So I just got RPG Maker.....

La Marionette said:
So basically, the walking sprites are walk frame, stop frame, other walk frame, stop frame, etc. That sounds like a primitive way to walk.

It doesn't really matter if it's primitive; I hardly ever notice it when I play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon SoulSilver

As I understand things, it's common for that sort of thing to occur in top-down RPGs.

Apparently, not in the Mario & Luigi games; not even in the first one.

La Marionette said:
So basically, the walking sprites are walk frame, stop frame, other walk frame, stop frame, etc. That sounds like a primitive way to walk.
no, it's stop frame/walk frame/stop frame/other walk frame. The difference is important.

Utsuchao Reiuji said:
La Marionette said:
no, it's stop frame/walk frame/stop frame/other walk frame. The difference is important.

Either way, that doesn't sound sophisticated. I mean, it would be nice to include more sprites such as stop/walk 1/walk 1 full/walk 1/stop/walk 2/walk 2 full/walk 2/stop like in Mario & Luigi.

La Marionette said:
Utsuchao Reiuji said:
La Marionette said:

Either way, that doesn't sound sophisticated. I mean, it would be nice to include more sprites such as stop/walk 1/walk 1 full/walk 1/stop/walk 2/walk 2 full/walk 2/stop like in Mario & Luigi.
I know you should be able to switch it easily. Cause it's hard making a Mario and Luigi RPG when some of the sprites (A lot do) walk that way.

You could probably use a script that modifies the frames or just use the pictures command, but the pictures command would be pretty hard to do in place of character's. Never tried it myself but Ive seen it done on several occasions.

Zae said:
You could probably use a script that modifies the frames or just use the pictures command, but the pictures command would be pretty hard to do in place of character's. Never tried it myself but Ive seen it done on several occasions.
I tried it, but still no matter what I did it got screwed up.

Back