The Kids Choice Awards thread

MCS

Donkey Kong
I honestly am not a big fan of the KCAs anymore because they've gotten so stupid the past few years, and I'm not interested in most of the nominees. But what are your opinions?

Re: Kids Choice Awards 2012

it's alright. me and my bro have watched it every year since 2003. I don't really like it that much anymore so I might skip this year. my bro will probably watch it though.

Nega-Man said:
i hope to god LMFAO doesn't win Favorite Music Artist

...is it bad that we voted for them?

I used to vote but now I don't. Yeah it got really stupid so I stopped watching it too.

Smasher said:
Nega-Man said:

yes it is

You've watched it since 2003? Hm, interesting. Honestly last year's was the worst, mainly because of that stupid Armpit Farting Celebrity contest, which was all fake anyway.

I like some of the hosts though. Glad Will Smith is hosting this year, Jack Black was cool too when he hosted.

Nega-Man said:
Smasher said:
Nega-Man said:

yes it is

You've watched it since 2003? Hm, interesting. Honestly last year's was the worst, mainly because of that stupid Armpit Farting Celebrity contest, which was all fake anyway.

I like some of the hosts though. Glad Will Smith is hosting this year, Jack Black was cool too when he hosted.
Oh god. They always have the most disgusting competitions. I never liked online-voting awards because then fans vote multiple times. And I got annoyed that Jack hosted 3 times.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
Oh god. They always have the most disgusting competitions. I never liked online-voting awards because then fans vote multiple times. And I got annoyed that Jack hosted 3 times.

How is that bad? Jack Black is like, so legendary.

But yeah the competitions are not only disgusting, but completely fake. I heard a lot of the sounds they used for the armpit-farting competition in other TV shows.

I just hope Will Smith kicks out some Fresh Prince of Bel-Air moves this year

I haven't watched in a while. But I get a big collective urgh these days on what wins usually. Also they glorify their own channel too much. iCarly and Spongebob pretty much always win. There was only one time Spongebob lost and that was to Avatar: The Last Airbender (Which was great btw) in 2008

Also last year Just Dance 2 was voted over Super Mario Galaxy 2. EVen if you don't like Galaxy 2 it certainly shouldn't have lost to a Dancing game.

Other ones that urk me:

>2009 KCA: High School Musical 3 beat The Dark Knight and Iron Man in Favorite Movie

>2008 & 2009 KCA: Jonas Brothers beat Linkin Park (But at least Linkin Park won 2010's KCA) in Favorite Band

>2009 KCA: Twilight beat Harry Potter in Favorite Book

oh my god those winner suck.

glad that I didn't watch KCA the previous years.

@SonicMario I was pretty pissed at that too. This year, Super Mario Galaxy 2 AND Mario Kart 7 are up against Just Dance 3, so I hope one of the Mario games wins.

But hey, blame the kids that vote. Most of them love all the newfangled stuff and have no taste in what's actually good.

Northern Verve said:
I haven't watched in a while. But I get a big collective urgh these days on what wins usually. Also they glorify their own channel too much. iCarly and Spongebob pretty much always win. There was only one time Spongebob lost and that was to Avatar: The Last Airbender (Which was great btw) in 2008

Also last year Just Dance 2 was voted over Super Mario Galaxy 2. EVen if you don't like Galaxy 2 it certainly shouldn't have lost to a Dancing game.

Other ones that urk me:

>2009 KCA: High School Musical 3 beat The Dark Knight and Iron Man in Favorite Movie

>2008 & 2009 KCA: Jonas Brothers beat Linkin Park (But at least Linkin Park won 2010's KCA) in Favorite Band

>2009 KCA: Twilight beat Harry Potter in Favorite Book
Do remember that this is mostly voted on by girls.

I only saw this once ever. I've never bothered to even vote, mainly because I am so fucking pissed that EENE was a nominee for one year's award and didn't win.

What are these bastards' tastes these days?

Pyro said:

Like we said, most of the voters are young kids with no good taste in anything. I'll be shocked if a Mario game wins this year.

Also this year the nominees for Favorite Game are Just Dance 3, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Kart 7, and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. I'd be happy with anyone of the 3 that isn't Just Dance 3. But I'm in the defeatist attitude that Just Dance 3 will win anyway because Just Dance 2 won last year.

It's not like I'm watching anyway but still. Also it's obvious Spongebob is going to win again. It's only competition that isn't Phineas and Ferb (Which it has already beaten multiple times) is the Kung-Fu Panda show and the new Scooby-Doo show. Which I kinda hear that the Scooby one is actually decent but if Phineas and Ferb can't beat Spongebob what really can? Again, only Avatar's done it before.

Pyro said:
I only saw this once ever. I've never bothered to even vote, mainly because I am so fucking pissed that EENE was a nominee for one year's award and didn't win.

Ed, Edd n Eddy were nominees for a few years in the mid 2000s. Who beat them on every one of those years? Spongebob

Northern Verve said:
Just Dance 2 was voted over Super Mario Galaxy 2

Jonas Brothers beat Linkin Park in Favorite Band

I cried on the inside when these happened.

@SonicMario
That new Kung Fu Panda show is horrible. I doubt it will win though.

I'm also surprised to see Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga as a nominee this year. That game came out 5 years ago. Either way most of the kids that are voting aren't into LEGO games, and will probably vote Mario or Just Dance 3. I'm hoping the former, but it's most likely going to be the latter. I voted for Mario Kart 7, in all honesty.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
Who's hosting it this year?

Will Smith. I already said it earlier

Northern Verve said:
Ed, Edd n Eddy were nominees for a few years in the mid 2000s. Who beat them on every one of those years? Spongebob

I now have a reason to hate spongebob (The seasons that weren't bad won't be hated plus the movie) and those dumbass kids with no taste.

COME ON. ED, EDD N EDDY IS AWESOME!

god couldn't they just vote phineas and ferb instead of Spongebob.

I MEAN THEIR MOVIE WAS AWESOME and it'll be the only movie they will have (possibly).

I like the Lego games. so if a Mario game can't win, Lego Star Wars wouldn't be so bad either. Alot better then Just Dance 3.

I stopped watching KCA because Spongebob always win and I prefer to watch other awards same as SPIKE video game awards

Just Dance 3 is OK, they have a Mario dance and I want to try it. Also shouldn't they have something other than SMG2? Maybe Donkey Kong Country Returns or Super mario 3D Land. I know that wouldn't have Mario Party 9 cuz it came out less than a month ago.

They have MK7.

What are the nominees for Best Cartoon? Every year, it's:

Spongebob Squarepants
The Fairly Oddparents
The Simpsons
Whatever Nickelodeon wants to advertise.

I believe this will change, though (especially since Nick is trying to kill Oddparents). So what cartoons are in the running (MLP should be at least nominated).

Back