Rayman Legends for Wii U

Smashgoom202 said:
Hell, what if you run out of ways to get Lucky Tickets and don't have all the Rayman Origins levels? I guess you're just screwed then... The fact that you can win Teensies through Lucky Tickets, though, has me very confused, since there's a counter on the upper right-hand corner of the screen, so what, does it go over if you win a Teensie and rescue all the Teensies in the game? Ah well... at the very least Ubisoft isn't selling Lucky Tickets for actual money.

I'm certain there's a failsafe or the Lucky Tickets are in a set order in order to prevent that from happening

And yes, I got all 700 Teenies; the Lucky Tickets are just part of the Teensies you rescue.

I was told that on another forum. So far, that truly seems to be the case.

I also just busted by balls on a really difficult "invaded" stage. I forget what it was, but in involved the enemies from Fiesta de los Muertos invading this sandy/desert level, which I THINK was in Teensies in Trouble. For, like, 30 tries, I could only get there just over 40 seconds before finally somehow making it in under that. I'm still not sure how I managed to do it.

Not sure if this is spoilers but...

There's a really tough invaded stage that involves Dark Rayman and it takes place in 20,000 Lums Under the Sea

Smashgoom202 said:
That's what people are saying... not only that, but it apparently outsold the original by 20% in it's first week!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-02-rayman-legends-outsells-origins-week-one-by-20-per-cent-in-uk-chart

That's really excellent news! I found it really depressing when I found out a nearly perfect game as Rayman Origins failed in sales so I'm glad people are hearing how good Rayman Legends really is!

Smashgoom202 said:
I also kind of which I knew more about Barbara and the other princesses you play as in this game, or that it was more clear if the Teensy dressed up as The Magician and/or Mr. Dark from the first game is really a ret-conned The Magician and/or Mr. Dark or just a rogue Teensy who happens to have been a big fan of their's... After all, there are Teensies dressed up like Rayman and Globox, so...

These Teensies are simply referred to as "Dark Teensies" and there are five of them so I think they're just random Teensies who are evil.

I played this game, and it's worth every buck of the $60 dollars I paid for. I also had to walk more than a mile to get to the store, and I ended up getting blisters and scabs on my heels, but it was worth it.

I'm a super-duper Mario fan, and I won't hesitate to say that Legends blows New Super Mario U out of the water and sends it to the moon.

Mario Party X said:
I played this game, and it's worth every buck of the $60 dollars I paid for. I also had to walk more than a mile to get to the store, and I ended up getting blisters and scabs on my heels, but it was worth it.

I'm a super-duper Mario fan, and I won't hesitate to say that Legends blows New Super Mario U out of the water and sends it to the moon.
And how! Though if anyone still somehow prefers Mario to this, that's fine. I just feel like there's a lot more passion and energy, as well as more interesting levels and boss fights to be had in this.

Smashgoom202 said:
I just feel like there's a lot more passion and energy, as well as more interesting levels and boss fights to be had in this.

Yeah, this game has plenty of charm and quirkyness, and it always makes me smile. I wish more developers would put more heart into their games. Especially the Mario games. The enemies and characters could use more personality and be less bland. Oh and the boss fights. Super awesome and they're very memorable.

Luchador is awesome. The entire boss fight was hilarious.

I don't know if I have a favorite. That's like saying if I like vanilla, rocky road, sherbet, cookie dough, and Neapolitan if I like all of them.

I just beat the 5 main worlds.
I don't know why I was expecting something OTHER then 5 "dark Teensies" stuck on that planet and that's that. I've yet to play the sixth world, though, so maybe there's more? Here's homing the next Rayman game, if there is one, has a slightly more interesting story. I'd prefer to see the return of the TRUE Mr. Dark!

Also, I can say with some certainty that I now hate the Invaded levels. They're always the most frustrating, and especially now that
the Dark Rayman levels are unlocked, it gets ESPECIALLY annoying, to the point where it becomes cheap. I didn't get too angry at this game at first because while it was hard, it was always clear what you were supposed to do and the challenge was to master it. With some of the new Invaded stages, specifically "Inflitraction Station", where you have to attack enemies in order to proceed and it's not exactly clear how you're supposed to go about fighting them in a timely matter, and since you're on a time limit, you can't think about how you're supposed to attack them. I guess it's a trial and error thing, but there's no way of knowing for sure if one method of attack is better then another, especially when you're constantly rushing and thus don't have time to think about it.

In fact, it's gotten so bad that this is the first time I'm actually going to look up help for the game; a video walkthrough of this stage is exactly what I need.

All the sixth world has is 8 bit renditions of the music levels

We had trouble on Invaded levels too, especially on Infiltration Station, but we went through that without a walk through.

So apparently my mum said that yes I will probably get this for christmas. I was talking to someone on the backloggery who had beaten the game anad they said it was still a 5 star game but mabye not quite as good as Origins. I'll probably still give it a 5 star rating but what about you guys?

I think this game took what Origins was (a 5 star game on its own) and vastly improved it. You get a plethora of new stuff to mess around with, not to mention that you get a lot of Origins levels in the game too. The boss fights are much more elaborate and you fight them earlier than in Origins. The music levels are awesome and the Murfy levels are very fun to play in. You also get more character costumes (with some console exclusive ones ala Ray Plumber and Glob Plumber) than just Teensies. Overall, I'd say Legends is much better than Origins, and that's a huge accomplishment considering Origins is a phenomenal game.

Yoshidude99 said:
So apparently my mum said that yes I will probably get this for christmas. I was talking to someone on the backloggery who had beaten the game anad they said it was still a 5 star game but mabye not quite as good as Origins. I'll probably still give it a 5 star rating but what about you guys?
I kind of have to admit, I also prefer Origins to this, though it's still really close! I'd probably give it a 4.5 stars.

Back