Super Mario Galaxy

Knife

Searching for adventure
Retired Wiki Staff
Is SMG actually the Super Mario 128? There are websites saying that it is but there are also website saying the opposite?

Spike said:
Is SMG actually the Super Mario 128? There are websites saying that it is but there are also website saying the opposite?
Super Mario 128... I always thought it would be some kind of strategy game with 128 Mario's or something. o_O Anyway, I think SM128 was a cancelled game, and Super Mario Galaxy is coming out to replace it being "The true sequel to SM64" and so forth. Who knows.

sdessoki said:
Never Heard Of The "Super Mario 128"

Super Mario 128 was going to be the sequel to Super Mario 64. It was announced in 1997 :eek: !

However, years and years past and it never got released. But at E3, when fans saw Super Mario Galaxy many fans thought it was the long awaited Super Mario 128.

I don't understand how the game could be a true sequel. Isn't Super Mario Sunshine considered a true sequel? Or is the story a sequel? Either way I think we'll find out when t is released.

Spike said:
I don't understand how the game could be a true sequel. Isn't Super Mario Sunshine considered a true sequel? Or is the story a sequel? Either way I think we'll find out when t is released.

Super Mario 128 was announced before Super Mario Sunshine was even announced, and that time Shigeru Miyamoto condiered it a sequel.

No plot was revealed for Mario 128, thought.

I always thought that SMG was this SM128.

I think that the final boss in Super Mario Galaxy will be Tatanga from Super Mario Land!

Who do you will be the final boss in the game?

Super Mario 128 is not really a video game. It may have been intended to be one many years ago, but now it has become more like a developing tool. I think elements of Super Mario 128 are present in both Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. The goal of the Super Mario 128 is to explore Mario and his actions to produce more interesting games. It's a long process, not an actual game.

I'm going with Sir Grodus. A new villain would be awesome.

Maybe Bowser will get possessed by YET ANOTHER furiously deranged female entity. (a la Superstar Saga and Partners in Time)

Do you think Mario Galaxy is gonna be in worlds like it's 2 presseders??? (spelled right?) or be like, The Legend Of Zelda:The Wind Waker Anybody played it? you'll understand what I mean. you know, like, SMG is one-big worlds??? (yes, I said worlds) I think so. Man, That'd be SO COOL!!! :) I want it!!!! oh yeah, not out yet... :blush:

one world, or galaxy would definetly fit the game best i believe. And also Miyamoto has confirmed that mario 128 was infact a demonstration, not a game. And many of the elements will be used in galaxy. This is what confuses people on that subject. Mario galaxy is not mario 128 but much, much more. But to be honest, lets hope they come up with a deeper story than an alien takes peach. I mean come on! Mario needs to have a little depth to his story!!!

I always thought that PMTTYD had a fairly deep story.... a mentally abused evil doer, a 100-year old demon, a gang war, possesion...

All the Mario RPGS have been really deep plot-wise. For some reason, this has never translated over to the main series.

RPGs certainly offer more horizons for plot, much more so than platformers. Hopefully SMG will change that for the better.

Wayoshi said:
predecessors?

So far from the demos it looks like one big world, like Banjo-Tooie.

64 and Sunshine. and yeah, it just seems... so BIG. I mean, Banjo-Tooie is like, what, half a planet??? less??? we're talking a WHOLE GALAXY!!! our Earth, huge huge earth, is like, a micro-plankton on the moon. and more. it's just plain HUGE

Back