GAME (UK Store) could go bust

NSY

Celestial Guide
Apparently GAME have failed to stock Mario Party 9, Mass Effect 3 and a few others. Gamestation (another UK store) have failed to also stock these game.

Mario Party 9 has been at the top of the Wii charts on amazon and also has been at the top of the Nintendo UK site.

As for Mass Effect 3, I don't know what happening with that game.

What could exactly be going on? Could this be the end of the popular game store in Europe?

N64Dude

Katyusha best Girls Und Panzer Girl
Re: GAME (UK Store) could go burst

Game did not have Wii Party Our Gamesstation is better

N64Dude

Nabber it could be I Got SM3DL From GameStation and MK7 From Asdas

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff

This topic has almost nothing to support its premise, so I don't see much reason to think they're going under.

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff

It stopped stocking most recent releases (including everything by EA), they only refund with in-store credits and they're having ridiculous sales on their used games. They're definitely going under.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

Damn. I usually go to game for my...well, games, so this could be pretty bad. And Gamestation is the only store left that sells Gamecube games, IIRC, so :(.

Also, where is stocking Mario Party 9? I haven't had much luck finding

Toad85

MarioKartRPG

Glowsquid said:
It stopped stocking most recent releases (including everything by EA), they only refund with in-store credits and they're having ridiculous sales on their used games. They're definitely going under.
sucks to be british.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

It's pretty likely to happen now. GAME has put itself up for sale in order to avoid going into administration.

Ernest Fine

Dreamboat
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/11/game-is-up-for-sale/

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here

Well since there is bargins at least that means I can put some vouchers I have to good use

Guiliant

Shine Sprite

looks like even eurobros will have to share our misery with gamestop :(

SKmarioman

King Bowser

Wow. Game's a lot different in the UK than here in Australia. It's a lot more like EB Games but with in-store credit and occasionally has games on display that are free to play. And they've always, as far as I know, have new releases in stock. When I went to Game yesterday MP9 was in stock.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff

GAME is in Australia too? I've only ever seen Electronics Boutique and Gametraders around these parts.

SKmarioman

King Bowser

I've only seen Game in shopping centers, such as Westfield. I haven't seen any out next to the street or anything.

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff

Looking on their website, the closest one to me is in Frankston. Like hell I'm going to that slum.

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here

SKmarioman said:
Wow. Game's a lot different in the UK than here in Australia. It's a lot more like EB Games but with in-store credit and occasionally has games on display that are free to play. And they've always, as far as I know, have new releases in stock. When I went to Game yesterday MP9 was in stock.
Same .I play SM3DL whenever I go in GAME because of free games to play

ToxBox

Power Star

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/18/game-has-just-one-week-to-raise-180m-or-its-game-over/

N64Dude

i hate Game they Don't have the games i need! D: Asdas do