Brave (Pixar Film)

Gogeta said:
I just want to say, the hair in this movie is ridiculous. And that's coming from a DBZ fan.

Wonder how long it took for them to animate it?

Smashgoom202 said:
I want to see this movie, even though I wasn't never really that interested in the premise, nor did the lukewarm reception make me feel better about seeing it. Being Pixar, I assume that it's still good, and I want to watch it regardless, it's just that nothing about it seems to really appeal to me, nor does it seem like anything really "out-there" that Pixar's known for.

I DO feel kind of bad, though, that even though it's not good by Pixar standards, the fact that there are Pixar standards at all erks me a bit. You have to feel for Pixar, how people are expecting every movie they make to be BOTH a smash hit AND a great movie. Not just a decent movie or a good movie, but a GREAT movie. That's kind of nerve-wreaking, to me anyway. But, I think Pixar's had enough success backing it up to justify any shortcomings they might have...
Trust me, the movie is great!

So I saw this with my friend today.

I liked it, but I thought it was kinda flawed. It felt like it was really stretched for time when it didn't need to be, and a lot of characters felt underdeveloped. Probably because everyone was a supporting character except Merida, Elena, and the H kids.

Also it was surprising violent for a Pixar movie and then there was a lot of crude humor, too.

I thought the movie looked nice from the trailer (plus it had amazing 3D), but I couldn't even get through The Hobbit as a book. Plus I have a bunch of other stuff to watch first so I probably won't see it.

Nabber said:
I couldn't even get through The Hobbit as a book.

I remember getting about 3/4 of the way through before losing interest, then I tried reading The Fellowship of the Ring and barely made it to the third page. I think I just find Tolkien dull.

I tried reading the Hobbit twice and couldn't get through it either time. The first was on my own; the second was later that year, as I was reading books during lunch at school with a senior citizen. Only because he wanted to read it. It was pretty sad, I was the only one who went to the meetings.

You should check Amazon, they're bound to have a few copies. Anyway, my two cents.

I saw Brave, it was really wonderful. I think what irks people is that the story was so straightforward and modest, they expected more. As a few critics mentioned, they didn't realize that what was groundbreaking about it was the mother/daughter bond. Both of them learned from each other how to overcome their pride; Elinor wanting a marriage for Merida, Merida wanting freedom to choose whether she marries or not. People complain that Merida was spoiled, in that although she had one day when she could explore and do what she wanted, she still didn't want to go through with her mother's plans. Well, who would want to get married at 16-17?! I mean, I know it was natural back then given the life expectancy, but not everyone wanted to marry. What Merida wanted was freedom to choose when to marry, as well as who. The reason people didn't receive her as well as a character was that they think she's been done too many times. However, I ask you this: Has there been an animated film about a princess that could fight, and easily take care of herself in the wild? I mean, look at her. She knows how to hunt, find shelter and clean water, and she knows how to cook out in the open! Don't think many princesses we've seen know how to arch. Yes, there are many tough dames, but none are like Merida.

Back