Toonami's back

Another week of Toonami gone by... STILL trying to catch up with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and once again didn't bother with Bleach or Ghost in the Shell, so...

Deadman Wonderland:
Okay, it's official, that squinty-eyed bastard is a sick monster. He's squealing with delight over the idea of kid going into shock and DYING. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?! Also, I knew Ganta would live, but seeing the fight pan out was interesting. I was thinking the "crow" guy was going to die, but he just ended up losing his eyeball... Which is probably MORE disturbing given that they actually show them digging into his face and retching it out! Ganta barfing was appropriate. Also, it seems that Shiro and Ganta have a history we don't know about yet... Also, I kind of like how Yo basically planned to ditch Shiro as a distraction, then completely FREAKED when he say her DESTROY a building and KILL everyone in there! I can't say I necessarily enjoy this series, but I'm still intrigued about what's going to happen.

Casshern Sins:
After 2 seemingly filler episodes, we finally get some more insight as to what happened... I like what's going through this girl's head, like she can't fathom the idea that this guy, who's clearly regretful and doesn't remember what he did, is the same person who mercilessly killed her sister and... You know, what's up with "the Sun called Moon, Luna". What the Hell does that even mean, anyway?! Also, Casshern still has problems controlling himself and that dog's still around, but for unknown reasons... Also, the thing with the shell, I kept yelling at the scream "SYMBOLISM!" Though not too loud since my parents were trying to go to sleep. Still more intrigued about this then the other show.

Cowboy Bebop:
I had no idea what the Hell was going on in this. Something about a virus, finding these pirates, Spike visiting a friend of his... You know, this show has a lot of atmosphere (ironic, since they're in space most of the time), most of the time we just see characters talking and interacting with one another, while other times, we're just kicking back and just taking in the visuals and stuff. Pretty cool, I must say... There were a few things that caught my attention, though: the CG space shuttle, the guy with a calm face saying "We're falling! FALLING!", Spike somehow keeping a cigarette in his mouth even though it's clearing hanging off his lip, and the use of an actual space shuttle, which might actually be a "Funny Aneurysm" Moment, since the actual space shuttle program has been shut down...

So yeah, not sure what to say about this week... I REALLY want to watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, or Hell, even Ghost in the Shell if I could, but I don't want to go into the middle of it blind!

One question: Do they still show Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo? That was literally the best show on Toonami.

Sayaka Maizono said:
One question: Do they still show Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo? That was literally the best show on Toonami.
Sadly, no. Part of me wished they continued the anime instead of stopping it right before an apparently big confrontation.

Smashgoom202 said:
Sayaka Maizono said:
Sadly, no. Part of me wished they continued the anime instead of stopping it right before an apparently big confrontation.
That unfortunately was due to the cancellation of the original japanese one. :<

at least the manga apparently continued on from there

Sayaka Maizono said:

"I HATE YOU ALL EXCEPT FOR NUMBER THREE!"

That's the extent of the dialogue I remember.

For some reason, I remember this line from Bobobo more than any other.

(Everyone except Bobobo is strapped to a bungee cord)

Bobobo: In the last episode, what was the town we travelled to?*
Jelly Jiggler: Maui! (The bungee cord lets go of him) Ahhhhh!
Gasser: Um, I don't know! (The bungee cord lets go of him) Ahhhhh!

*May or may not be paraphrased.

So I watched Toonami this past week... Once again, skipped over Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, and Fullmetal Alchemst: Brotherhood (soon...).

Rerun Sequence: I LOVE this sequence, mostly because it addresses the complaints about Toonami, and basically says "hey, we're doing this all for you". Yeah, so maybe be a little more grateful? Also, I didn't realize they were already showing reruns of shows on Toonami already... Then again, Cowboy Bebop HAS been on for a LONG time, and I haven't been watching the others shows, so maybe there's something I'm missing...

Deadman Wonderland:
I think this was the first episode I truly enjoyed! That girl, I forget her name, but she was such a delightful bitch. I was worried that the fact she's Yo's younger sister might complicate things, but it all turned out alright, in that she ruined it for herself by revealing she doesn't care about her brother or anyone for that matter. The best part was her backstory... And how she tried to call Ganta's loyalty to Yo into question, just for Ganta to shoot her down both times. Yeah, her mom was a bitch for rescuing her FLOWERS over her own daughter, and maybe Yo DID steal Ganta's "candy". But you know what? Yo was trying to RESCUE her, and here she's fully prepared to kill him FOR NO *bleep*ING REASON other than she's psychotic! Also, just because her mom was a bitch doesn't mean SHE can be one, even if it did *bleep* her up for life! Also, I think this is seriously the most swearing I EVER heard in an anime. Hell, even the previous episodes don't ad up to THIS much! I also like the behind-the-scenes action, as it turns out the glasses douche is taking orders from someone else... an old man who can't even move anymore, and he's apparently related to Shiro somehow... Kind of makes me look forward to the next episode, which is saying a lot. Also, that fat guy who's always hungry, I hope we see him again! XP

Casshern Sins:
Again, loving this series. That evil Casshern, Dio, he seems like an intriguing character. Plus now, there's hope for the world in this series... Casshern apparently can't "rust", nor can he really die, at least not easily, and if someone can find how or why that is, it can save the rest of the robots. Still, I don't trust Dio, as he intends to rule on high, so he doesn't seem to have the best morals... That pink-haired girl's motivations are also a bit backwards. She saved Casshern, but mostly because she wants to be the one to avenge her sister... But still, killing him WON'T stop the ruin, and now we have a good lead as to how to save the world! Friender was also pretty cool, too. Ringo and Odji (I think that's the guy's name) were also... just there, I guess. And that woman with Dio... More pieces of the puzzle that intrigues me.

Cowboy Bebop:
This has got to be my favorite episode yet, and it's something I've been wanting to talk about ever since I saw it! The main antagonist of this episode, who I'm going to call the "Roundy-Man" because of how round he is, was so freaking awesome! From the way he laughed, to the way he moves, to the weapons he had, to his outfit, everything about him I adored! He's so twisted and delighted to kill people in a way that kind of rubs off on you, probably because of his child-like mentality... Yeah, I couldn't really follow his backstory as much as I wanted to, but I got that he was part of an experiment that made him like a human weapon, and he freaks out when he sees or hears a cat for some reason... Spike casually confronting him at first, then deciding he has to face off against him or fear being hunted by him, even though he's badly injured. The amusement part was a great place for the fight, and that part where Spike confronts a mechanical dog... that's just creepy! But what's weird is that there's an even more disturbing scene at the end of the episode, and it actually had me feeling bad for the Roundy-Man. Spike manages to stab the Roundy-Man in the leg (somehow) and he actually starts crying... It goes to that child-like mentality I mentioned, which makes it almost heartbreaking to hear him call for his mommy before being crushed! It's like when I watched Saving Private Ryan, and a soldiers dying words were calling out to his mama. Sometimes we forget this, but even bad men love their mothers. It gives them a little more humanity, and it really gets to me... That final shot of the Roundy-Man rolling in pain crying for his mother was etched into my brain and lingered in my mind as I went to sleep that night... Definitely an episode I won't be forgetting about anytime soon.

FINALLY got around to doing this the day after! FYI, I won't be able to watch it next Saturday/Sunday. My family and I are going on a vacation, and I don't think they'll allow me to stay up that late if we're going to be sharing a considerably smaller house together...

So yeah, anyway, skipped over Bleach and Ghost in the Shell, as per usual...

Samurai 7 & Eureka 7 promo: lol, yeah, TOM knows how to pull off being a troll but not come off like a dick. Still, I remember my mom and sister saying stuff like "you can watch that show any time you want", like it was going to show reruns and such. I guess that's not how television works, I suppose. Deadman Wonderland's done, so it get's immediately bumped off, and in it's place are two new shows (for Toonami, anyway). Never heard of Samurai 7, but I've actually heard about Eureka 7 quite a bit, actually. I don't know anything about it, but it's been brought up a lot in quite a few anime discussions... BTW, from what I've heard from anime nerds, or "otakus", it's not pronounced "you-ree-ka", but the Japanese way, which is basically "e-u-re-ka" or something... Either way... One of them is going to play a 1:30? So it's going to replace Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? And just as I was starting to watch it along with the rest!

Deadman Wonderland:
So that's it. The end... All-in-all, it was kind of a crappy ending, because nothing was resolved. I looked up on Wikipedia that it's apparently based on a manga, which is still ongoing. I'd say I'd have another ongoing series of manga to collect if I wasn't already knee-deep in other manga I'm collecting, and if the manga wasn't on hiatus due to the manga-ka's pregnecy. Either way, if and when it does finish, THAT'S when I'll start collecting. Or who knows, maybe sooner, because after all, I DID only keep watching the series to see where it was going and how it would all get resolved. Anyway, about the episode itself, I knew the fact that Ganta didn't take any candy would come into play here. That monk is ****ed up, to the point where he can't be controlled anymore. I actually kind of like him... I also like how Nagi managed to regain his sanity... Too bad he was killed almost immediately afterward... But at least he died in peace... And he managed to stay alive just long enough to give Ganta some candy, even though he had a gaping hole in his stomach. So is the girl dead? Mockingbird killed her and she doesn't seem to have a purpose in this anime. Seriously, you might as well continue if you're going to include characters like this who don't do anything at first... But then again, given how violent and ****ed up it is, I don't blame them for discontinuing it... Also, I completely forgot the Red Man sung that song right before "he" murdered Ganta's friends... Boy, he's going to be ****ing pissed at Shiro when he finds out... So... Yeah, might start reading the manga now, wish they'd continue.

Casshern Sins:
I like how that the city was painted different colors depending on the ruler. I also like that Margo dude who's all about leaving his mark on the world. The arts ARE sacred, in that it's the one way people will be remembered in centuries to come. I really liked that about this episode. BTW, does Margo sound like Ganta to anyone else? Anyway, that Russian-looking dude is a prick, and so are the other guys who basically want to just sit back and die. If you want that, fine, why stop this artist from doing what he wants. All they can say in return is "SILENCE!" and attack. Bunch of dicks... Also, did that kid near the beginning grab Casshern's crotch? Weird. Also, what's the name of the last ruler, the one who had the city painted black? He was mentioned several times before and is pretty much the main antagonist of this series, I can tell. I've heard it several times, I just don't know how to spell his name... I'd look it up, but I don't want to be spoiled...

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
:
I REALLY liked this in the manga, finally Envy gets put in it's place! This is also the first time I saw Envy's "true" form in the anime, and it's... CG? Kind of off-putting. CG in anime always looks weird. Thing about Envy is, and I always say it whenever Envy talks about humans or brags or gets owned in anyway that he's a complete ****ing idiot... Maybe that's why
he hates himself so much and is envious of the humans.
I totally love Envy's REAL true form, and the voice that goes with it! So freaking adorable and hilarious to listen to! As for other things, even in the manga, I always found Marcoh's sudden reveal that he can destroy Philosopher's Stones to be kind of a cop-out, even though it WOULD make sense. You'd think he'd have done something like that sooner, but then again, he WAS kind of a pushover who did what he was told and Envy saying the men that worked under him were made into Philosopher's Stones was probably the final straw. May Chang was cute, Loki's scene was funny, as was the exchange between Major Armstrong and his sister, and while watching this particular anime, I always wondered what happened to the lizard-dude that didn't really have much of a part in the anime as opposed to the manga. The final scene before the credits was brilliantly dark and I liked the overall explanation of why you shouldn't make gold or human beings, according to the military officer, and I liked the FINAL final scene where Hohenhiem sees Alphonse...

Cowboy Bebop:
The TV was on mute and I was playing a game, and it took me a few seconds to realize there was no intro this time. I was also very tired so it was hard to pay attention... The gun fights were really intense and fun to watch... I feel like something happened before I started watching the series (episode 14 I believe) that I missed and I should really know it so I can know about Vicious and Julia. Spike's final farewell to Faye and Jet was nice I supposed... I wonder what those two are going to do without him? I didn't realize Spike lost an eye... A closer look at him really helps. Also, did that Native American dude have a PlayStation?! Well, whatever, the final fight with Vicious went by pretty quickly, and the ending was... pretty sad. After all that, Spike just took too much to go on... And then we see the credits for the first time, signifying that this really is the end... One last thing, the final quote instead of "See you later, space cowboy!" was "You're gonna carry that weight"... did I miss something? Does that quote have some kind of significance? Ah well, time to watch the series from the beginning!

Back