Pronunciation

This is the thread to ask how you pronounce certain video game characters. Cause lots of them have weird names, and it's really awkward to find you have been pronouncing the name wrong for years....

You can do it from any video game series, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, whatever.

Apparently, the canonical pronunciation of "Zebes" is two short e's instead of long e's.

Well, I already could tell that. I suck at pronounicing F. F. characters. How do you say Sephiroth and Cid?

Magus said:
Apparently, the canonical pronunciation of "Zebes" is two short e's instead of long e's.
I've been pronouncing that as "Zaybs" all this time.

Solar Blaze said:
Magus said:
I've always said it as "Zeebees", since that sounded coolest to me and there was no pronunciation to go off as far as I knew. I don't think I'll be changing my pronunciation anyway, given the source.

Fi is pronounced Fee, I think.
I always pronouced Dialga as 'Di- al- ga' rather than 'De- al- ga'
And I pronounce Arceus as Are see us rather than Are Key us

Fy for Fi, Mario for Mario (people always pronounce it Merio, it drives me nuts), and Ar-Key-Us for Arceus.

Magus said:
Solar Blaze said:
Magus said:
I've always said it as "Zeebees", since that sounded coolest to me and there was no pronunciation to go off as far as I knew. I don't think I'll be changing my pronunciation anyway, given the source.
I've always said "Zeebs". I've also heard it called "Zebs" and "Zeebus"

Lily I say Fi that way too. Also for "Navi" I say it with a short a instead of "nahvi".

And is Polari with a "are" sound or "air" sound?

I pronounce Wario like War-ee-o. I don't know how it actually is; it could be Wahr-ee-o like in Mario.

Lakitu, I pronounce it Lah-key-too

Baby Luigi said:
I pronounce Wario like War-ee-o. I don't know how it actually is; it could be Wahr-ee-o like in Mario.

Lakitu, I pronounce it Lah-key-too
When I say lakitu it's more of a "lu/la key too" instead of a lah. Maybe cause I just say it fast.

Rattata
Rat-ta-ta
I don't know why people have so much trouble in pronunciation with that name.

Wario
War-ee-oh, as in "warrior".

Lakitu
Lack-ee-two or la-kee-two

I say Fi the same way as NSM and Lily.

I think Lakitu has an official pronunciation.

I say Wario like "Wa ree oh" (Like mario but with a w)

Augie Doggie said:
Oh my God. I just realized it's Lakitu and not Latiku. My life is ruined.
Nah it's not. I've had some embarrassing situations like this too. That't why I made the thread/

What about Pianta and Noki? I say "Pee On Ta" and "No Key".

Magus said:
Solar Blaze said:
Magus said:

There's that bias again I've always pronounced it as "Zebs." On a related note, I've always pronounced Samus's last name as "Erin" rather than "uhran."

Mario4Ever said:
Magus said:
Solar Blaze said:
Magus said:

There's that bias again I've always pronounced it as "Zebs." On a related note, I've always pronounced Samus's last name as "Erin" rather than "uhran."
I'll only criticize the story and cutscenes since I can't really speak for the gameplay I always said it as "Ehran", for some reason.

The pseudo-legendary family of Unova. Do you guys pronounce them correctly?

Deino (DIE-no)
Zweilous (TSVAI-lous)
Hydreigon (hy-DRY-gon)

I thought it was Planet Zeebs

Back