Worst Videogame Ending

B

Blitzwing

Most of the times, VG ending sucks. They may end on a lame cliff-hanger, only have a "YAY YOU WON"-style text, or simply doesn't makes sense. But the question is: Which is the worst?

For this dubious title, I nominate the ending of "Contra: Legacy of War". Watch and be confused.

Aw. SPM's ending made Uni cry.

Probably SMB. WE HAVE ANOTHER QUEST FOR YOU! W...T...F...

Castlevania.

LOL, beat the hardest game ever and see the credits! Yay!

Oh, and Battletoad's SUCKED. So you beat the hardest game ever. WE EXPECT MORE THAN TO JUST SEE THREE SCREENS OF THE DARK QUEEN FLYING AWAY!

Uniju said:
SiFi said:

ROFLMAO, anything but. The ending was the worst show of cheesiness and power-of-love-and-friendship stuff I've ever seen.

SPM had an awesome ending. It was there to show that no matter how strong you are, the power of love is always stronger.

King Boo said:
Uniju said:
SiFi said:

ROFLMAO, anything but. The ending was the worst show of cheesiness and power-of-love-and-friendship stuff I've ever seen.

SPM had an awesome ending. It was there to show that no matter how strong you are, the power of love is always stronger.

That's a cheesy thing to say, very cheesy.

On-Topic: The Ending of Ghostbuster on the NES deffinately deserve a mention.

"Conglatulation! (sic)​

You completed a great game! And prooved (sic) the justice of our culture! Go rest in peaces our heroes!"

1337Yoshi said:
SMG's ending. It can be summed up as "All the Lumas commit suicide and Mario takes a nap".

At the end of SMG, the entire universe was destroyed, and every character in the Marioverse died. Then Rosalina recreated the universe, and brought everyone back to life.

Okay, in other words, "All the Lumas explode the universe, Rosalina grows 50 feet tall, and Mario takes a nap."

The SMG ending was awesome, what the heck!? :posh:

...As for the real worst one...out of all the games I've beaten, for now, I'll have to say...uhhh... ??? I have no idea, really.

:eek: Maybe...no...urrr....I'll go with Super Mario Bros.

5 Words. Mario. &. Luigi. Superstar. Saga you see :mario:, :luigi:, :peach:, :toad:sworth and :bowser: flying off and u see :yoshi:s watching a movie based on it ???

KingMario said:
5 Words. Mario. &. Luigi. Superstar. Saga you see :mario:, :luigi:, :peach:, :toad:sworth and :bowser: flying off and u see :yoshi:s watching a movie based on it ???
Duh, the whole game is just a movie, so your hours of time spent on the game were pointless!

8210.jpg

Seconds game was much better

wtf

I changed my mind. SMB2. Although not as WTF, it was still lame. The only good part was the music.

Super Mario Galaxy's ending was underwhelming and anti-climatic. The ending was decent by itself, but after playing through such an epic and huge game, I expected Bowser's plan to be a little more interesting, and the whole "Everyone dies, new universe is created, Bowser is nice now" thing sucked. And will create a plothole fatter than Wario when the inevitable fourth 3D main series Mario game arrives.

Snack said:
Super Mario Galaxy's ending was underwhelming and anti-climatic. The ending was decent by itself, but after playing through such an epic and huge game, I expected Bowser's plan to be a little more interesting, and the whole "Everyone dies, new universe is created, Bowser is nice now" thing sucked. And will create a plothole fatter than Wario when the inevitable fourth 3D main series Mario game arrives.
Correction. It has created a plothole fatter than gourmet guy when MPDS arrived.

I stand corrected. Mario DDR had the worst ending ever. All the lava in Bowser's castle turns into water, everything turns into something like a Disney movie, and everyone starts doing some kinda retarded dance.

1337Yoshi said:
I stand corrected. Mario DDR had the worst ending ever. All the lava in Bowser's castle turns into water, everything turns into something like a Disney movie, and everyone starts doing some kinda retarded dance.

What, the, hell.

Then again, Mario DDR was pretty much bats**t insae from start to fnish.

SMG's ending was worse than SPM's.
I'd go with MKSC. You see your character driving around the track and losing by far. Meanwhile the camera is surrounding him. How great.

PaperStriker said:
I'd go with MKSC. You see your character driving around the track and losing by far. Meanwhile the camera is surrounding him. How great.

The ending for MKDS is the same. It's all really pointless.

Blitzwing said:
PaperStriker said:

The ending for MKDS is the same. It's all really pointless.
It has better music.

King Boo said:

Ugh. We got enough of that in Star Wars 3.

"MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A RIVER OF LOVEY LOVE. LOVE."

I kinda like endings of games like SMW/SM64/NSMB. Good music and an overview about the different levels/worlds/enemies in the game.

Back