or edgy, when in fact it's almost a cliche now.

I'll probably see the movie since I enjoyed all of Pixar's films

I saw the movie yesterday at the theater. It was funny and the ending made me cry a little!

Dang it, I can't wait to watch it, but I'm split between seeing the Hobbit or Brave

I watched it. I can say it's much better than Cars 2. Like all Pixar films, the visuals are pretty and stunning. The story is all right, I guess.

Baby Luigi said:
I watched it. I can say it's much better than Cars 2. Like all Pixar films, the visuals are pretty and stunning. The story is all right, I guess.
Anything is better than Cars 2. Anything

Regardless, Brave has become an instant Disney icon for me. (I'm actually one of the few people who group Pixar in with Disney, so don't correct me) It would definitely be epic in Kingdom Hearts, in my opinion.

Count Mario said:
Nabber said:
Majin Buu said:
Except for the fact that I can't really see any "real" villain
Not that I saw it. But stories don't need a villain.
I was just about to say this. Plenty of Disney movies have proven great without dastardly villains involved.

The antagonist of a story doesn't always have to be a physical manifestation of something that blocks your path. The antagonist could be yourself and the decisions made.

Count Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
I kinda liked Cars 2.

I dont plan on seeing this but my mom thinks it's cool

Perry the Platypus said:
Count Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
I kinda liked Cars 2.

I dont plan on seeing this but my mom thinks it's cool
Sorry, I meant compared to the usual awe-inspiring tales such as Toy Story or Monsters, Inc. I think it was kind of a decent movie, but was pretty poor compared tot he other movies, including Cars 1. That's just me though.

Speaking of Monsters Inc, who's planning to see Monsters University next year? I'm definitely going!

Count Mario said:
Speaking of Monsters Inc, who's planning to see Monsters University next year? I'm definitely going!

Me! I love all of Pixar's movies!

Count Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:

Regardless, Brave has become an instant Disney icon for me. (I'm actually one of the few people who group Pixar in with Disney, so don't correct me) It would definitely be epic in Kingdom Hearts, in my opinion.
No, anything is better than the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies

Majin Buu said:
Count Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:

No, anything is better than the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies
Hey! I like the Alvin and the Chipmunks movies! Of course, not as much as I used to...

Edit: Anyways, my favorite characters were the triplets! They were funny!

I want to see this movie, even though I wasn't never really that interested in the premise, nor did the lukewarm reception make me feel better about seeing it. Being Pixar, I assume that it's still good, and I want to watch it regardless, it's just that nothing about it seems to really appeal to me, nor does it seem like anything really "out-there" that Pixar's known for.

I DO feel kind of bad, though, that even though it's not good by Pixar standards, the fact that there are Pixar standards at all erks me a bit. You have to feel for Pixar, how people are expecting every movie they make to be BOTH a smash hit AND a great movie. Not just a decent movie or a good movie, but a GREAT movie. That's kind of nerve-wreaking, to me anyway. But, I think Pixar's had enough success backing it up to justify any shortcomings they might have...

Back