Super Mario Galaxy

BUMP

I've got all 120 stars as Mario. :)
And now I have to do it all again as Luigi... -.-
Waiting for those Prankster comets until they're at the right place sucks...

Who wouldn't get the game. I know that I did.

PaperStriker said:
BUMP

You dont HAVE to wait for them. Pay the Purple Luma 30 Starbits and he'll move them to random galaxies. Then just go to the Galaxies and do the missions.

King Boo said:
PaperStriker said:
BUMP

You dont HAVE to wait for them. Pay the Purple Luma 30 Starbits and he'll move them to random galaxies. Then just go to the Galaxies and do the missions.
I know, but I wanna do them in order. I'm a perfectionist...

PaperStriker said:
King Boo said:
PaperStriker said:
BUMP

I know, but I wanna do them in order. I'm a perfectionist...
>_> I don't think there is an "order".

Good Egg -> Honeyhive -> Space Junk...
The order you unlock the galaxies...

PaperStriker said:

There's a word for that.

OVEREACTIVE PERFECTIONIST

i love this game its the best on the wii in my opinion still havent gotten all the stars.

PaperStriker said:

Weird, I unlocked them like this:

Good Egg -> Honeyhive -> Loopdeloop

Unfortunately, Loopdeloop has no Prankster Comets. :P <_<

:smug:

Greetings beloved!

I was reading on the wiki that it was unsure whether or not the Toad Brigade leader was THE Toad. See I had checked out Super Mario Galaxy: Prima Official Game Guide, Premiere Edition by Fletcher Bleck. Bearing the "Official Nintendo Seal" the Guide is a fine book... and has something to say about Toad. While there are a few differences between the Toad and Toad Brigade Leader such as the Leader wearing a red vest whilst Toad often wears blue. However, the authoritative Guide which bears Nintendo's stamp of approval has this to say...

Toad
Toad is Princess Peach's trusted conifdant. He and the Mushroom Kingdom are always at Peach's service, so when Bowser steals the castle and carries it into space, Toad and his friends help Mario get it and Princess Peach back. Toad and his comrades will occasionally appear to assist Mario in their Mushroom-shaped starships.

So in Fletcher Black's Nintendo Seal bearing Official Guide from Prima can be trusted, then yes, it is the character Toad who leads the Toad Brigade and helps out Mario in Super Mario Galaxy.

That's all, see ya' next time!

That's because no one ever talks about Galaxy anymore. It was good for one playthrough of Mario and one for Luigi, but then it got boring. Brawl is a fighting/party game. It's endless hours of fun, coupled with online, a large selection of characters and stages, and a WALL of unlockables, I'd say that Brawl > Galaxy.

Free Loader said:
James Wilson said:
That's because no one ever talks about Galaxy anymore. It was good for one playthrough of Mario and one for Luigi, but then it got boring. Brawl is a fighting/party game. It's endless hours of fun, coupled with online, a large selection of characters and stages, and a WALL of unlockables, I'd say that Brawl > Galaxy.
Yes, Brawl is a "fighting/party" game, it may get boring slower, but that's because it's made to stretch out the same thing over and over again trying to make it fun for as long as it can. Galaxy is a game with a long, linear story mode, which unlike Brawl's story mode, is the main part of the game. Galaxy has a beginning and an end, Brawl has no end, but that doesn't mean it isn't the same thing over and over again.

By long, do you mean repetitive? Almost all of Galaxy's "new" features are just copied level after level. Honeyhive? Let's add another level that's exactly the same! Also, Spring Mario ftl, and Flying is limited in the space station. wtf? Brawl, on the other hand, has multiplayer on it's side. While your friend could be bored out of his mind as a little wand-y thing in Galaxy, you and 3 other friends COULD be punching each other in the face. Also, never mention story again. Neither game has one that's even close to being decent.

Free Loader said:
I said story MODE. As in, a main center mode of the game with an actual goal. Brawl's story mode was a glorified version of it's battle(Brawl? Fighting? I don't know what they hell they call it) mode, Galaxy's story mode is long and a lot less repetitive than killing the same enemies over and over again. You trying to compare Galaxy's story mode to Brawl's battle mode is like trying to compare Mario Party 8 to Super Mario 64. Mario Party 8 is much better at being a board game amirit?

Super Mario Galaxy is ONLY a story mode. There is nothing else to occupy your time. That decimates it's replay value (loluigi), and means that you probably won't be consistently coming back to play it. Also, if the only thing you do in Brawl's story mode is fight, then all you do in Galaxy is jump on people. Brawl had easily beter graphics, a wider range of characters, a contemplation of the greatest music in video game history, actual replay value, and online.

Please say how Galaxy is better.

It's a fine game, but once again...

I don't even have to say it!

If you don't know what I'm saying...

Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach, only he decides to have something to slow down Mario while Bowser tries to do something new which fails in the end. Again. Then Luigi comes and eventually beats up Bowser.

Free Loader said:
James Wilson said:
Please say how Galaxy is better.
OK...
James Wilson said:
Super Mario Galaxy is ONLY a story mode.
Yeah, and Pong was only a Pong mode. That didn't make it suck, did it?
James Wilson said:
and means that you probably won't be consistently coming back to play it
...I'm not normal? :(
James Wilson said:
Also, if the only thing you do in Brawl's story mode is fight, then all you do in Galaxy is jump on people.
I guess. If you count planets and buttons and enemies and mushrooms and flowers and floors as "people", than yeah, all you do is jump. And star spin. Brawl is a fighting game, and that's all it is.
James Wilson said:
a contemplation of the greatest music in video game history
...Are you forgetting Galaxy's amazing orchestrated sound track? No matter how much latin Brawl stuffs into it's songs, it's not going to be better than Galaxy.
James Wilson said:
actual replay value
And Galaxy has fake replay value? Well, people eat fake mashed potatoes all the time, couldn't be too bad

There's nothing else to it. You complete it once, and that's it.

I thought you would've realized that when you joined a Mario fan site.

So, the Coin Launcher, Homerun Contest, Target Smash, etc., etc., don't exsist?

If you were counting only the music that was created for Brawl, I would agree with you. However, with Brawl's 100+ soundtrack of handpicked epic songs spanning multiple series and generations, I would say that beats out the overrated soundtrack of SMG.

But they're not as good as real mashed potatoes.

Back