Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
Since this doesn't seem to fit in with other topics, here you can discuss the possibility of a character's moveset being changed or their final smash being changed. You can also discuss the characters you want in and their possible moveset and final smashes as well.

So...let the speculating and dream-crushing begin! :yoshi:

Ganondorf's moveset should be changed the most. He wields a sword, he should use it! It doesn't make sense for him to use similar bones from Captain Falcon.

Your thread mainly focuses on the characters already in the game.

This thread allows people to say what characters they want in SSB4 and their possible moveset/Final Smash.

Think of it as Zero's thread, except people can share their ideas.

Mega Man:

B: Mega Buster
B-side: Depends on the last person he KO'd
B-up: Rush Coil
B-Down: Slide?

Final Smash: Still deciding

I also have good Final Smashes for Ryu and Phoenix Wright.

Ryu: That giant Hadoken beam (I forget what it's called)

Phoenix Wright: Objection!

Drilbur said:
Mega Man:

B: Mega Buster (is chargeable)
B-side: Hard Knuckle
B-up: Beat Call (think of Snake's Cypher move)
B-Down: Charge Kick

Final Smash: Hyper Mega Man (from Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & 2)
Sounds good.

Ryu: That giant Hadoken beam (I forget what it's called)
SHINKUUUUUU HADOUKEN

Baby Luigi said:
Ganondorf's moveset should be changed the most. He wields a sword, he should use it! It doesn't make sense for him to use similar bones from Captain Falcon.
Exactly! If you ask me, Ganondorf should appear as his "Demise" incarnation from Skyward Sword. Then, he'll HAVE to get both a great moveset and a badass look. His Final Smash should even have him transformed into the Imprisoned and cause havoc on the field by trying to stomp everybody with shockwaves.

Also, if Toon Link returns, he really needs some original items. Instead of just pasting Link's moveset, give Toon Link items that he got specifically from his games like Roc's Cape for his Up-B, Pegasus Boots for his Right/Left-B, the Skull Hammer for Down-B, and and the Whirlwind for his Normal-B. Lastly, I think his Final Smash should have him use the Four Sword from The Minish Cap to create three other illusions who follow Toon Link and perform the same attacks. The advantage is that they follow together so closely that it's four times harder to dodge their attack due to the length of your attacks increasing with these other illusions.

Further, Link obviously needs to adapt to his Skyward Sword look and moveset. Have the Up-B use the Beetle, Right/Left-B to use the Whip, Down-B to roll Bombs, and Normal-B for the Bow and Arrow. His Final Smash should definitely be the Skyward Strike, which moves from the right to the left on the same height that you launched it.

New Final Smash input for Kirby...

Ultra_Sword.png

Ultra Sword: Kirby becomes Ultra Sword Kirby for a brief period of time. By pressing the Final Smash button, Kirby can perform a sword strike that heavily damages opponents, and even bypasses defenses, invincibility frames, and flinch resistances. However, it has no effect against those who have grabbed a Starman. Kirby can perform up to "5" attacks with this Final Smash. After the 5th attack, Kirby will immediately lose the Ultra Sword ability, and the Final Smash will end.

As a bonus, the BGM will briefly change while this Final Smash is in effect...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCLuYBYwfQ

Professor Mario said:
Also, if Toon Link returns, he really needs some original items. Instead of just pasting Link's moveset, give Toon Link items that he got specifically from his games like Roc's Cape for his Up-B, Pegasus Boots for his Right/Left-B, the Skull Hammer for Down-B, and and the Whirlwind for his Normal-B. Lastly, I think his Final Smash should have him use the Four Sword from The Minish Cap to create three other illusions who follow Toon Link and perform the same attacks. The advantage is that they follow together so closely that it's four times harder to dodge their attack due to the length of your attacks increasing with these other illusions.
I think you might be confusing Toon Link (Wind Waker) with Four Sword Link (Four Swords).

Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
I think you might be confusing Toon Link (Wind Waker) with Four Sword Link (Four Swords).
I'm actually trying to combine all of the Toon Link incarnations.

MnSG said:
Ultra Sword: Kirby becomes Ultra Sword Kirby for a brief period of time. By pressing the Final Smash button, Kirby can perform a sword strike that heavily damages opponents, and even bypasses defenses, invincibility frames, and flinch resistances. However, it has no effect against those who have grabbed a Starman. Kirby can perform up to "5" attacks with this Final Smash. After the 5th attack, Kirby will immediately lose the Ultra Sword ability, and the Final Smash will end.
Considering how insane the range of the Ultra Sword is in the game, it would be insanely cheap in SSB4 if these were the rules.

Professor Mario said:
Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
All of the Toon Link incarnations? Are the Links put together based on how they're animated? I thought it depended more on the timeline they originate from (for example, all the other Zelda characters are based on the Hero of Time and Child Era of Zelda).

Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
All of the Toon Link incarnations? Are the Links put together based on how they're animated? I thought it depended more on the timeline they originate from (for example, all the other Zelda characters are based on the Hero of Time and Child Era of Zelda).
Actually, yes. We have Young Link, Adult Link, Toon Link, and Classic Link. I'm just saying that it'd be limiting to only put a specific set of items from one game compared to the amount that's debuted for this specific Link throughout the whole franchise.

Professor Mario said:
Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
Actually, yes. We have Young Link, Adult Link, Toon Link, and Classic Link. I'm just saying that it'd be limiting to only put a specific set of items from one game compared to the amount that's debuted for this specific Link throughout the whole franchise.
Here's how I see it:
Skyward Sword Link (duh)
Four Sword Link (TMC, FS, later reincarnated in FSA)
Hero of Time Link(OoT, MM, TP)
Oracle Link (OoS, OoA)
Classic Link (LttP, LA, LoZ, ZII)
Wind Waker Link aka Toon Link (WW, PH, ST)

Let's take a look at the other Zelda characters.

We have Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. If you take a look at them in all 3 Smash Bros. games, they're all based on the Hero of Time games. They're not a jumble of every game there's been a Link, a Zelda, and a Ganon (Ganon would look way more beast-like). I think the same should be with this Link. He should stay in the timeline he belongs in.

Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
Drilbur said:
Professor Mario said:
Here's how I see it:
Skyward Sword Link (duh)
Four Sword Link (TMC, FS, later reincarnated in FSA)
Hero of Time Link(OoT, MM, TP)
Oracle Link (OoS, OoA)
Classic Link (LttP, LA, LoZ, ZII)
Wind Waker Link aka Toon Link (WW, PH, ST)

Let's take a look at the other Zelda characters.

We have Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. If you take a look at them in all 3 Smash Bros. games, they're all based on the Hero of Time games. They're not a jumble of every game there's been a Link, a Zelda, and a Ganon (Ganon would look way more beast-like). I think the same should be with this Link. He should stay in the timeline he belongs in.
Oh no, I don't think you understand what I meant. I know that there are Links used for each type of game and the ones you mentioned are the number of canonical Links. I'm speaking in terms of APPEARANCES Nintendo recycles for these Links, which allows us to tell which one they're specifically using apart without having to scratch your head thinking about the story. Anyways, I still like my idea. I believe that you shouldn't limit a character to only one game/timeline they appeared specifically in. Opening up all of their history brings up creativity which to me would really spice up everybody's hype and satisfy mostly everybody's needs. Besides, people are always clamoring for a specific, so why not just put them together in order to satisfy as many people as possible? I respect your opinion, but I stand by mine.

Back