Your Video Game Childhood

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
Isnt it straight forward. Please give a little description/mini-review along with the rating out of 10.

Let me go: (please notice i dont live in the US or any of those populous countries so i might not have a wide range)

Ok so when i was 4/5 i got:

Gameboy Advance SP
With: Frogger's Adventure and PacMan, it was the one will the collection of pacman games.
Then when i was 6 i got: Spiderman 2, Lilo and Stitch, Classic NES Series: Bomberman, The Incredibles, Kim Possible: Drakens Demise, Hot Wheels World Race.

Then when i was 7 i got:

Nintendo DS Lite
With: Brain Age 2: More training in minutes a day, and High School Musical: Making the Cut.
Then i didnt get another DS game until i was 8 -_-...
Thats when my addiction began :)
Super Mario 64 DS. Then the others i just felt like getting (lies). Wall-E and My Spanish Coach (dont ask)
Then around the end of 2008 i got Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force.
In 2009 was the end of the train, my aunt ended up stop sending me stop from the US (i blame my dad) so i had to buy super costly used video games from belize. (35 us dollars for a used tetris ds, i hate this place) Then around christmas my mom got me Tetris DS and my sister Ener-G Gymnastics, then 2-3 days later.. BYE BYE DS :( Let us take a moment to mourn the loss. The fuse was blown.
In 2010 i stold:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords
from my friend :)... what, ive been going years without games.
Then i realized these things called 'emulators' and 'roms' existed, and so i played ALL DS and GBA, GB, GBC and N64 mario games and i believe a 100 percent them all except a few.
In 2011 my dream was relized from 2006, i got a wii. And i got:
Wii
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

And then i bought from a friend Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 2012 a few days after my birthday (and charge me for seeing me play TLofZ:Link to the Past. -_- But i still kept it. ThEN I borrowed Super Smash Bros. Brawl which i am still playing.

THEN, My 2nd dream was realized:
Dolphin Emulator
Super Mario Sunshine :)

40 Shines in. 4 days ago...

Thats it.. well im still IN MY CHILDHOOD so it goes on.

Re: The "Rate the persons video game childhood" Thread

I played Super Smash Bros. at around 5 years of age. I also liked beating Donkey Kong up.

My video game childhood experience is longer than that. :/

The "Rate the persons video game childhood" Thread.

Ring a bell, and i believe it should give a decent idea. And the person below should give a mini review or dont bother posting, no offence.

NES

Welp when I was about 4 or 5 my mom bought me a nintendo entertainment system. Where I first played super mario bros. I finally got 2 and 3, then continued with megaman games and teenage mutant ninja games. After awhile I finally got Metroid, which is a horror to me, but I loved it and beat the crap out of it(also my first time seeing a female character as a main one). Other games include contra, punchout, and quite a few more.

SNES

At probably the age of like 7 I guess I had an snes, the golden age of my gaming years. Where I had super mario world, loved the crap out of it and played for god knows how long. I got more games like Megaman X, final fight, Turtles in time, legend of zelda a link to the past, and one of my personal favorites, SUPER FREAKING METROID. Other games include killer instinct, street fighter 2, clay fighter, f-zero, super mario kart, mmx2 and 3, contra 3, spider-man maxium carnage, Super Castlevania, Kirby Super Star, and some others.

Gameboy
Welp like many of us older people I ran with pokemon from red and blue to crystal, can't say I liked red and blue much but the others werent so bad.I also played Shantae, castlevania games, and even the bleh fighting gb games. Didn't think much of GB system actually.

Nintendo 64

Dont remember what age I was when this came out, but it was during its early years, super mario 64 even came with it. As you can imagine it was a glorious game even with its questionable controls and camera, but it was a highlight of my gaming years. However, what I know mostly the n64 for was, PAPER MARIO. My first rpg to introduce me to all rpgs in existance. I saw the commercial on tv and loved it, and I was all HEY MOM CAN I GET THIS GAME *begs for 30 more minutes*, finally she said yes, we went to wal-mart, got it, came home and fell in love. I loved it so much I played that one game for over a month. Later, as I liked fighting games, play super smash bros, while it was fun for its time kinda felt too short for me, especially after Paper Mario. Later got into Mario party 1 and 2. Finally got around to more multi player games with friends and got mario kart 64, loved it for awhile, until I played F-zero x, and the first two extreme G's. Which I played for years. I also got mortal kombat 4 and killer instinct from a friend, felt a bit short but loved them much like ssb. Now that I think about it n64 was more like my golden age of gaming haha.

Playstation

I heard that playstation was loading with rpgs, after playing paper mario i was very interested. So, I finally got one and played many final fantasies that were ported to playstation, which I was kind eh on most of them but loved 5 and 6. I also tried chrono trigger and was rather impressed. Later tried chrono cross, not sure if it was better but it was pretty fair. The highlight of all these games though were certainly Legend of Dragoon. Having an amazing ost and a great battle system. I later was scared of this system due to playing silent hill at a young age.

Ill post more later because im kinda tired of typing all this, doubt anyone will read though.

It's, um, good.

SNES emulator

My first "console". Games I had on it:
Super Mario All-Stars
Donkey Kong Country 3
Mega Man X2
Super Punch Out!!
And probably some others

More later. Need sleep now.

Well mine mostly consisted of me going out into the shed with the old tv and 64 hooked up.

But it started with it in my room and I'd play Mario Kart 64 with my brother all the time then it broke and we threw it out and I'd play Mario Party 3 or Mario tennis all the time. I'd play Goldeneye with my friends, a weird but fun game of run away where we needed to avoid each other. And wanting to play MX Unleashed on the PS2 and getting really good at this one cool course.

and i cant forget hiring out toy story 2 for the n64 and keeping it on all night because i had no memory card. Being able to destroy RC in races, failing at climbing the huge tree, falling down the stairs in andys house, climbing around in the garage, the scary robot guy in the attic, the plane which i could easily beat, the construction site and the sinking sand, the alleyway with the water puzzles and the toy store. That game was amazing.

My video game history started with Pokemon. My parents bought me a GameBoy Color and Pokemon Yellow for my fourth birthday. I could barely read, but I absolutely loved the game. Soon after, I got Pokemon Gold, then Crystal when it came out (which remains to this day my favourite game).

I used to mess around on my brother's SNES even before then, but I don't really count that because I had absolutely NO IDEA what I was doing.

I read it, Zae.

Non-handheld history:
When I was 4 years old, I got the Atari 2600. I didn't remember much about it until I played it a few years later, but notably, Pitfall was my favorite game for it. I had a plastic crate full of cartridges, some that were repeats. When I got the 2600, my brother, Mason, got the SNES and maybe 10 games that Christmas, including but not limited to: Super Mario World, Secret of Mana, and Sim City. Eventually, our SNES collection became a giant plastic tub of tons of SNES games, too many to even name, most notably A Link To The Past, Contra III, Illusion of Gaia, Mario Paint with mousepad, Mortal Kombat III, Super Mario All Stars, Skyblazer, Smart Ball, Pilotwings, F-Zero, BlazeOn, and many many obscure titles; (Cool World, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Lord of the Rings, Sim Earth, Face Ball, the list goes on.)
Between or around the time we got the N64, we also got our hands on the horrible system known as the Intellivision, which we never could grasp at our young ages how to play, the NES and many games, and the Sega Genesis with very few games. Along with these systems were various gadgets, including the Duck Hunt gun, a Game Genie for the NES, the SNES SuperScope, the Super GameBoy (allows you to play Game Boy games on the SNES) and a running mat for the NES.
Our N64 era was wonderful. We had a Game Shark, tons of controllers, memory cards, many games including but not limited to: both Pokemon Stadiums, SM64, Paper Mario(lovee), Mischief Makers, Pokemon Snap, Hey You! Pikachu, 007 Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Quake II, Body Harvest, OOT and Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 3, and many other favorites. We never owned The Crystal Shards, Yoshi's Story, Super Smash Bros., or DK64, but we rented/borrowed/played the hell out of them when we could.
Eventually, Mason received a Game Cube with Zelda: Collector's Edition for Christmas, and I got Super Smash Bros. Melee as a gift. Later, we got an action replay. Other games we had include but are not limited to: Animal Crossing, Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Party, etc.

Handheld history:
I don't remember when we got the original Game Boy, as I was too young, but eventually it was stolen. Mason received a Game Boy color before I did, and I got mine with a Barbie game and Pokemon Blue version(<3) when I was 7 years old.
Throughout the years, we collected many accessories for the handhelds, including lights, AC adapters, button add-ons, protectors, cases, link-cables, rumble packs, the Game Boy Printer and Game Boy Camera, Pokemon Pinball, and more.
Games we had include but are not limited to: Wario Land 3, Super Mario Land and SML6 Golden Coins, Pokemon Yellow, Silver and Gold version, Battletoads, Space Invaders, Tetris, and too many to remember/name.
We skipped the original Game Boy Advance and went directly to the SPs, and had many games for them as well.
--
Beyond all of the previous; Mason and I were split and placed in different homes when I was around 13 years old, therefore, collection beyond that was done amongst ourselves.
I currently play the XBox 360 and a Wii; much of our old collection resides in a storage owned by my father.

I wouldn't even be able to list all of the games we owned if I could, honestly, there are too many titles to remember.

Playstation

Rayman
Mickey's Wild Adventure
Crash 1-3
CTR
Crash Bash

GBA
Sonic Advance 3
Ultimate Spider Man
Mario and Luigi:Superstar Saga

My life of video games began with me erasing all my brother's Donkey Kong Country files at the age of 2 or 3. 8)

I also always had a SNES and an N64 in my basement. They were my brother and sister's. I played Harvest Moon 64 a lot when I was little, along with many of the old Mario games. My brother eventually got a GameCube, but never let me play it. He doesn't play his games anymore so now I have pretty much claimed all of them! ;D

Back