Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

It's a book series called the Secret series. The first book is called The Name of This Book is Secret.
It's highly influenced by Lemony.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
It's a book series called the Secret series. The first book is called The Name of This Book is Secret.
It's highly influenced by Lemony.

I read those books. The attempts to emulate Lemony Snicket were a little cringeworthy at times (especially since the world in which the Secret series is set isn't nearly as surreal/morbid/unsettling/hilarious as Snicket's) but overall I enjoyed them.

I would have enjoyed it if the resolution actually existed. The last book absolutely sucked.

Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer said:
I would have enjoyed it if the resolution actually existed. The last book absolutely sucked.

There was a resolution:
Beatrice was Mrs. Baudelaire, Olaf hates the Baudelaires because Beatrice and Lemony killed his parents with poison darts for being on the wrong side of the schism, and the Baudelaires' house was burned down in retaliation by (most likely) Esme Squalor. Also, IIRC, it's implied that at least one of the Baudelaires is in fact Lemony's son, not Bertrand's.

The ending was rather ambiguous regarding the spores and whether the Baudelaires made it back to civilization, but other than that it was wrapped up pretty well.

Man I love that series. I can't remember anything of the last book, other than that they burned down a tower or something.

Has anyone read the Beatrice Letters? They give you insight on Lemony Snicket. Oh, and it mentions that sunny is a host on a radio cooking show.

Detective Dick Gumshoe said:
Man I love that series. I can't remember anything of the last book, other than that they burned down a tower or something.

That was the second to last.

I wish they hadn't; if the Denouement Hotel was real I would so go there.

No, the Quagmires were in the same situation as the Baudelaires just damper. Which means that the Great Unknown was something like the island run by Ish.

Never read the books, heard they're good though.

Tell ya one thing though, that movie was god awful.

please have jim carrey please have jim carrey please have jim carrey

no srsly the first movie was awesome and i was pretty disappointed that nothing else happened

Eri Ayase said:
no srsly the first movie was awesome and i was pretty disappointed that nothing else happened
absolutely like cmon

also pls be good pls be good pls be good

Back