Movies that make you cry.

Toy Story 3 for sure :'( Even my sister thought they were going to die.

The muppets when Kermit performs, although I never seen the first
Movie I was still tearing a bit, my popcorn did get a bit soggy from that too

Mario4Ever said:
Wait, did you watch Jean de Florette or Manon des sources (or both)?

I watched both. You know, the first one was about the hunchback and the second one was about the hunchback's daughter.

Yeah, I know (good movies). I was confused since you said Jean de Florette and Manon.

Zae said:
transformers 1-3, the american, and spider-man 3.

Because they're all terrible it makes me cry to think they even exist.

Balls, I was gonna make that joke :(

I don't think there's been a movie that's brought me to tears.

There was this one Chinese film I watched called "To Live", to sum it up:

Tthe main character's daughter goes mute and partially deaf, their boy dies, and then the daughter dies during pregnancy.

Quite a cheery movie.

The Muppets, no doubt about it. The scene where the cast sung "Rainbow Connection" made me cry a lot for some reason, and the scene where Kermit sings "Pictures in My Head" (I THINK it was that song) also made me cry a bit.

pokémon the 1st movie.

also pokémon the 5th movie.

the part where latios... *spoilers* made me cry.

^ Hey, I was gonna say those.

I remember watching this movie in school where a kid suffers a heart attack but the hospital refuses to give him a transplant because his parents don't have the right insurance or something so his Dad holds the hospital hostage. It end on a slightly happy note since the kid does get a transplant although the Dad has to spend some jail time.

Another one I saw in History class. During the civil war, a teenage boy enlists in the military and one of the enemy soldiers is about to shoot him only for his younger brother to make a heroic sacrafice. The enlisted boy does end up getting shot later on.

In terms of animated movies, saddest part of Phineas and Ferb: Across The Second Dimension.

Toad85 said:
I just watched an Italian movie in Italian Class. I forgot the title, though I can probably look it up.

It was pretty damn sad.
Found the title. It's called "Life is Beautiful," and it won an Oscar.

Dr. Javelin said:
Zae said:
Even in lotr
oh man

Gandalf, Boromir, Haldir, and Theoden still get to me.

STILL

(not so much haldir, he was rather minor, but still)

First time seeing Gandalf drop was a serious mind blower, then the hobbits really get emotional over it and yeah, it just hits the heart pretty hard.

Although when Frodo sees him again its amazingly heart warming. ffffuuuu

Banjo said:
Magikrazy said:
Banjo said:
WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE AND TOY STORY 3!?!?!?
Have you even seen it?

Yes and at the end the toys go to a happy home where they can continue to be loved.

Not too sad.

I guess its more on the fact that Woody's owner was pretty emotional about leaving his favorite toys for the first time.

Another part would be where they're all holding hands and expect to be burned alive.

It was touching atleast, but not sure I'd go for the saddest moments ever.

UltraMario said:
Toy Story 3, Pokémon the 1st movie, and The Lion King.
I actually thought that the Lion King was a little bit sad, but it wasn't that sad. Plus, Simba got over his father's death

Joey Wheeler said:
I remember watching this movie in school where a kid suffers a heart attack but the hospital refuses to give him a transplant because his parents don't have the right insurance or something so his Dad holds the hospital hostage. It end on a slightly happy note since the kid does get a transplant although the Dad has to spend some jail time.
John Q?

Toad85 said:
Magikrazy said:
What about every single goddamn Disney movie ever made?
Yeah, the Nostalgia Critic kinda has a point.

Let's count the sad scenes.

Bambi's mom dies
Simba's dad dies
Toy Story 3's ending
That one song from Alice in Wonderland
The Fox and the Hound. ALL OF IT.
Old Yeller's death.
Numerous scenes in Dumbo.
Quasimodo at the Feast of Fools.

Come on, everybody, help out!
Well let's see, Monsters, Inc. when Sully and Mike said goodbye to Boo, The Incredibles when Mr. Incredible thought his family died, WALL-E when he got damaged and rebooted, Up during the opening "Married Life" sequence, One Hundred and One Dalmatians when the puppies were stolen, The Muppets during the songs "Pictures in my Head" and "Am I a Man or a Muppet", Hercules when Meg died, Robin Hood when the townspeople get imprisoned, Finding Nemo when Marlin's wife and most of his kids are killed by a barracuda, The Nightmare Before Christmas when Jack gets shot down on Christmas, and The Jungle Book when Baloo is presumed dead.

Wow, I just realized how much of a Disney geek I really am. And I haven't watched any Disney movies in a couple of months actually. (Looking forward to Brave though!)

For some reason though, I just can't cry at movies, only personal stuff. It's not that I don't get sad, because trust me, these movies put a wrench in my heart. Its just that for some reason, I just only cry at things that happen in real life, sometimes problems so insignificant. Even when I want to cry at these movies, I just can't. I guess my heart is twisted like that, I suppose. But yeah, these moments are pretty sad.

Back