Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

It's just a debate, there's no flaming going on.

Magikrazy said:
stop having fun mcmadness
That's not what I meant.

There should really be a debates thread, for everything serious and non-serious, tbh. We have a good sense of debating here, and I'm pretty sure no one would get hurt.
I think.

Stargazing said:
Magikrazy said:
stop having fun mcmadness
That's not what I meant.

There should really be a debates thread, for everything serious and non-serious, tbh. We have a good sense of debating here, and I'm pretty sure no one would get hurt.
I think.
I don't see the problem with debating in a thread where it's relevant. Make a debate thread if you want one, but it's not necessary.

Welp, if I weren't in my pissed of mood that whole conversation could of gone better. I still fail to see the reason to argue "just for fun", but it's probably because I prefer the happier sides of conversations.

Ahem, moving on...

Not sure how unpopular this idea is, but I really don't like the Koopalings in SSB4. Their models on Bowser Junior's just look weird, and the final smash completely kills it for me.

Stargazing said:
Not sure how unpopular this idea is, but I really don't like the Koopalings in SSB4. Their models on Bowser Junior's just look weird, and the final smash completely kills it for me.

I agree, and I'm pretty sure many others think their models look "off", especially Lemmy's. It is strange (though a bit cool) seeing the Koopalings transform into Shadow Mario. I'm still very happy that they're alts, though.

Da_Bob-omb said:
Stargazing said:

I agree, and I'm pretty sure many others think their models look "off", especially Lemmy's.

Agreed with both of these statements

How about a really unpopular one:

Nintendo should stop making Mario games for a few years (or maybe limit the amount of Mario games) so they can give other franchises the spotlight. 2015 seems like a start as no major Mario game's coming out.

Super Mario World's lack of power ups rather bothered me.

Stargazing said:

The thing that bothers me is they took time to made 7 koopalings alt costumes for Bowser Jr., and Lemmy even look weird because of his size. While, Peach didn't get a Daisy alt, who would make more sense than the koopalings because her and Peach have similar height, and requires less work to do.

the thing I can at least picture lemmy riding around in a clown car

I can't even imagine daisy pulling out toad or using turnips

Less weird than the Koopalings transforming as Shadow Mario for their final smash imo.
Plus who cares about that, Ganondorf, the lord of evil, the master of dark magic, is a clone of a space racer.

Semi-clone then. But my point was, Ganondorf as a clone/semi-clone of Falcon does not make any sense at all, but it's fine.

He was good in Melee at least, in Brawl he didn't even feel like the true Ganondorf because of how slow and bad he was. But that, it's another story.

Back