Movies that make you cry.

I usually don't cry during movies, but I just finished Schindler's List. If you don't cry during Schindler's List, you honestly have no soul.

Um...no. What kind of Disney movies we talkin' here? People don't die in disney movies. but dogs die left and right

Banjo said:
I usually don't cry during movies, but I just finished Schindler's List. If you don't cry during Schindler's List, you honestly have no soul.

Good movie. I didn't cry, though. Make of that what you will.

Anyway, movies don't normally make me cry. The last time one did was about four or five years ago, when I saw The Green Mile for the first time, and I've seen quite a few so-called "tearjerkers" since then.

I'm not really much of a crier, and it takes a lot to get me to cry.

But Toy Story 3 came close.

The end of All Quiet on the Western Front always brings a tear to my eye.

Magikrazy said:
What about every single goddamn Disney movie ever made?
Yeah, the Nostalgia Critic kinda has a point.

Let's count the sad scenes.

Bambi's mom dies
Simba's dad dies
Toy Story 3's ending
That one song from Alice in Wonderland
The Fox and the Hound. ALL OF IT.
Old Yeller's death.
Numerous scenes in Dumbo.
Quasimodo at the Feast of Fools.

Come on, everybody, help out!

Banjo said:

Oh god I remember watching that movie :'(

A related movie that moved me was The Boy in Striped Pajamas. It's a really sad movie

transformers 1-3, the american, and spider-man 3.

Because they're all terrible it makes me cry to think they even exist.

In all seriousness though, I've never cried in a movie.

Even in lotr or spider-man 1 which were pretty sad.

I've cried to more movies than I can count

The Iron Giant
West Side Story
Fiddler on the Roof*
Mary and Max
Marley and Me
Toy Story 3
Grave of the Fireflies

And many many more, but every time I watch Fiddler on the Roof or even think about it I get extremely sentimental and start to tear up. Mostly because of this scene. The film is a masterpiece and I suggest you all go watch it :3

Yoshidude99 said:
Bridge to Terabithia was close.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. That one started the waterworks. So that makes two movies I cried for. And whats the big deal with Toy Story 3? Andy leaves a bunch of creepy talking toys. You would think that would be an upgrade.

EDIT: And thanks for reminding me about Marley and Me, Guiliant. Three movies.

I just watched an Italian movie in Italian Class. I forgot the title, though I can probably look it up.

It was pretty damn sad.

Guiliant said:
I've cried to more movies than I can count

The Iron Giant
West Side Story
Fiddler on the Roof*
Mary and Max
Marley and Me
Toy Story 3
Grave of the Fireflies

And many many more, but every time I watch Fiddler on the Roof or even think about it I get extremely sentimental and start to tear up. Mostly because of this scene. The film is a masterpiece and I suggest you all go watch it :3
Tried watching it with my sister but it was too late to watch a three hour movie.
That said it had some pretty good songs.

I watched Jean de Florette and Manon in French class... not heart-breakingly sad, but it does get a little disheartening near the end.

Wait, did you watch Jean de Florette or Manon des sources (or both)?

Back