Status
Not open for further replies.
^Phoenix blocked him.

Hobbes said:
Maharaja said:
YoshiKong said:
^Phoenix blocked him.

That guy might come back.
There's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Yeah I know, but I was just kind of alerting the admins about it. I guess than guy doesn't pose a real threat, he's just plain annoying :P

Lately, several IP's have been spamming pages with random Russian phrases (example; ☭* CCCP) and sometimes they even curse out admins. I already told Porple about this, but I'm almost certain it's the same guy, he just keeps on changing his IP.
I hope it's not a repeat of Willy...

why the fuck would it be a repeat of willy you know the troll that stopped trolling like 6 years ago

also he can't be range blocked because his ip's don't follow a pattern they are just random ip's

All of the IP's came from Montréal, Canada. Would it be possible to block an area or reigon

even if we could would it really be necessary to block an entire city just to take out a fairy harmless ip troll I mean there are fucking 1.65 million people in that city so do you really want to block everyone in that city because an ip decided to fuck with the wiki

Then could you put the communism phrases that user keeps vandalizing with on a blacklist?

I'm sure that's his/her only goal

and shoey I just realized Greedisaster lives in Montreal why the *bleep* did I suggest that

I like the idea of just waiting for him to get bored also there are a lot of communist phrases and are we going to ban the word mother?

Johnny Bravo said:
I like the idea of just waiting for him to get bored also there are a lot of communist phrases and are we going to ban the word mother?

no I meant just the hammer and sickle

and perhaps CCCP

Time Turner said:
Maharaja said:
All of the IP's came from Montréal, Canada. Would it be possible to block an area or reigon
why the *bleep* do you think this is a good idea

i mean

really

Dude it's not like my goal in life is to get your city blocked

Anyways is the blacklisting idea being considered

Maharaja said:
I don't think it's really necessary. Those procedures should only be taken the more serious and persistent vandals. We'll just block the IPs as they appear: it's under control.

The discussion about Blocking an entire City/Province/Region/County/State/Country/Nation/Continent/etc. has already been made a while back, and it's obviously a "No.".

He's up to his last warning. And there's me, MeritC and M4E online at the moment so we've got it covered.

EDIT: aaand he's blocked.

Well, back in 2008, I had to Ban around 500-600 Spambots in 1 hour on CW-Games, that was terrible!

YoshiKong said:
Maharaja said:
I don't think it's really necessary. Those procedures should only be taken the more serious and persistent vandals. We'll just block the IPs as they appear: it's under control.

But who else uses the communist symbol in actual text?

That doesn't matter. Blacklisting the symbol is not a major concern which requires our attention at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back