V2W: Forum's Choice III (Champion Celebration, Stats, Voter Awards, etc.)

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice III (Semifinals: Princess Luna Vs. Iroh)

Princess Luna: 4
Iroh: 8

I'm fine with either winning to be perfectly honest.

But pity vote anyway.

Princess Luna: 5

Princess Luna: 6

Princess Luna: 6
Iroh: 9

Princess Luna: 7
Iroh: 10

I'm not sure that there's anyone more deserving of winning this V2W.

Except for all of the Portal characters of course.

well there went any chances of the ultimate "never won anything" character winning

oh well

Princess Luna: 7
Iroh: 11

I'm thinking of maybe starting the Championship round right at Midnight today. Would you guys like that or do you think you'd prefer the extra day off? The reason I might not want to do a break is because so I could have more time to get all those Awards and Stats on Tuesday. Because I can't do so as much on Wednesday.

I'd prefer starting the championship at Midnight, actually.

May as well get it over with.

Re: V2W: Forum's Choice III (Championship: Metal Sonic Vs. Iroh)

It is now time for the grand finale for the 3rd time of Forum's Choice. Out of 120 characters these 2 came up on top and will challenge eachother for the crown that only Rainbow Dash and Proto Man have the rights to: A Forum's Choice Champion. Let's take a look at both of the competitor's journeys first though

METAL SONIC

Metal Sonic was placed into the game a highly wanted contestent in the returning Sonic series. Which in Forum's Choice II had an amazing start and then was almost completely wiped in the 2nd round. This was an attempt of making a better show overall in the game then they did last game and not just a flash-in-the-pan within the first 2 rounds. Metal Sonic actually had some trouble at first. Having an overtime with Cervantes De Leon of Soul Calibur. One more vote back in June 7th against Metal Sonic might have changed the path of the entire game. But on the following day Metal Sonic rose and defeated Cervantes by 3 votes. Bean the Dynamite, a rather obscure Sonic character was up next and went down quite easily to Chef Kawasaki which Metal Sonic funnily enough had to defeat in order to get here in the first place. Amy Rose was crushed in the first round against Captain Falcon who also went up in Metal Sonic's path here. Tails went against Black Shadow and lost in a close match and Knuckles on the same day defeated Pikachu. So only 2 characters from the Sonic series advanced to Round 2 which looks bad but it looks like both Metal Sonic and Knuckles came out pretty strong.

In Round 2, Knuckles crushed Curly Brace of Cave Story to get into Round 3 and Metal Sonic didn't have nearly as easy a matchup against Jigglypuff from not of Pokemon but of the Pokemon Anime. But Metal Sonic moved on by one vote and survived the tough matchup.

In Round 3, Metal Sonic was made to start off the very first day and defeated another Pokemon, Lucario. It was on the same day that Chef Kawasaki beat The Hulk. Who knew then that those 2 would eventually face eachother for the rights to be here? Knuckles meanwhile had a tough time going against Spider-Man going into Overtime before finally advancing to the fourth round by one vote on the last day of the round.

In Round 4, Metal Sonic came across Scout of Team Fortress 2. Actually turning out quite easier then the previous matches as Metal Sonic won by 3 votes. Knuckles however did not have the same fate as he went down to Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender by one vote. Leaving Metal Sonic as the last Sonic character left in the game.

In the Quarterfinals Metal Sonic came across one of the BYE winners: Captain Falcon. Perhaps it was because not many people paid attention on that day but Metal Sonic managed to knock out the ever popular Captain Falcon by only one vote and split with 9 people.

And it was all so recent of course but Metal Sonic challenged Chef Kawasaki for the rights to be here. Kawasaki seemingly had a following of "Give the chef the gold!" but a careless comment sunk any chances of Kawasaki trying again within the last 10 minutes and Metal Sonic advanced to the Championship. He's had his highs and lows in this tournament but whether he easily managed to get though the next round or just barely squeaked by, Metal Sonic earned his spot and he's ready to show what he's made of.

IROH

Iroh came into the game due to the nomination of popular Western Animation series Avatar: The Last Airbender. Thanks to the existence of Korra the orgiinal series got a lot more relevancy on the forums and had quite an amazing run. It's promised to even have the #1 spot of the game. However will it also boast of having the Champion? Anyway A:TLA's run began with perhaps a lucky break. Zuko defeated Phoenix Wright, the main character of a series that previously had a character make it to the finals by one vote. Aang however lost out to the Weighted Companion Cube from Portal but Toph easily defeated Luke Triton. Perhaps a big reason why Avatar: The Last Airbender is in first is because of the Double OT between Fawful and Sokka in the first round. Which led to an unfortunate defeat of Sokka but gained alot of points for the series. Iroh's first opponent was one of the Toucans which actually turned out to be a close match but Iroh advanced by one vote. As Toph, Iroh, and Zuko all advanced into Round 2

Zuko was up on the first day in Round 2 against Heat Man, he showed stronger support then when against Phoenix but still ending up close with him advancing by one vote. Iroh also had a tough matchup against Prince Fluff from Kirby but also advanced by one vote. Toph didn't have it any easier, beating Dr. Stewart of F-Zero by one vote. Round 2 was definitely more tough for the Avatar characters but they all made it out clean into Round 3.

Round 3 kinda turned out to be a break for them. Zuko beat Heavy of Team Fortress 2 by 4 votes. A much easier cushion then he had his past 2 matches and Iroh beat Aradia of Homestuck by 5 votes. And whether it's a lucky break or not Toph managed to beat Donkey Kong who was the last Mario representative. Once again it was all clean for Avatar.

Round 4 featured the return of the tough matches for the Avatar characters. Iroh narrowly beat Black Shadow of F-Zero and Zuko squeezed past Knuckles each by one vote. In a close affair Toph lost to Chef Kawasaki in a matchup that went down to the last 10 minutes. Zuko and Iroh earned spots among the Final 8.

However they had to go against eachother for the Quarterfinals. With Iroh sqeaaking past Zuko and heading one match away from the Championship.

Iroh's only character in his path from reaching the Finals was Princess Luna of the Perennial contending Friendship is Magic series. And in good time Iroh had defeated Luna by a few votes and is now set to face off with Metal Sonic for the Championship. Compared to Metal Sonic, Iroh had a much more difficult road here. Where the only matches where it wasn't decided by one vote was in Round 3 and in the Semifinals. All the rest were close-knit. Iroh has had it tough and even a little bit of luck but he earned every vote he got and it was just enough to get him all the way here. You can be assured though that with all the characters he beat on the way here, those characters didn't feel so bad as the wise firebender invited them for a nice cup of tea.

V2W: FORUM'S CHOICE III CHAMPIONSHIP

Sonicchannel_metal.png
VS
tumblr_m5v6rurrP01qekbm9.jpg

Metal Sonic: 0
Iroh: 0

Metal Sonic: 1
Iroh: 1

Metal Sonic: 2
Iroh: 2

Once again. I'm glad that this is the Final 2. I'll be happy either way. I'll be just a little more happier if Iroh won. But it's not like I'm going to cry into a corner if Metal Sonic does win.

Chef Kawasaki: 2

Metal Sonic: 2
Iroh: 3

Metal Sonic: 4
Iroh:4

Metal Sonic: 5
Iroh: 4

Metal Sonic: 6
Iroh: 5

After this game I think we should all settle down for some nice tea.

Back