AP Exams

ralphfan

Thank you based god
Are you taking any AP Exams this year? If so, which ones? If you've taken them before, advice is welcome.

I'll be taking the AP Euro exam.

I took the AP United States history test last year and got a 5 on it and my AP Gov teacher thinks I should have signed up for the AP exam but I don't feel comfortable with my ability to get a 3 on it. As for advice I don't know I've always had a legitimate interest in American history hell as i'm typing this I am literally looking up the 2008 Minnesota Senate election so I guess i would say you have to actually like the subject and be willing to do independent research.

Yes, I'm taking the AP Biology and AP US History this year

Oh also it helps when all of your tests are old AP exams :P

AP World.

Not doing too well in the class, but the upper classmen say that you can nearly fail this teacher's class and still get a five on the exam, so...

Took AP Euro, AP US History, AP Gov't & Politics, and AP Bio.

The only advice I have is:

*Be sure to study what you know will be on the test. This is typically the generic data, and don't be afraid to go out of your way to learn extra stuff not taught in class. The test will sometimes throw curveballs that your teacher didn't anticipate to teach you, and if you have my luck, those things will be the things most tested on. In my case, I got a 2 on my AP Bio exam because I missed one class because I had to go to a band lesson--if I missed the band lesson, my band teacher was going to give me detention because he was a huge asshole. I missed the lesson on the Calvin cycle, glycolysis, and that stuff. CONVENIENTLY, THOSE WERE THE TOPICS THAT MADE UP OF 2/3 OF THE ESSAYS (or was it 3/4, I can't remember). Despite me doing fantastic on the multiple choice, that one little thing prevented me from getting that 3, and thus the college credit.

*If you get a low score (or lower than you anticipated), realize that IT DOESN'T MATTER. Honestly, it really doesn't. The only benefit the AP exams have is the chance that the college you choose to go to will give you credit for one of the lower level general education classes. I was able to satisfy my history requirements, as well as my math since I had passed calculus (with a 65, lololol). Being able to do that is fanfuckingtastic and saves you some time; but the key thing is: it's not that much time. Wow, yippee, you get to skip two of the easiest classes you will ever take ever in the easiest year of college you will ever have. It is a convenience to pass the AP exams, but it is not the end of the world if you do not. I wasn't able to skip the generic Principles of Biology class, but that really didn't matter. It was a class I was interested again and it was nice to brush up on my knowledge before I jumped into more advanced lab classes. The easy A looked great on my grades, too.

That being said, I wish you guys luck with them, as well as anyone taking the SAT, ACT, or any other exam even if it's elementary-level math. ;D

I'm taking AP US History, AP Environmental Science, and AP English Language.

I got a 4 on my first AP test, AP World History.

I'm not too worried about these tests. I don't understand the stress other students feel about this test. :P AP classes are never really hard for me.

I dont know what I got on it

I'm taking AP Chemistry and AP English Language and Composition.

Chemistry, I don't expect to get higher than a 3. Our teacher is horrible, and he hasn't prepared us for the test at all.

English, I'm definitely going to get a college credit. We've taken so many practice exams, and I've received a five on almost every one.

I'm taking the AP English Literature and Composition, AP Computer Science A, and AP Macroeconomics exams.

English Language and U.S. History are cakewalks, especially the former, though the essays might be somewhat taxing if you haven't done too many. I always tend to write a lot and never end up finishing all of them.

Mario4Ever said:
I always tend to write a lot and never end up finishing all of them.

For me, lack of time prevents me from writing all I want down in the paper.

I've done loads of timed practice essays, so I think I should be fine. It's funny; I just took the writing PSSAs, and they gave us an hour and a half to write one essay at a sixth-grade reading level.

Back