Xenoblade Chronicles

So what is this game exactly?

Sorta like Dragon quest.
Basically, there is this dude named Shulk, he has the cool sword called the Monado which all these creepy robot dudes want, then there is his Girlfriend Fiora as well. You controll the characters, get good items, fight the creepy robots and level up.

Nabber said:
So what is this game exactly?
A fairly stereotypical JRPG without much to set it apart from the rest of the genre, as far as I can tell. I haven't seen a whole lot of the game, but ZI's Damir Halilović gave it a scathing review and for reasons I very much agree with, so I'm personally a little leery of it.

(there's games better than the JRPG console stereotype on iOS for $0.99 to $4.99, in case you didn't know)

This game is much, much better than he says it is. Play it from beginning to end and /try/ to tell me it isn't awesome.

It really isn't. There's a fuckton of sidequests, but you don't have to go on them. The story's pretty good and there's almost always an arrow pointing you in the right direction during story quests. The game isn't insanely complicated at all- but you will be doing some mad level-grinding if you don't learn how to make proper usage of the mechanics.

No I'm on level 8 attacking enemies around my level. I died like 5 times in the first cave place. I also always run out of attacks to use so I might be doing something wrong.

Remember, your attacks are unlimited- and you don't have to use anything to activate them. You come close to your enemy and you automatically attack. Your arts- the row on the bottom screen- can be used too, but you can only use them once before you have to let them recharge.

I picked up this game today, since I was gone when it arrived at GameStop. I haven't played it yet, but now that I've beaten Kid Icarus: Uprising, I'll probably get to playing it soon.

Back