Toonami's back

Banjo said:
I only watched Toonami for Transformers: Armada.

Sue me.

I had the toys of Hotshot, Scavenger, and Cyclonus, good times.

The line-up Magikrazy posted looks pretty good. Glad to see this back again.

Toonami :D sigh sure brings back memories i use to watch dragon ball z there (turns to a super saiyan)

Broly said:
Remember when Super Saiyan actually meant something?
Yeah, during the Frieza Saga it was treated like this HUGE DEAL, like once-in-a-lifetime legendary thing... about 2 Sagas later, it's become such commonplace even little kids are able to pull it off without a hitch (which Vegeta lampshades).

Broly said:

I would argue that everything became less significant as the series progressed.

I remember watching a bunch of old shows on Toonami. One Piece, the three Dragon Balls, Naruto, Zatch Bell, Batman Beyond, and Justice League Unlimited.

Broly said:
Mario4Ever said:
Broly said:

I would argue that everything became less significant as the series progressed.
Especially Piccolo
Ah yes, poor poor Piccolo. :( (he's my favorite character, incidentally)

By the way, did I mention that an Unofficial Toonami Podcast website just launched a day ago?

Well an Unofficial Toonami Podcast website just launched a day ago:

http://toonamipodcast.com/

First episode will probably be this Monday, so stay tuned.

Smashgoom202 said:
I will personally strap down my friends and family to their chairs to see Toonami every weekend to keep it going as long as possible if necessary.
Only three more hours! I can't hold in the hype much longer!

I saw Toonami last night... mostly. See, I don't watch Bleach, and I'm actually watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood so I don't want to be spoiled by watching a new episode before I've gotten to that point. I wanted to keep watching it, but I was distracted by a video game I was playing just before then. So I switched back and forth between Toonami and the video game. I feel bad because I wanted to watch everything, but at least I watched most of it...

Here's my thoughts:

Bleach - Eh, don't know what's going on, don't really care... Maybe I'll get back into reading/watching Bleach so I'll know what's going on.

Deadman Wonderland - This anime is twisted... Not in the "Japan is weird" kind of way, but in just how cruel it seems. I guess I'm not used to watching shows this dark. Poor kid... I know his defense attorney was a bastard the MOMENT I saw that he's a constant smiler with his eyes always closed; it's the same kind of bullshit-spewing bastard that screws over everyone, all while keeping an obviously faux facade. Moments like when the kid nearly threw up over what happened really get to me and how this sort of thing would effect a kid like him... And it's because I'm not used to watching an anime with so many swear words thrown in. I kind of like it, but only because I'm intrigued about where it's going, and if this kid manages to clear his name, although at this point it seems unlikely...

Casshern Sins - I know about Casshern thanks to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, and while at first I was wondering where the dog was, I was immediately hooked by the overall design of the robots and the animation, although I feel like I was left in the dark about what's going on... Still, I managed to get the gist of it; something called the "ruin" is coming, the world is basically dead, there are more robots then humans, and apparently it's all Casshern's fault. That little girl was cute, though I have to admit I felt bad for her watching Casshern beat up that robot and tearing it's circuitry out like they were his guts and inners. Seriously, though, awesome first episode, IMO!

FMA:B, like I said, I didn't watch. Instead I just played my game. I also didn't watch Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG, because I assumed it wasn't a new series and wouldn't start on episode one, and I didn't want to watch ANOTHER show where I'm right in the middle of it (I prefer to start at the beginning), so I skipped that, too... but then I watched...

Cowboy Bebop - I never really got around to watching this show before, and I REALLY want to start watching it, because I've heard LOADS of good things about it! Unfortunately, it didn't start at the beginning, but I felt like it didn't matter, because I was still getting something awesome out of it. It felt like a series were, at first, episodes aired in inconsequential order before getting into heavy storyline stuff. I hope I'm right...

Absolution/TOM segments - Okay, I don't know if the ship is still called Absolution, but I noticed that SARA didn't show up. Probably because they couldn't get her voice actress... But whatever, hearing Steve Blum as TOM again, with new lines of dialogue, it's just so awesome... I even thought I heard him say "crap" at one point, it's so cool to hear someone I watched a lot growing up saying something like that! XD Oh, and the I Am Alive review, yeah, not much to say. I've heard about that game, but doesn't really sound like anything I'd be interested in.

All-in-all, a nice start, though I can understand why some people would be disappointed, without any of the iconic Toonami shows here... Still, I'd like to encourage people to keep watching it so eventually it DOES become the Toonami we all know and love! I know what I'll be doing next Saturday at midnight!

^EXACTLY HOW I FELT, EVERY WORD. I didn't watch Full Metal Alchemist though because I already love and watched the whole series before, so yeah. I will continue watching every weekend to help the show regain its former glory though! I'm hoping that we could at least give it enough of a budget to air enough shows o cover the ENTIRE Adult Swim block on Saturdays, instead of just after twelve.

I'm in love with Deadman Wonderland though. Its animes that are realistic and dark like this I just love such as Code Geass or Death Note. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses along with Casshern Sins and Cowboy Bebop.

Actually, One Piece isn't owned by anyone. Cartoon Network canceled it, and now it's just floating around watching to be grabbed up by a network.

Exactly. that's the main reason I want to watch Toonami so much as One Piece is my favorite anime. I'm personally sick of watching Japanese dubbed episodes of One Piece.

Professor Mario said:
They don't own the rights to air it anymore (Nicktoons currently has them), along with One Piece and Naruto.
Darn it. Maybe they'll give up the rights whern they finish GT

I can't wait for Toonami to show moues again though. Although that may seem a bit far off, that's one of the things I always loved the animated Batman, Bionicle, DBZ, Hellboy, Pokmon Superman, Avengers, Iron Man, etc. Now I have to go look for PutLocker links every time I want to go watch an animated movie.

The "Unofficial Toonami Podcast" airs it's first episode.

http://toonamipodcast.com/2012/05/29/episode-1-0-epic-return/

It basically goes over the news shows and old shows the guys on the podcast liked and would like to see return. Incidentally, this team also does the Unofficial One Piece Podcast so don't be surprised if they plug that a bit.

*bump* So, has anyone been watching Toonami for the past three weeks? What do you think of the new shows? Anyone liked TOM'S Diablo III review? I also feel like sharing this video:

Basically, this guy, Sketch, who I THINK is part of Cartoon Planet's staff and is a regular on the Unofficial Toonami Podcast, calls out this one dude who claims this Toonami is just "[adult swim] with a Toonami skin", all the while not realizing how much of a feat it is to see Toonami return at all, let alone getting Steve Blum to return as TOM for FREE (as in, he's not getting paid to do this) and making it happen with the cheap budget they have!

From what I can see on the thumbnail: Toonami will broadcast Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, and Ghost in the Shell.

Back