Arizona has just passed a law that makes it illegal to be rude on the internet.

My question about their being responsible for passing previous laws isn't answered.

^^Yeah, admittedly, that's a self-centered view you got there.

Why did they do this? We Haven't!

Oh, definitely yes.

BTW, I somehow knew this law sounds a bit similar (in stupidity) to the illegal immigration law. I thought it was coincidence. Thanks for clearing it up. No wonder this law reminds of that immigration law.

I've been reading more on this and it's fucking horrible, it's not like SOPA, which would at least have some real purpose despite being otherwise terrible- this law is the restriction of free speech, and it's totally legal because it's the state making the law, not the government.

Either way, I doubt the law would actually be enforced.

We should be deliberately rude on the Internet and let's see if they'll catch us. :smug:

Yeah, I'd hate to be in Arizona right now. Not that I try to be rude on the internet, sometimes I do get a bit angry by accident, just because my day is going horribly/really hot.

Gardevoir said:
Let them pass all the stupid laws they want.. As long as it doesnt affect me...

Selfish Alert! Selfish Alert! Get the 'Asshole Police' in here!

Nintendo64Dude said:
Why did they do this? We Haven't!
Suppose everyone who left a rude YouTube comment got fined... my goodness

Another thing. Manners are something the law shouldn't be involved with. Imagine if it was illegal not to say "excuse me" after burping.

It would be nearly impossible to enforce.

I really doubt that this bill will pass. This is just like the Sedition Acts.

Well, how would the law enforcers know if I'm in Airzona?

What if I live in a hotel room, hm? Would the hotel be in trouble?

How did this bill pass anyway?

La Marionette said:
What if I live in a hotel room, hm? Would the hotel be in trouble?

How did this bill pass anyway?
No, your over thinking it. If you were to break that law in an Arizona hotel obviously the hotel can keep memory of your history and report it.

The same way SOPA was so close to be passed, ignorant-arrogant idiots.

I hope it gets ruled by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional. If the right people are there, though...

at least they won't get me.

I feel bad for the users who live in arizona thought.

Back