Discuss: Name for list of radio conversation characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
I don't think "List of Radio Conversation Characters" is too clunky :x.

"[list of] Radio Callers [in SSBB]" maybe?[/list]

I think you need list of so I like Glowsquids idea

Is anyone willing to give an opinion on the rough draft?

Since the page will be called "Radio Conversation Characters", it would be better to find images of the radio portraits (like this) for the Star Fox characters instead of using their trophies. And the Quotes section is mostly redundant because there are already two pages transcripting the codecs and convos for Brawl (though you could keep the Melee convos).

Yeah, I think the images on the Star Fox characters should be changed. Also, should we include the Star Wolf characters, because they appear in some conversations?

Godot said:
Also, should we include the Star Wolf characters, because they appear in some conversations?

Yeah, I'm adding them. Like I said, it's a rough draft, and I'm open for comments and criticism. Also, it would be nice to add their radio portraits, but I don't have that image. And for the convos., I was thinking that since the article is going to compile all of the radio conversation characters into one article, why not have the conversations themselves in the article?

And for the convos., I was thinking that since the article is going to compile all of the radio conversation characters into one article, why not have the conversations themselves in the article?

it's mostly personal preference .I'd rather have pages as less bloated as possible, especially when the section(s) concerned risk being longer than the actual body of the page.

I understand your concern about making the page too bloated, but it just seems weird if I list the Star Fox Melee conversations and not the rest.

I said that mostly because there's no page for the Melee conversations : p. Of course, one solution could to be to move the Melee conversations to this page and rename it to "Radio conversation of the Star Fox characters in the Supe Smash Bros. series" or something, except with a name that's not horrible.

Just make a general "List of minor NPCs in Super Smash Bros. (series)", like we do for the RPG games. This would leave some room to cover minor non-radio conversation characters, but I'm having trouble thinking of examples.

I don't think there are any other examples, unless you want to compile all the stage enemies (Tingle, Ultimate Chimera, Parasite Queen, etc.) into one article.

I think characters like the Parasite Queen should be left in the stage articles. But... if we can create a page for background NPC characters, then fine, we can include them.

Tails? Cranky Kong? I'm sure there are more. Anyway, I think List of minor NPCs in Super Smash Bros. (series) would be a good enough umbrella.

I'd recommend splitting the Star Fox and Metal Gear characters into separate subsections like:

==Characters==
===Star Fox===
====Fox McCloud====
====Slippy... etc====
===Metal Gear===
====Colonel Roy Campbell====
====Otacon... etc====

and remove the repetitive "[Guy] is a character in the [series]" sentences. be sure to avoid redundant NIWA links too.

You have a bunch of unnecessary links. Each subject needs to be linked to its respective article on the wiki (and/or on a NIWA wiki) only once (usually upon first mention). Any other time that subject is mentioned after that, it doesn't need linking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back