The Kids Choice Awards thread

Re: Kids Choice Awards 2012

also, another complaint:

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid beat The Hunger Games series in Favorite Book?

everyday, I hate this generation of people even more...

Cap'n Falcon said:
SpongeBob was funny when I was a kid, but now it's like the worst show on Nickelodeon. Sigh. Isn't it annoying how Nick's own shows always win Best Cartoon? Gah.

Yeah. A lot of the recent episodes re-use old ideas (example: Bubble Buddy Returns) and a lot are out of canon (example: Big Sister Sam, when Patrick said in Something Smells that he didn't have a sister), which really annoys me.

SpongeBob's probably going to get canceled soon. Which I'm fine with since I don't want them screwing up the franchise any longer. As long as they show Season 1 and 2 reruns I'm sane.

@Cap'n Crunch Falcon:

Not always.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tiny Toon Adventures
The Simpsons

These all won, even though they weren't Nicktoons

Drilbur said:
@Cap'n Crunch Falcon:

Not always.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tiny Toon Adventures
The Simpsons

These all won, even though they weren't Nicktoons

I think those were all from before Spongebob started. I believe that in the 90s, KCA had alot more quality winners (Though perhaps that's just my nostalgia talking).

At the very least I still have the bragging rights that Avatar: The Last Airbender was the only show to beat Spongebob so far. It's another Nick show but it's amazing nonetheless.

Nega-Man said:
I haven't been watching, and I'm glad I haven't. Seeing as how Just Dance 3 won over TWO Mario games, I'm glad I stayed away from this *bleep*.
Which Mario games where they? The first Just Dance sucks so Just Dance 3 is proably just as bad.

Northern Verve said:
Spongebob has beaten Simpsons, Ed Edd n Eddy, Phineas and Ferb, and more for Favorite Cartoon. Only A:TLA has beaten it and that was still a Nick program (Even if that doesn't make it any less sweet IMO). Any cartoon outside of Nick isn't going to stand a chance. And what's the only cartoon on Nick other then Spongebob that's on the nominees? Kung-Fu Panda. Even I'd vote Spongebob over Kung Fu Panda.

pfffft, first kung fu panda film was badass

Yoshidude99 said:
Which Mario games where they?

Galaxy 2 and MK7.

And those are pretty good games.
No, Galaxy 2 was an amazing game.

These kids are getting brainwashed. Seriously? Just Dance 3 beats MK7?

Maybe it's their music taste "TONIGHTS GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT"

god fucking dammit

Nosferatu Man said:
Northern Verve said:
Spongebob has beaten Simpsons, Ed Edd n Eddy, Phineas and Ferb, and more for Favorite Cartoon. Only A:TLA has beaten it and that was still a Nick program (Even if that doesn't make it any less sweet IMO). Any cartoon outside of Nick isn't going to stand a chance. And what's the only cartoon on Nick other then Spongebob that's on the nominees? Kung-Fu Panda. Even I'd vote Spongebob over Kung Fu Panda.

yes, but the sequel and TV series suck

Nega-Man said:
Nosferatu Man said:
Northern Verve said:

yes, but the sequel and TV series suck
The second film wasn't that bad. It made the powerful characters from the first film feel weaker though.

I swear I just want to hunt down every kid who voted for Just Dance 3.

*eye twitch*

then again that'd be too much work since there are like... I don't know... millions of them?

so I'll take this with a grain of salt and leave them be.

Gardevoir said:
I bet everyone who voted for Just Dance 3 are idiot teenagers who play CoD.

imma noscope you so hard one day

I don't think that even they would stoop that low.

Hasn't t already been established that the KCA, just like Spike's VGA, are joke?

Gardevoir said:
I bet everyone who voted for Just Dance 3 are idiot teenagers who play CoD.

SexyEspeon said:
I swear I just want to hunt down every kid who voted for Just Dance 3.

*eye twitch*

then again that'd be too much work since there are like... I don't know... millions of them?

so I'll take this with a grain of salt and leave them be.

Pyro said:
These kids are getting brainwashed. Seriously? Just Dance 3 beats MK7?

Maybe it's their music taste "TONIGHTS GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT"

god fucking dammit

Relax with the fucking melodrama, people. They're not getting "brainwashed," they're not idiots being controlled by the system, they just have shitty taste. Because they're little kids. You know. Since these are the Kids Choice Awards?

And, uh, you're not some brave, rebellious individual for standing up to them and daring to express the controversial opinion that the Black Eyed Peas suck.

Nega-Man said:
Cap'n Falcon said:
SpongeBob was funny when I was a kid, but now it's like the worst show on Nickelodeon. Sigh. Isn't it annoying how Nick's own shows always win Best Cartoon? Gah.

Yeah. A lot of the recent episodes re-use old ideas (example: Bubble Buddy Returns) and a lot are out of canon (example: Big Sister Sam, when Patrick said in Something Smells that he didn't have a sister), which really annoys me.

SpongeBob's probably going to get canceled soon. Which I'm fine with since I don't want them screwing up the franchise any longer. As long as they show Season 1 and 2 reruns I'm sane.

I'm going to tear down that post and explain why it's wrong.
1. Reuse of ideas? All they did was make a sequel. How often does that happen? Other than the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boys, the only sequel to a previous episode I can think of is Squilliam Returns, and that isn't even I don't think a sequel to Band Geeks.

2. Out of canon? Patrick is retarded. In some episodes he forgets even who SpongeBob is. So how can we know he wasn't just being dumb when he said he didn't have a sister in Something Smells? Although to be perfectly honest, what you said was the FIRST thing I thought of the night Big Sister Sam premiered. Yes there are some newer ones that are shit, there are also some ones that are really great, and NOBODY will acknowledge that fact.

I guess you're right about Patrick (one time he didn't know what gender SpongeBob was) but I still think they're reusing ideas. Another example was those two recent episodes, where Patrick house-sat for SpongeBob, and SpongeBob house-sat for Sandy. Both recent episodes, too.

That recent one that tells the history of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy was neat though, I admit.

Nega-Man said:
I guess you're right about Patrick (one time he didn't know what gender SpongeBob was) but I still think they're reusing ideas. Another example was those two recent episodes, where Patrick house-sat for SpongeBob, and SpongeBob house-sat for Sandy. Both recent episodes, too.

That recent one that tells the history of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy was neat though, I admit.

Me too.

One Krab's Trash:
Spongebob posesses something Mr. Krabs wants.

The Cent of Money:

Magikrazy said:
The Cent of Money:

God that episode was so stupid. It really brought out Mr. Krabs' cheap side, and even when SpongeBob flat out told him that it wasn't a penny, he still thought he was pulling his leg, and goes digging outside his yard.

jeez, talk about desperate

I would laugh though if I saw Mr. Krabs' reaction to the 500 dollar bill it turned out to be.

Nega-Man said:
Magikrazy said:
The Cent of Money:

God that episode was so stupid. It really brought out Mr. Krabs' cheap side, and even when SpongeBob flat out told him that it wasn't a penny, he still thought he was pulling his leg, and goes digging outside his yard.

jeez, talk about desperate

I would laugh though if I saw Mr. Krabs' reaction to the 500 dollar bill it turned out to be.
Well, he almost tore a man's arm off for a penny.

Nega-Man said:
lol I remember that.

And he sold SpongeBob for 62 cents. That was so messed up on his part.
Yeah, I think he could have gotten more.

Magikrazy said:
Nega-Man said:
lol I remember that.

And he sold SpongeBob for 62 cents. That was so messed up on his part.
Yeah, I think he could have gotten more.
A solid reference.

Back