Xenoblade Chronicles

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
You've heard of this game, right?

Xenoblade_box_artwork.png

It's made by Monolith Soft, a company founded by Hirohide Sugiura after he left Square Co. (now Square Enix) in October 1, 1999, formally found investment in Namco before being sold to Nintendo, making it a first-party developer for Nintendo. I found out about this a while ago, thought it looked interesting, but didn't think much of it. The I saw some English names and intentions to release it outside of Japan, and I got more excited for it.

Then came the part I think we all know about. Nintendo suddenly announced that there were no plans to release this game outside of Japan.

This, of course, started a movement called "Operation Rainfall", which was a fan campaign designed to convince Nintendo to not only release THIS game in America, but also The Last Story, developed by Mistwalker and AQ Interactive, and Pandora's Tower developed by Ganbarion. After a lengthy protest and consumer activision, Nintendo finally announced that Xenoblade Chronicles will, indeed, be released in America, Aprial 6, 2012. The Last Story will be released in America June 19, 2012. Still no word on Pandora's Tower, though.

Now, there can be a lot said about Nintendo and the campaign, like how there have been other overly Japanese games that sold well overseas, or how the games are already in English so there shouldn't really be much to do to release in America, or how Nintendo just doesn't want to release it just because it "can" and that it took huge amounts of campaigning and petitioning to convince them otherwise...

If only the same could be said for Mother 3. :(

But let's just talk about the game. Xenoblade Chronicles. It's already in Austrailia and Europe, so those who have played it, what do you think?

I love that game!!!!!!!
Shulk making out with a Robotic Fiora was interesting to say the least....

Smashgoom202 said:
Still no word on Pandora's Tower, though.
:(

Anyway, I've been meaning to find out more about this game leading up to its North American release. It seemed like the least interesting of the three Operation Rainfall games to me, and I know ZI's Damir Hallovic hates its guts, so it'll be interesting to find out more.

I can't wait for this game! I might pre-order it sometime soon so I can get the free artbook from Gamestop.

I'll probably get this way down the road.

Don't have a wii anymore and to be honest dont really want one.

Although I have little doubts about this game, but that could just be a dead assumption.

ONM said it was the 5th best game of 2011 so I want this. Also, is that Megatron I spy on the cover?

RandomGuy said:
ONM said it was the 5th best game of 2011 so I want this. Also, is that Megatron I spy on the cover?

No Megatron I'm aware of.

and I love Megatron.

Ships? Like pairings?

ShulkxFiora
ShulkxMelia
ReynxSharla
DunbanxSharla
ShulkxReyn
MeliaxFiora

hm...that's about all I got. Oh, and
ShulkxZanza [Human form]

I am overly excited for this game. Every moment of free time I have I'm listening to music from it or watching gameplay videos. I'm afraid I'll have watched the most of the game before I even get it. I'm trying to learn how to draw the some of the characters now.

This is a little bit related to the topic: Pandora's Tower is coming to the West! :D I don't know if my mom would ever let me buy this one though...

Fawfulfury65 said:
This is a little bit related to the topic: Pandora's Tower is coming to the West! :D I don't know if my mom would ever let me buy this one though...
Source?

Fawfulfury65 said:
Now I can finally get interested....

Smashgoom202 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Source?
http://www.holymoly.com/games-stuff/video/pandoras-tower-trailer-another-jrpg-gets-translated-west62278

The article is actually kind of misleading because it wasn't announced for the US yet, but will probably show up here like the other two games. It's definitely coming to Europe, though.

I planning on getting this game today, but no one can drive me to Gamestop right now. I'm so excited!

You have good reason to be. I warn ya, though- game's a little tough. Be sure to read all the tutorials in-game.

Back