Paper Mario 64 remake for Wii U? Discuss.

Anser

King Bowser
I'm I the only one who thinks that there should be a remake of the original Paper Mario 64 for Wii U? Think about it! Here are some of the features I'd like:

-Improved graphics and sound.
-The crowd feature from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door implemented.
-Adding useful tools like the Tattle Log and the Recipe Log, which didn't exist when this game was released.
-You could unlock around six mini-games at some points of the adventure, which could be played by 4 people (like in Banjo-Tooie).
-A Pit of 100 Trials.

Also, some small details added, like:

-Lakilester's Speed increased when ridden.
-Partners having a maximum of five moves instead of four, to make the Super Block hunting quest even longer.
-A game mode where you could battle your friends, so everyone shows their technique, wearing different Badges, using different Items and partners and stuff.
-More extra tasks to do after the game is finished, like running Koopa Koot's errands and stuff like that.
-An option to re-battle bosses and sub-bosses.

And more importantly...

-ENDLESS GAME MODE, please!! It was frustrating that, after beating Bowser, you had to beat him again or go back to Toad Town like nothing happened at all!

What do you think? Are there other things you would like to see? Discuss.

Eh... I'd just rather have a new Paper Mario. A good one.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
Eh... I'd just rather have a new Paper Mario. A good one.

I want a new Paper Mario, too, but we're getting that soon on the 3DS. I want a remake of the 64 game.

I think this would be best for 3DS but that's already getting a new Paper Mario game.

FMGBASKFH said:
I'm I the only one who thinks that there should be a remake of the original Paper Mario 64 for Wii U? Think about it! Here are some of the features I'd like:

-Improved graphics and sound.
-The crowd feature from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door implemented.
-Adding useful tools like the Tattle Log and the Recipe Log, which didn't exist when this game was released.
-You could unlock around six mini-games at some points of the adventure, which could be played by 4 people (like in Banjo-Tooie).
-A Pit of 100 Trials.

Also, some small details added, like:

-Lakilester's Speed increased when ridden.
-Partners having a maximum of five moves instead of four, to make the Super Block hunting quest even longer.
-A game mode where you could battle your friends, so everyone shows their technique, wearing different Badges, using different Items and partners and stuff.
-More extra tasks to do after the game is finished, like running Koopa Koot's errands and stuff like that.
-An option to re-battle bosses and sub-bosses.

And more importantly...

-ENDLESS GAME MODE, please!! It was frustrating that, after beating Bowser, you had to beat him again or go back to Toad Town like nothing happened at all!

What do you think? Are there other things you would like to see? Discuss.
YOU SIR ARE A FUCKING GENIUS!

UPDATED JR. TROOPA AND GENERAL GUY SPRITES FTW!

I don't want a remake of Paper Mario 64. I would rather have an entirely new game. Sure, some characters from the first one may return, but I would rather have new partners, new story, etc.

A port on the Wii VC was good enough. Bring on the new game/story/other elements.

I won't even play the VC port. It belongs on the 64.

A revamped PM64 would be pretty interesting.

You all have to keep in mind that it would likely take less time to create a redo of PM64 than it would to make an entirely new Paper Mario, and the fact that Nintendo is likely not going to release another Paper Mario so soon after the 3DS one unless it's a remake.

There's something even better than this. Make Paper Mario for 3DS like the original with :bowser: as villain and gameplay like the second one, with a story like the third one!!!

My thought is that Paper 64 is already one of the virtual game in Wii. Remakes usually appear in handheld. It is not impossible, but it would happen after decades.

Except that redesign of graphic is necessary, most of your suggestion is for functions , but the other impartant value of RPG is the story. If you have to give "new story", you'd better make another game. You can do other things such as new protagonists (Luigi, Daisy etc) and new secret partners, even multiple endings, which can make the value of story multiply.

Baby Luigi said:
Sure, some characters from the first one may return, but I would rather have new partners, new story, etc.
Remake doesn't mean real returns, I hope those one-game characters can return to fulfill real needs like species problem. or the staff shouldn't replace the partner with the too similar ability.

Nah, I'd prefer a new game. A remake would kind of be a waste of time, given how often Paper Mario games come out.

Like almost everyone else, I'd rather see something more original than another remake, especially given the large amounts of those we've been given recently.

Cap'n Falcon said:
Nah, I'd prefer a new game. A remake would kind of be a waste of time, given how often Paper Mario games come out.

Yep, agreed.

I mean theres like, 3 out atm, so yeah.

I'd much rather see a new one, which there will be for 3ds so wah yah wahoooooooooo!

Even though I'm not sure how I feel about that one either.

Back