The next new Mario and Luigi!

How would Mario and Luigi 4 be like? Did Fawful actually fake his death? Bowser dies in almost every Mario game, but look! He's right here! :bowser:

SuperPaperFan said:
How would Mario and Luigi 4 be like? Did Fawful actually fake his death? Bowser dies in almost every Mario game, but look! He's right here! :bowser:
That is a totally false statement.

The longest we've ever had to wait for a new mario and luigi was around 4 years, it has been 2 and 1/2 since the last one so I'm guessing soon will be new! I think they should make a new villain. I simply MUST hand it to the Mario RPGs, they have had Mario fight someone other than Bowser (except Paper Mario)

I wouldn´t keep my hopes up, if anything because I´m used to Nintendo sticking to the most barebones formulas possible. In other words, I wouldn´t count on them keeping a sub series of a sub series of a sub series of a series (Mario & Luigi> Mario RPGs > Mario spinoffs > Mario series as a whole). Especially with Paper Mario 3ds coming.

Also, while I know how Nintendo does things, I can´t help but feel that the next Mario & Luigi game (if it ever exists) MUST have Wario and Waluigi as playable along Mario & Luigi, and if it gets made, I know Nintendo is NOT going to do it despite it´s blatanly obvious that the Warios should be on it, because they keep neglecting Waluigi for god knows what reason.

Seriously, think of the times the pattern is repeated in the franchise: 4 player games, color codes for the 4 players that match the 4 plumbers, 4 shell colors... the "red, green, yellow, blue/purple" pattern is repeated in almost every Mario game. Yet Waluigi (and soemtimes Wario) is continously excluded

I'm worried that the series have a minor position in Nintendo's schudule. M&L is inferior to Wario/DK series for independent characters or stories, and it has to compete with another RPG Paper series. If they can't improve their progress, there is hardly M&L's turn coming.

In the view of Mario series, I wonder if Fawful would only be the M&L-only antagonist, or can be a recurring character in other games. If the staff don't think so, they would have to make new antagonists and characters in the next M&L like Paper series do.

Easmo said:
I can´t help but feel that the next Mario & Luigi game (if it ever exists) MUST have Wario and Waluigi as playable.
Despite or in a view of that "most" Mario characters have their problems in their appearances of Mario series (RPG and main games), are there specific reasons for Wario bros' turn as players in the next round?

In the story background, usually Peach is the target of the player (if she's not another player), Warios bros aren't voluntary to help her or Mario bros in general situations. I don't say they never do (like Bowser's Inside case), yet they have to solve their own Wario series before other participations with Mario bros.

I definitely agree with the idea that Waluigi and Wario should be playable in the next Mario & Luigi game.

Come on, Partners in Time was the second game, so you get doubles (Baby Mario Bros.). Inside Story, third game, third party member. So this game, you should have four separate party members and Waluigi and Wario fit the bill perfectly.

Baby Luigi said:
I definitely agree with the idea that Waluigi and Wario should be playable in the next Mario & Luigi game.
Come on, Partners in Time was the second game, so you get doubles (Baby Mario Bros.). Inside Story, third game, third party member. So this game, you should have four separate party members and Waluigi and Wario fit the bill perfectly.
Depite realistic reasons for Wario bros stated in #4, NSMBWii denied that "team". There are many main characters to choose from so it can only be an expectation.
Baby Mario bros was a nice team work though.

Dorayaki said:
Baby Mario bros was a nice team work though.

Making the Baby Mario Bros. one of the main stars was the most intelligent thing AlphaDream has done IMO

Honestly, I don't think we need anymore playable characters, after all, the series is called "Mario and Luigi". Before anybody brings up Toad and Bowser, keep in mind that Toad was only playable briefly, and Bowser's name was in the title for the third game, so they're fine. But if we do get some more playable characters, I'd rather have Peach, Toad, or Yoshi. They're higher up on the Mario heiarchy scale than the Wario Bros.

Regarding the plot, it'd be nice if Bowser was the main villain in the next game since there's been a Paper Mario where he was the main villain, so I'd say it's only fair if he gets his time in the villain spotlight in Mario & Luigi. It'd be the perfect opportunity for him to go all out by assembling the koopalings, Bowser Jr., Boom Boom, Bam Bam, Kamek, Kamella, King Boo, Petey Piranha, Dry Bowser (maybe via Time Paradox?) and for good measure, he should bribe the Wario Bros., Wart, and the Kremlings. It'd give the Mario Bros. a true challenge.

Just some ideas. :posh:

Honestly, I think Bowser needs to be the main villain again. He was the main villain in only one RPG? Come on.

That...was...my...point...well, the second half anyway.

Maybe some mechanical Mario Bros. kind of like how Eggman created Metal Sonic.

Bowser isn't what you call a mechanical genius, though *looks at that Koopa Clown Car*

Doesn't the wiki say something about him being smart enough to build incredible technology or something along those lines?

Besides, Bowser has used machines before like the airships, Mecha-Bowser, his karts, etc. and he does have Iggy and (if you want to go to the cartoons...) Ludwig to do all the mechanical work. And if my idea of Bowser bribing the other villains works, Wario and the kremlings could help out in the mechanical department.

It's still a mystery that where are Bowser's aircrafts coming from, if he didn't hire a good scientist.

Maybe more problems for Peach's side, if she has time to use time machine instead of asking Gadd to make some useful weaponries for her.

Buster Baxter said:
Honestly, I don't think we need anymore playable characters, after all, the series is called "Mario and Luigi".
I agree, it's better to make other main character playable in Paper series, while M&L only stress on Mario bros.
Baby Mario bros are the only cases to accord with this topic

Alright, it's time to get in action. For the next Mario and Luigi game, you would control the brothers once again like in Superstar Saga and depending on which brother is in front you can do many things. Here's a brief breakdown on what you can do.

Luigi in back, Mario on front: When Luigi is on top of Mario, Mario can throw Luigi across gaps and even over certain gates. Luigi on the other hand can burrow to the ground with Mario like a drill with his hammer and can also curl up into a ball with Mario like in Partner in Time. On ground, Luigi can hit Mario to make him tiny.

Mario in back, Luigi on front: When Mario is on top of Luigi, Luigi can make a high jump to allow Mario to reach ledges that are too high to be able to be reached by the throw. Mario on the other hand can do his usual Spin Jumps and also can use the hammer to hit switches that are higher than usual. On ground, Mario can hit Luigi with the hammer with varying effects depending on the location. Usually Luigi will get irritated but when used above certain slots, Luigi becomes flat and can be used as a surfboard.

The battles are your usual Mario and Luigi fare but this time both the Bros. Attacks and Bros. Items are used.

Back