Largest Character Roster

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
What's the largest playable character roster in a video game that you've played/heard of?

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3. It has 161 playable characters.

Well yeah the Tenkaichi game is basically the example for a ridiculously large Character roster.

But I'd like to mention the Lego Crossover games. In particular Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Which had 160 playable characters.

At least the Budokai Tenkaichi titles are only associated with characters from the Dragon Ball universe. This includes Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and even the movies.

Northern Verve said:
Well yeah the Tenkaichi game is basically the example for a ridiculously large Character roster.

But I'd like to mention the Lego Crossover games. In particular Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Which had 160 playable characters.
At least in BT3 there is variety. In Complete Saga, EVERY FUCKING JEDI IS THE SAME!

Does Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 count? You can play just about all the Pokemon as of Generation IV.

Cell said:
Northern Verve said:

At least in BT3 there is variety. In Complete Saga, EVERY FUCKING JEDI IS THE SAME!

True but... whenever a character roster is having more then 100 or even 50 characters and that includes the Tenkaichi games there's going to be characters that are pretty damn similar. There is probably more variety in Tenkaichi but that doesn't mean it's entirely flawless in variety of all the characters. I see some characters that are clones of another character and even clones of clones in the game.

Also isn't it a bit jerkish to say that? Even if they're not that much different in the Lego games plenty of the Jedi are still popular characters. And they're there in case anyone feels like going through a level with a Jedi they like that isn't really a major character. I'm sure there's some people that personally enjoy playing as Kit Fisto for example.

Cell said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
all the Pokemon as of Generation IV.

No comment.

Not really, you can't play as Arceus as far as I'm concerned

For me, the biggest character roster I heard of is probably one of those Marvel vs. Capcom games. Another, which I played, is Super Sluggers and, of course, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Cell said:
Northern Verve said:

At least in BT3 there is variety. In Complete Saga, EVERY *bleep*ING JEDI IS THE SAME!
Except the ghosts. They are well worth the studs and time to unlock.

I think Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Mortal Combat.

Marvel vs Capcom.

Chrono Cross has like 45 playable characters. What makes it worse is that this is an RPG.

I believe that the Guiness World Records said that the platform game with the most playable characters was Sonic Heroes with 12 (platform games usually have 1, 2, or 4).

Evil Magikrazy said:
I believe that the Guiness World Records said that the platform game with the most playable characters was Sonic Heroes with 12 (platform games usually have 1, 2, or 4).
I think Rayman Origins over takes that record

Yoshidude99 said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
I think Rayman Origins over takes that record
And the Lego games over takes that record.

Yeah the Lego games have the most. I wonder how many characters there would be if you combined all the Lego games.

Majin Vegeta said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Cell said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
all the Pokemon as of Generation IV.

No comment.

Not really, you can't play as Arceus as far as I'm concerned
I said just about all of them. I don't think you can play Darkrai either.
What about Shaymin?
You can play as Shaymin too, but I don't remember how to get it.

Back