Super Mario Galaxy

James Wilson said:
Free Loader said:
James Wilson said:
Please say how Galaxy is better.
OK...
James Wilson said:
Super Mario Galaxy is ONLY a story mode.
Yeah, and Pong was only a Pong mode. That didn't make it suck, did it?
James Wilson said:
and means that you probably won't be consistently coming back to play it
...I'm not normal? :(
James Wilson said:
Also, if the only thing you do in Brawl's story mode is fight, then all you do in Galaxy is jump on people.
I guess. If you count planets and buttons and enemies and mushrooms and flowers and floors as "people", than yeah, all you do is jump. And star spin. Brawl is a fighting game, and that's all it is.
James Wilson said:
a contemplation of the greatest music in video game history
...Are you forgetting Galaxy's amazing orchestrated sound track? No matter how much latin Brawl stuffs into it's songs, it's not going to be better than Galaxy.
James Wilson said:
actual replay value
And Galaxy has fake replay value? Well, people eat fake mashed potatoes all the time, couldn't be too bad

There's nothing else to it. You complete it once, and that's it.

I thought you would've realized that when you joined a Mario fan site.

So, the Coin Launcher, Homerun Contest, Target Smash, etc., etc., don't exsist?

If you were counting only the music that was created for Brawl, I would agree with you. However, with Brawl's 100+ soundtrack of handpicked epic songs spanning multiple series and generations, I would say that beats out the overrated soundtrack of SMG.

But they're not as good as real mashed potatoes.

*Sigh*

The SoundTrack very epic

CN :-\

I like Galaxy, but one of my friends hates it because he thinks it's reatarded. :mad:

Free Loader said:
If you were counting only the music that was created for Brawl, I would agree with you. However, with Brawl's 100+ soundtrack of handpicked epic songs spanning multiple series and generations, I would say that beats out the overrated soundtrack of SMG.
...Handpicked? Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack was actually MADE for SMG, everything in Brawl is stolen from other games, so OTHER GAMES have good soundtracks, Brawl just took from them.

And remixed them. 100+ Greatest video games ever > Soundtrack of one game only.

fire MARIO bros said:

*Sigh*

The SoundTrack very epic

CN :-\

I didn't think so.

IMO, this game was simple and easy in most parts while the rest is medium and annoying.

I guess it's to make newer Mario fans to get thier feet wet with the series.

James Wilson said:
Super Mario Galaxy is ONLY a story mode. There is nothing else to occupy your time. That decimates it's replay value (loluigi), and means that you probably won't be consistently coming back to play it.
Only so much can be fit into one game if it has a good story mode to it. If you find that a game has little to no replay value, it's because you're expecting it to automatically give it to you. As long as you have an imagination, you can make a game have replay value. Take PMTTYD for example. It has the one story mode, and nothing else. That is correct, but that doesn't mean there isn't more to it than meets the eye. I've played the game 49 or 50 times, and I still go back for more. Do you know why? Because I make the game have more replayability. I've played the game fighting only the bosses; I've played it using no items; I've played it by entering the Pit of 100 Trials at level 2 and leaving it at level 19; I've hacked into the game; and when I thought there were no more ways to play it, I found more ways. The same thing happened with SM64. I got the game in '97, and I didn't sell it until '01. I played the game at least 60 times. I gave the game replay value by creating my own ways of playing it. Almost any game can have a large amount of replay value as long as you give it the chance to.

Stooben Rooben said:
James Wilson said:
Super Mario Galaxy is ONLY a story mode. There is nothing else to occupy your time. That decimates it's replay value (loluigi), and means that you probably won't be consistently coming back to play it.
Only so much can be fit into one game if it has a good story mode to it. If you find that a game has little to no replay value, it's because you're expecting it to automatically give it to you. As long as you have an imagination, you can make a game have replay value. Take PMTTYD for example. It has the one story mode, and nothing else. That is correct, but that doesn't mean there isn't more to it than meets the eye. I've played the game 49 or 50 times, and I still go back for more. Do you know why? Because I make the game have more replayability. I've played the game fighting only the bosses; I've played it using no items; I've played it by entering the Pit of 100 Trials at level 2 and leaving it at level 19; I've hacked into the game; and when I thought there were no more ways to play it, I found more ways. The same thing happened with SM64. I got the game in '97, and I didn't sell it until '01. I played the game at least 60 times. I gave the game replay value by creating my own ways of playing it. Almost any game can have a large amount of replay value as long as you give it the chance to.
Plus glitches give you extra things to do in the game.

Stooben Rooben said:

In that case, Brawl should have the replay value from the story mode, and all of the multiplayer modes to keep you occupied. Brawl still wins.

James Wilson said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Way to stay on-topic, by the way.

And your post is?

We're talking about whether or not Galaxy is the best Wii game. What're you doing?
You're talking about Brawl. This is the Galaxy topic, not Galaxy vs. Brawl.

Now look what you've done, I'm off-topic.

Power-up reviews:

Galaxy; This has many actual power ups, like spring, bee, and my favorite, red star! Many have different powers, but most of durability or jumping/flying. These power-ups make the game extra fun. I know the red star is basically only in the observatory, but it's very fun flying anywhere you want around the whole place. The bee makes you fly and stand on light things. The spring, I must admit, is annoying, but it makes you jump REALLY high. The boo makes you fly and go through walls. Rainbow makes you invincibe....

Brawl: Only 1 actual powerup, and that's the final smash. plus it's 1 use, while everything in Galaxy you can do forever (except red star, it has a song-timer.) or until you get hurt or run into water. (for bee.)

reecer6 said:
Power-up reviews:
Brawl: Only 1 actual powerup, and that's the final smash. plus it's 1 use, while everything in Galaxy you can do forever (except red star, it has a song-timer.) or until you get hurt or run into water. (for bee.)

What? What about Fire Mario, Ice Mario, Spring Mario and Boo Mario?

reecer6 said:
Power-up reviews:

Mushroom, Metal Box, Poison Mushroom, Timer, Bunny Hood, Hammer, Curry, and more don't count?

James Wilson said:
reecer6 said:
Power-up reviews:

Mushroom, Metal Box, Poison Mushroom, Timer, Bunny Hood, Hammer, Curry, and more don't count?

I think he's drawing the line of defining objects as powerups a bit too high. By the way, the poison mushroom isn't much of a powerup, is it?

Smiddle said:
James Wilson said:
reecer6 said:
Power-up reviews:

I think he's drawing the line of defining objects as powerups a bit too high. By the way, the poison mushroom isn't much of a powerup, is it?
It acts as a Mini Mushroom, so yes... A power-DOWN!

Reecer6: Most of the power-ups, such as Fire and Ice Flowers, don't last forever, yet Brawl's the same here unless it's special Brawl.

I don't get it.
Is it funny because it could be interpreted as "boob" with the first consonant's place of articulation moved?

Guess so. :P

Anyway, I'm going to merge this with the SMG thread. It seems a little too random and short to be it's own topic.

Back