What you want to come back in SSB4

RandomGuy

Earth Adept
This is basically to talk about what you want to come back from the previous three games. For starters: I want the Halberd and Smashville to return

Kinda broad. Is this like anything from a previous game that we'd like to see in SSB4?

In terms of Characters, I want most if not all the Brawl roster to return. The Original 12 plus the Melee Veterans are practically assured. And the only Newcomer from Brawl that might be in danger is Lucario. Those returning characters include Sonic and Snake as well.

Just make Samus awesome again so I can go back to dominating.

I guess bring back Mewtwo as well.

I want to see Roy and Lucario come back for starters. Roy was my favorite fighter in Melee and Lucario was my favorite in Brawl. I also wouldn't mind seeing Luigi's Mansion and Warioware Inc. come back, those were pretty good stages.

I want Mario back D:

Realistically, I wish all the cut characters return.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I want Mario back D:

Realistically, I wish all the cut characters return.

This too. And i hope they don't cut any from Brawl, even characters I don't care for like Wolf. They all deserve to come back imo.

It's usually never a good idea to cut characters, even the clones. :(

I don't think Dr. Mario should come back. It's basically the same as Metal Mario in MK7!

I want Race to the Finishs and Board the Platforms to come back! Can't think of anything else, non-character or stage related, that I want returning...

At least ones that go without saying. Obviously the trophies should continue to be a key part.

Oh good there are so many tracks, it's hard for me to choose which ones should return... I'd like to see the Smash Ball again, and of course the Assist Trophies. I'd also like the Lightning Bolt to return, only this time have it do what the Lightning Bolt is SUPPOSED to do and DON'T screw thigns up just to add to the unpredictability factor, dammit!

RandomGuy said:
I don't think Dr. Mario should come back. It's basically the same as Metal Mario in MK7!

Well... no. Dr. Mario has a slightly different model than Mario. He also has different attacks.

No, but it should be out because:
1.he's a clone
2.It's the same as having MM in MK7
3.it's mario in a different form so same as Metal Mario being mario

Bring back mewtwo and not make him the worst character in fighting history.

Seriously that guy sucked so freaking much it was retarded. Very few of his moves were even effective and most could easily be outreached or countered and on top of the guy was slow as crap, seriously Nintendo. At least make your characters act like they do in their games, not the opposite.

Also bring back Lucario and make him more like his game counter part. Fast and hard hitting, I always found it strange that Lucario was one of the slowest fallers and was a very slow character and his whole game mechanic was just a bit questionable.

I'd also like to see some better choices on characters like bring back Issac from Golden sun but not make him a useless assist trophy(just make him awesome using ragnarok or something) or make him playable. Same thing for Lyn from Fire Emblem.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, Roy would be cool too. But make him fight differently and similar to how he was in the last chaptors of FE6(also his class change) where he could finally use the most powerful weapon he possesed.

and for the love of god CHANGE IKE. Ike is not a slow character at all, and actuallly doesn't rotate the planet when he slashes. Although you could replace him with more suitable characters for a different weapon style. Example Hector(Axe user) from FE7 or even Oswin(also fe7, a general). Heck even a magic user from FE series would be interesting. Maybe even one of the Eagle or Dragon Clan characters from the future FE games.

woooo thtats about it.

RandomGuy said:
he's a clone

No more of a clone then characters like Lucas and Wolf. Plus his moveset is slightly different from Mario's.

Smasher said:
RandomGuy said:
he's a clone

No more of a clone then characters like Lucas and Wolf. Plus his moveset is slightly different from Mario's.

Uh not really. He has like two different moves, and the rest are altered stats and hit effects.

Lucas and Wolf have a lot of different moves. If anything they should change his move set entirely.

Hell, make differences like Luigi, we all know how awesome that worked out.

Mewtwo's only moves that were effective, as far as I could tell, were his Shadow Ball for being able to hit people while charging in addition to being pretty powerful, as well as his Up throw and Back throw.

Also, all the talk of Fire Emblem and no mention of Ephraim from FE8? Why not? A spear fighter would be a nice change, and Ephraim was a great character.

I made a wallpost somewhere on my own imagined Final Smash for him...

Clone characters that differ enough from counterparts and/or are pretty popular on their own are fine (Falco, Ganondorf, Luigi, etc.). But I have to agree that Dr. Mario doesn't really need to return. It could easily be an alternate costume for SSB4 like how Wario got his Plumber suit in Brawl though. I know Dr. Mario has a slightly different moveset, but that's not the important thing. Because most gamers are going to be like "Wait why does Dr. Mario count as separate from Regular Mario?". I know that Dr. Mario was one of the Forbidden 7 that was cut from Brawl during development, but I think it was a smart decision to exclude Dr. Mario from Brawl. It wouldn't have made sense if it was in the same game that Wario got both his Plumber Suit and his WarioWare costume. And goodness on what they do to get Dr. Mario for the Subspace Emissiary (I guess they could just shoehorn him as a hidden character like Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff was).

Also while Toon Link and Link in Brawl might be a counterpoint it's worth noting that it makes more sense then it did with Link and Young Link in Melee as at least the 2 Links in Brawl were 2 different Links. Young Link and Link in Melee were from the Same exact timeline. This is also why I wouldn't mind Paper Mario being a character in the next Super Smash Bros. I don't think the stories of those games exactly can fit in the same area as the platformers even if the Paper Mario games make references. So it'd be an entirely different Mario with the possibility of an original moveset. More potential then Dr. Mario.

Dr. Javelin said:
Mewtwo's only moves that were effective, as far as I could tell, were his Shadow Ball for being able to hit people while charging in addition to being pretty powerful, as well as his Up throw and Back throw.

Also, all the talk of Fire Emblem and no mention of Ephraim from FE8? Why not? A spear fighter would be a nice change, and Ephraim was a great character.

I made a wallpost somewhere on my own imagined Final Smash for him...

Didn't really care a lot for FE8, and naturally, forgot about it.

If Dr. Mario does come back this is my final smash:
Virus Infestation: He opens a jar of viruses and lik 100 viruses annoy everyone except Doc.

Back