Who thinks it's too expensive to go to the movies these days?

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
20 dollars for popcorn? Seriously!?

Dunno where you're going if you have to pay that much for a bag of popcorn.

My family doesn't buy the theater's food, we pack our own.

It saves us a lot of money, and we've never gotten caught.

It's not that bad if you go in the morning, steer clear of 3D, and sneak in your own food.

I saw the Muppets with my family and we were the only ones in the theater.

It was pretty nice, but I think that caused us not to care if we were being loud, so we probably ruined any piracy that could have been going on (meaning when people record the movie from the top with a camcorder.)

Sorry sometimes I use too many conjunctions in my sentences.

3D is a nice thing but it's WAY TOO overrated.

It costs $5 for a large bag of popcorn, but they give free refills on it at my theater.

So basically you buy the bag, share it, send it back, come back, share it, and it's really not that bad of a deal. Rather good actually.

(a devious tactic would be to fold up the large popcorn bag and then take it with you every time you go to the theater)

My town doesn't even have a theatre anymore. ;_;

Baby Luigi said:
3D is a nice thing but it's WAY TOO overrated.
Eggs-actly (Get it? Because there was no mention at all of eggs :D).

People say 3D makes characters more believable, but check this out:

Star Wars: Not in 3D. Yoda=believable

Lord of the Rings: Not in 3D. Gollum/Smeagol=believable

Avatar: 3D. Neytaraorwhateverthehellhernamewas=Who? Oh, you mean that blue girl who had sex with the guy? Yeah, no.

See what I mean?

Guiliant said:
I don't think my town has ever had a movie theatre, but I also don't think I would go to the theatre more often if it did. Watching a movie before it comes out on Bluray isn't really worth sitting in a seat engineered to be as uncomftorable as possible in a room full of loud, annoying people you don't even know. So, I don't go to the theatre too often, so I wouldn't know if it's been getting more expensive or what. But I don't think it's ever really been a small enough amount of money for it to actually be worth it to go to the theatre so!

Uniju said:
Guiliant said:
I don't think my town has ever had a movie theatre, but I also don't think I would go to the theatre more often if it did. Watching a movie before it comes out on Bluray isn't really worth sitting in a seat engineered to be as uncomftorable as possible in a room full of loud, annoying people you don't even know. So, I don't go to the theatre too often, so I wouldn't know if it's been getting more expensive or what. But I don't think it's ever really been a small enough amount of money for it to actually be worth it to go to the theatre so!
That actually brings up a good point...

Does anyone else have those "Redbox" things in your local grocery store? It's like a vending machine except you rent movies for 24 hours there. FOR ONE DOLLAR. Plus since you're at the grocery store you can buy your own snacks and stuff for cheap.

Then you can go home and watch it from the comfort of your couch, which means you can also pause the movie or re-watch it if you have nothing better to do.

Eh its pretty cheap depending on when you go and how often.

I rarely go and I just get a ticket and drink anyway. Don't like munching on food while watching movies, real bad for ya.

Now that both my blockbusters are closed. I'll have to rely on netflix more than likely and probably more on the theater.

It's mentioned somewhere in here about RedBox but that stuff is pretty limited, so eh.

Zae said:

I rarely go and I just get a ticket and drink anyway. Don't like munching on food while watching movies, real bad for ya.

Now that both my blockbusters are closed. I'll have to rely on netflix more than likely and probably more on the theater.

It's mentioned somewhere in here about RedBox but that stuff is pretty limited, so eh.
Bad for you why? I don't ever remember seeing people running around while they eat anytime.

Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Zae said:

Bad for you why? I don't ever remember seeing people running around while they eat anytime.

actually a lot of people munch on food while they're watching movies or tv shows. It's pretty common and one of the reasons why people are overweight to begin with.

Food like pop corn and potato chips exist for that very reason.

Zae said:
Post-Damage Invincibility said:
Zae said:

actually a lot of people munch on food while they're watching movies or tv shows. It's pretty common and one of the reasons why people are overweight to begin with.

Food like pop corn and potato chips exist for that very reason.

I dont know. I eat dinner while I watch tv often, and I'm real thin. Eating while you watch tv or a movie isnt bad for you. Over consumption of food at ANY time is bad for you. It has nothing to do with context in which you are eating, and everything to do with your own bad eating habits.

Back